Re-order Emails Going Out Now

Any aussies received an email yet? I'm still confused as to who will be receiving emails and who won't be. If you ordered by credit card from gbax.com, what's the likelihood that you will have to re-order? For me that would really suck, the A$ has taken a big dive recently. Oh well :D

Is EVERYBODY getting an E-Mail? Even the U.S.A. people? Do I have to worry about this?

Downsider002 said:
Is EVERYBODY getting an E-Mail? Even the U.S.A. people? Do I have to worry about this?
If you paid by credit, debit, or some other type of real or virtual plastic, basically anything other than a bank transfer or money order, yes you might get an e-mail. Apparently it's not all people who paid with a credit-card and there is no discernible pattern to who has to re-order. This is a lot of work by the Pandora team that has to be done manually, and IIRC North America is last in sorting out the reorder mess (don't worry, your place in the queue to receive your Pandora will still be based on the time of your original preorder). AFAIK nobody in North America has received a reorder mail yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
TaG said:
ngchol said:
Now, if Chip/Craig can be open about the situation I'll happily reorder with a credit card. If another variant of "Everything's fine" is produced, I'll keep my money.
So if they tell you it's fine you won't re-order, but they are "open", which I take it you mean give us the bad news you believe they are so obviously hiding from us, then you would be happy to re-order?

Seriously, I don't know what you expect. There are also times when you cannot disclose everything. Normally you would just get an email like "Sorry, there's been a problem with your payment. If you still want the product do <this> or you can have a refund. Have a nice day." The email seems pretty straight forward. What can they possibly say?
Indeed. Whilst we're out speculating, here's my speculation: The Bank is being difficult. Craig wants the money moved somewhere else (another bank). Craig either has as a part of his agreement with The Bank that he cannot talk publicly about the nature and reasons of their business transactions, or he Really Doesn't want to risk anybody at The Bank to cause any more trouble, so he shuts up until the whole thing is sorted. So he shuts up.

Seems perfectly reasonable to me.

quartercast said:
For me that would really suck, the A$ has taken a big dive recently. Oh well :D
The exchange rate doesn't matter. They will refund X amount in USD (or GBP) and require the same amount to reorder, so the current exchange rate will determine how many AU$ you get, *not* what you originally paid. If you reorder reasonably quickly, you should only suffer some transaction fees.

quartercast said:
Any aussies received an email yet? I'm still confused as to who will be receiving emails and who won't be. If you ordered by credit card from gbax.com, what's the likelihood that you will have to re-order? For me that would really suck, the A$ has taken a big dive recently. Oh well :D
I'm an Aussie who ordered via GBAX (Visa card) - and I haven't got an email, so I presume she's apples.

Nevertheless, to avoid concerns, might be a good idea for GBAX to send out an email to all those confirmed to be OK to put minds at rest.

Cheers
Simon

centrlink said:
I'm an Aussie who ordered via GBAX (Visa card) - and I haven't got an email, so I presume she's apples.

Nevertheless, to avoid concerns, might be a good idea for GBAX to send out an email to all those confirmed to be OK to put minds at rest.

Cheers
Simon
It has been mentioned it will take at least a week for everyone to get their emails, first UK then Europe and then U.S, no mention of when the rest of the world gets the email but I assume we are last on the list after the U.S.

well still not had mine but i no it will be here as rang the shop if you are in the uk you stll may just get that email

Kloplop321 said:
I sure hope there are still UK emails coming though, because I sure ain't got mine!
Why WOULD you want yours? For all you know, it may have gone through correctly and it may not be a hassle for you ;)

Well, we did get billed for it..

Wait, this could be awesome!

me too, i'm broke and don't want any money back (not too often that we get to say that).

I got my email this morning (Credit Card, UK).

Spoke to Jacky (excuse the shortening, did not know how to spell your name :) ) and truely this is causing them more hassle than us.

I will be paying by credit card, but have told them to add the charge back, only fair!

TDS48K

PS thankfully not been hit by the meteor either :)

TheDarkSpectrum48K said:
I got my email this morning (Credit Card, UK).

Spoke to Jacky (excuse the shortening, did not know how to spell your name :) ) and truely this is causing them more hassle than us.

I will be paying by credit card, but have told them to add the charge back, only fair!

TDS48K

PS thankfully not been hit by the meteor either :)

I don't remember the site where I ordered.. but the confirmation mail was from Protx. I didn't buy on openpandora main site for sure (was stuck!) but I cannot remember for sure if it was gbax (almost for sure :\ )

I'm hoping my e-mail didn't get chewed up in the Spam folder. My reassurance (that's a word!) is that I'll see a refund in my credit card account regardless of Spam filters. :p

Now reading about the possible delay with the LCD stuff and all, which looks like its going to get the Pandora device well into 2009 for most of us, and with some interesting devices coming before Christmas (Wibrain I1, M528 or XP drivers for the Aigo P8860 mostly), I think I'm going to be tempted to cancel my order completely and go for some of the new stuff, and wait for the 2nd batch after all if my order is affected, thus without the risk of first gen problems and more consistent emus / programs / os for the 2nd batch.
I'm too much of a tech junkie and want shinny new devices under my Christmas tree sorry :p

oblivioner said:
Now reading about the possible delay with the LCD stuff and all, which looks like its going to get the Pandora device well into 2009 for most of us, and with some interesting devices coming before Christmas (Wibrain I1, M528 or XP drivers for the Aigo P8860 mostly), I think I'm going to be tempted to cancel my order completely and go for some of the new stuff, and wait for the 2nd batch after all if my order is affected, thus without the risk of first gen problems and more consistent emus / programs / os for the 2nd batch.
I'm too much of a tech junkie and want shinny new devices under my Christmas tree sorry :p
Hehehhee! Buy your Christmas gadgets this year and then re-submit your Pandora order at the beginning of next year. At worse they'll just refuse your order and you'll have to wait for the 2nd batch. Nothing to lose.

Back