Re-order Emails Going Out Now

ngchol said:
TheDarkSpectrum48K said:
(*Previous reply removed*)

Hey Mali, you are right we should, as a forum, continue to undermine Craig and his team (Trevor, sorry sarcasm I know!)... but I will have not part of it ...

Craig (and team) my full respects, my sympathy on the abuse you take, but mali is right Im am a touch to direct .. please do not let the negative slurs, and downright accusations you get constantly by idiots get you down... know that a lot of people support you !!

TDS48K out ... for good,
What a big brave keyboard warrior you are!

Ooooohhhh, a PM from TheDarkSpectrum48K inviting me to step outside. How scary!

"wow I am deeply endebted to you for showing we what a literary genius you are... how about we get together and discuss this? I don't hide behind a keyboard - Do you?"

Last edited by a moderator:
ngchol said:
Ooooohhhh, a PM from TheDarkSpectrum48K inviting me to step outside. How scary!
Dude, at this rate you're not helping matters either.

Really, the devs (arguably) don't need people aggressively defending them here and moderators don't need people trying to do their job for them. There is a "report post" button after all. I fail to see how any of this is constructive.

Also: IBTL :huh:

Although I said my last post was the last one, I have no choice but to step out for one more email because of this little ninkimpoop ..

What did you expect - In your post you tell me I hide behind a keyboard. Merely saying anything I type I would be happy to say to your face ... i.e. believe in what I say not just typing words.. If you want to read into it that I'm saying "hey step outside" its your perogative.

Now do us all a favour and let my posts go ... and me .. and return to whatever you do (or don;t)

7zark7 said:
Therefore in my head it is likely the lack of funds that is also slowing up key components like the LCD, depsite what gbax are saying. They have probably paid for the amount they have recieved with the funds that have managed to clear (this is just my theory so dont shoot me).
I can niether confirm nor deny the rest of your theory, but I can say with absolute certainty that this part is incorrect. All parts have been ordered, and 4000 Pandoras are being manufactured, no matter what happens with the banks.

If you paid for a Pandora (or re-paid, as the case may be), you will be getting one. This bank switch is a pain in the ass, and the LCD shortage is a pain in the ass, but they're working around the problems. Like I said before, nothing short of a natural disaster could stop production at this point.

nice to hear and this was the shakiest part of my theory :)

Anyway my point was shit happens and we all need to pull together.

I do think it would good to get a regular official method of keeping people up to date for better of for worse

7Zark7

7zark7 said:
I work in the banking industry and have spent time working on card processing and fraud systems, I also pre-ordered and as of yet have not recieved an email from GBAX.

Here is my theory as to what has happened here, it is just a theory (but reading between the lines, probably not far from the truth).

<theory>

7Zark7
7zark7, thanks for this. I couldn't understand why Craig would go through this pain now rather than wait till after the first batch.

This now makes total sense as in essence, they had no choice if they wanted to receive the monies. The bank probably has a blanket decision from top down to reduce any potential exposure and not interested in understanding the underlying business.

Craig's frustration must have been immense. I previously assumed it was a case of the bank not being proactively helpful, but rather it was most likely that they were very proactively unhelpful.... And really we should be thankful that Barclays were willing to step into the recently vacated shoes.

Chips update that the manutacturing is going ahead regardless is also very encouraging.

Now just waiting for my payment to clear and then I will repay.

Withered Don said:
Got my re-order e-mail early on Tuesday. Emailed back saying I was going away soon and won't be near a PC but still wanted to keep my place in line until I got back and could pay up. Was told no problem, place still in line for whenever I get back, but was assured the refund would happen within 24 to 48 hours (leaving plenty of time to do it before I go away).

It's now friday and still no refund in my account.

I don't mind about delays and lack of info on Pandora itself, as that's the nature of the beast and indeed the project.

But please guys, don't screw around when it comes to peoples money. You seriously need to be on the ball and keeping people up to date. And that's not just on the forum, that's in blogs and in regular e-mails.
As I recall from the times I've had bank refunds done, while it typically takes 2 or 3 days, it can take up to X days before the funds HAVE to be released, where X is a number surprisingly greater than 3 (5 or 7 or 10, I can't remember exactly). This is a security feature to minimize scams.

Pleng said:
Well, I don't want to split hairs or anything here but following that logic it means there is no such thing as a debit card transaction over the internet. I'll leave both yourself and Chip to decide how dumb that sounds.

It not only sounds dumb, it is dumb.

It is also completely true. Except for some obscure cases, there is no such thing as a debit card transaction over the web. Debit cards are supported as a sort of hack on top of the existing credit card system.

Why have the banks hacked the credit card system instead of coming up with something newer and more flexible? Good question. But, I suspect that if you're a bank it pays to be conservative with this sort of thing.
(Note : Some of us still remember debit cards that didn't connect to the credit card system. They were only usable at ATM machines.)
(Note2 : The reverse is also true! Many credit cards are usable through the debit-card system! I can put my credit card into an ATM machine and make a withdrawal on money I don't have! Visa would charge me about a gazillion percent interest for this sort of transaction, so I've never actually tried it.)

Pleng said:
God Ginrai said:
Chip that may be true for the States but its definitely not true for the UK. Under UK legislation you will NEVER be asked to enter your PIN number unless you are physically present.

I paid with Maestro. It's a UK debit card, and no PIN was requested.

Therefore, like Chip said, it is a credit card transaction

-God Ginrai

Well, I don't want to split hairs or anything here but following that logic it means there is no such thing as a debit card transaction over the internet. I'll leave both yourself and Chip to decide how dumb that sounds.

Offline debit cards have the logos of major credit cards (e.g. Visa or MasterCard) or major debit cards (e.g. Maestro in the United Kingdom and other countries, but not the United States) and are used at the point of sale like a credit card. This type of debit card may be subject to a daily limit, and/or a maximum limit equal to the current/checking account balance from which it draws funds. Transactions conducted with offline debit cards require 2-3 days to be reflected on users’ account balances.

Seeing how it isn't taken immediately out of your account, it is not a debit transaction, but a credit transaction.

Online debit cards require electronic authorization of every transaction and the debits are reflected in the user’s account immediately. The transaction may be additionally secured with the personal identification number (PIN) authentication system and some online cards require such authentication for every transaction, essentially becoming enhanced automatic teller machine (ATM) cards.

Hrm... Looks like a pin CAN be entered, so debit transactions [bdo[/b] exist on the interwebs.

EDIT: Looks like the name= in the quote tags doesn't work unless I put something in the other fields in the tag. I tried to get it to say: Wikipedia, bitch. But it didn't work. :(

-God Ginrai

Cheers for the info guys re: bank timings etc. I do realise banks are a pain in the arse. I once got told by Natwest that I couldn't write a cheque to someone for £10,000 as no bank would ever accept it. Go figure.

ANYWAY, the point of my previous post was that I was told by Gbax that 'Your refund should be in your account within 24/48 hrs'. Obviously this hasn't happened. I wasn't having a go at gbax, I wasn't giving Craig and everyone abuse. What I was trying to say is they need to be careful. People are obviously a little nervous with the money situation, so telling people your refund should be with you in 24/48 hours and then that not happening could cause them problems.

For the record (not that I should be needing to justify a perfectly reasonable post), I have every faith in Craig and the boys that the Pandora will be awesome and that is isn't a scam etc as people have been fretting about. I'm just concerned that while a project like this can get along on everyones good faith and understanding regarding hardware delays. The team (and I'm certain they realise this) need to be very careful how they deal with money issues. They may be crazy busy, but they still need to keep a serious spare pair of eyes on this and keep people closely updated.

TaG said:
Prometheus said:
Mine arrived when yours did, TaG. :p

Anyway, I'd rather not start a new thread on an issue that's basically related to this, but is it quite alright if I ask if anyone who has responded to the e-mail they received has gotten a reply back yet with further instructions, or not? (I'm going to guess not, and that we've got to wait on that; I wouldn't normally ask, but I feel it's sensible enough to make sure, just in case my response has gotten lost along the way, or something. :p)
I replied to the email and I have not had a response yet. I have assumed they are busy and left it at that. The refund hasn't arrived yet, which is perfectly normal, I suspect it will take anoher working day or two. When I have the refund I drop them another mail. For the confused and suspicious, there is nothing wrong with this.

Thanks much - that's what I was expecting to hear. :) (I've also assumed that they're snowed under sending out all of this stuff, as well.)

still no e-mail yet or refund ?and him in the uk must be the last in the line i no him 37XX

Seeing how it isn't taken immediately out of your account, it is not a debit transaction, but a credit transaction.

Right. If this is the case then there's a big difference in saying it's a debit or credit transaction, or it's a debit card or credit card transaction.

I'd still like to see evidence of internet sites requesting PIN numbers. Under UK legislation it is illegal to do so.

Vorporeal said:
What you guys need to realize is that they're not going to send you the email until the refund is done ON THEIR END. It takes time for it to move through the tubes and go through processing and end up in your account. The fact that you don't have it doesn't mean that they didn't send out your refund. I'm sure that they wouldn't send you an email unless they already set up the refund on their end.
This should be interesting for me, considering the credit card I ordered on has since been canceled because of fraudulent charges. Since I can't simply be refunded on that account, I wonder what will happen instead?

naples39 said:
Vorporeal said:
What you guys need to realize is that they're not going to send you the email until the refund is done ON THEIR END. It takes time for it to move through the tubes and go through processing and end up in your account. The fact that you don't have it doesn't mean that they didn't send out your refund. I'm sure that they wouldn't send you an email unless they already set up the refund on their end.
This should be interesting for me, considering the credit card I ordered on has since been canceled because of fraudulent charges. Since I can't simply be refunded on that account, I wonder what will happen instead?

Yeah -

I am in the same boat....I had fradulent charges earlier this week and was forced to cancel my card as well....Waiting to see if I get the mail, but keep us informed if you get word first (I will do the same)

authoreyes said:
naples39 said:
Vorporeal said:
This should be interesting for me, considering the credit card I ordered on has since been canceled because of fraudulent charges. Since I can't simply be refunded on that account, I wonder what will happen instead?Yeah -

I am in the same boat....I had fradulent charges earlier this week and was forced to cancel my card as well....Waiting to see if I get the mail, but keep us informed if you get word first (I will do the same)@ Naples & authoreyes: Would it not be worth contacting your bank and see what would happen if a credit was made? You don't want funds floating in th ether. If they say it is a problem then phone the store you ordered from, if it's not a problem then no worries.

The email says you can either pay by bank transfer or by credit/debit card. They provide the details for how to do the bank transfer but not for credit/debit card. Does anyone have these? A bit surprising that they weren't included considering it's an option for re-ordering.

Sorry to ask but my mailserver just came back, any NA customers get an email yet? I'm back to lurking again after this; I think

Back