Re-order Emails Going Out Now

DisgruntleElf said:
oblivioner said:
Now reading about the possible delay with the LCD stuff and all, which looks like its going to get the Pandora device well into 2009 for most of us, and with some interesting devices coming before Christmas (Wibrain I1, M528 or XP drivers for the Aigo P8860 mostly), I think I'm going to be tempted to cancel my order completely and go for some of the new stuff, and wait for the 2nd batch after all if my order is affected, thus without the risk of first gen problems and more consistent emus / programs / os for the 2nd batch.
I'm too much of a tech junkie and want shinny new devices under my Christmas tree sorry :p
Hehehhee! Buy your Christmas gadgets this year and then re-submit your Pandora order at the beginning of next year. At worse they'll just refuse your order and you'll have to wait for the 2nd batch. Nothing to lose.

hmmm nice, I like the idea :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Any NA emails received yet? My mailserver is hosed atm and hope it is resolved by tomorrow. Wondering if I should contact the shop with an alt address for the time being.....grrrr (my mailserver)

edited for poor grammar

undefined said:
Any NA emails received yet? My mailserver is hosed atm and hope it is resolved by tomorrow. Wondering if I should contact the shop with an alt address for the time being.....grrrr (my mailserver)

Based on the order of UK, Europe, America you should be ok for a day or two based on postings so far...

Stuckie said:
I'm in Scotland/UK and I got mine earlier, so I'm guessing they're still sending out the UK ones.

Can only imagine the nightmare they must be going through at the moment, trying to sort all these things out :\
I agree. They ask people what they want to do, so they will have loads of emails coming in, plus emails and calls from people saying "what about me...". Mine arrived Tuesday morning so it would appear that they have spent three days so far sorting UK orders. As you say - nightmare.

Mine arrived when yours did, TaG. :p

Anyway, I'd rather not start a new thread on an issue that's basically related to this, but is it quite alright if I ask if anyone who has responded to the e-mail they received has gotten a reply back yet with further instructions, or not? (I'm going to guess not, and that we've got to wait on that; I wouldn't normally ask, but I feel it's sensible enough to make sure, just in case my response has gotten lost along the way, or something. :p)

Are there an inordinate amount of Pandora fanatics in the UK? o_O Because if they're still working on getting the emails out for the UK, I think Chip's statement that it would take about a week was probably a tad optimistic.

God Ginrai said:
Chip that may be true for the States but its definitely not true for the UK. Under UK legislation you will NEVER be asked to enter your PIN number unless you are physically present.

I paid with Maestro. It's a UK debit card, and no PIN was requested.

Therefore, like Chip said, it is a credit card transaction

-God Ginrai

Well, I don't want to split hairs or anything here but following that logic it means there is no such thing as a debit card transaction over the internet. I'll leave both yourself and Chip to decide how dumb that sounds.

Anyway, I got my re-order email so can confirm that Maestro debit cards are affected. I don't know who was on what when they dreamed up the wording of the re-order mail but had I received it without reading the forms I'd have considered it a scam. It is indeed essentially worded to say 'in order to accept the upgraded specs we need to refund your order then request the money back. Also please pay by bank transfer this time [so you'll get no guarantee of being able to reclaim your money in the event of fraud]'. Honestly I've had emails from Nigeria that sound less suspect than that! Luckily for me, I realize it's just a continuation of the Pandora team p*ss poor communication skills. I'll certainly be paying with a credit card this time, though... I'll feel a lot safer!

'in order to accept the upgraded specs we need to refund your order then request the money...'

Oh no, I haven't received my email yet, and would like the upgraded spec :-(

How do we know if we are one of the lucky ones?

Prometheus said:
Mine arrived when yours did, TaG. :p

Anyway, I'd rather not start a new thread on an issue that's basically related to this, but is it quite alright if I ask if anyone who has responded to the e-mail they received has gotten a reply back yet with further instructions, or not? (I'm going to guess not, and that we've got to wait on that; I wouldn't normally ask, but I feel it's sensible enough to make sure, just in case my response has gotten lost along the way, or something. :p)
I replied to the email and I have not had a response yet. I have assumed they are busy and left it at that. The refund hasn't arrived yet, which is perfectly normal, I suspect it will take anoher working day or two. When I have the refund I drop them another mail. For the confused and suspicious, there is nothing wrong with this.

piercer said:
'in order to accept the upgraded specs we need to refund your order then request the money...'
Oh no, I haven't received my email yet, and would like the upgraded spec :-(

How do we know if we are one of the lucky ones?Everybody will get the upgraded spec - not everybody will be refunded and have to re-order.

All Pandoras wil be 256mb ram and 512mb nand - they are not doing two versions.

If you don't get an email that is fine and means you won't have to re-order.
If you do get an email there is still no need to panic - just wait for the refund to get to your bank and re-order.

So relax and go play a few games in the meantime. :)

Got my re-order e-mail early on Tuesday. Emailed back saying I was going away soon and won't be near a PC but still wanted to keep my place in line until I got back and could pay up. Was told no problem, place still in line for whenever I get back, but was assured the refund would happen within 24 to 48 hours (leaving plenty of time to do it before I go away).

It's now friday and still no refund in my account.

I don't mind about delays and lack of info on Pandora itself, as that's the nature of the beast and indeed the project.

But please guys, don't screw around when it comes to peoples money. You seriously need to be on the ball and keeping people up to date. And that's not just on the forum, that's in blogs and in regular e-mails.

Withered Don said:
Got my re-order e-mail early on Tuesday. Emailed back saying I was going away soon and won't be near a PC but still wanted to keep my place in line until I got back and could pay up. Was told no problem, place still in line for whenever I get back, but was assured the refund would happen within 24 to 48 hours (leaving plenty of time to do it before I go away).

I don't mind about delays and lack of info on Pandora itself, as that's the nature of the beast and indeed the project.

But please guys, don't screw around when it comes to peoples money. You seriously need to be on the ball and keeping people up to date. And that's not just on the forum, that's in blogs and in regular e-mails.
So now Craig's team, who don't have enough on their hands, needs to take responsibility for your bank processing the refund ... while you are about it Craig my bacon sandwich is cold, please heat it up for me ... unbelievable! And people wonder why they get sarcasm

You mention they must update you by email - THEY DID. Basically if you don't like the process, get the refund and move on ...

What you guys need to realize is that they're not going to send you the email until the refund is done ON THEIR END. It takes time for it to move through the tubes and go through processing and end up in your account. The fact that you don't have it doesn't mean that they didn't send out your refund. I'm sure that they wouldn't send you an email unless they already set up the refund on their end.

TheDarkSpectrum48K said:
Withered Don said:

So now Craig's team, who don't have enough on their hands, needs to take responsibility for your bank processing the refund ... while you are about it Craig my bacon sandwich is cold, please heat it up for me ... unbelievable! And people wonder why they get sarcasm

You mention they must update you by email - THEY DID. Basically if you don't like the process, get the refund and move on ...

Just stop it! :angry:
Stop hunting through the forum, searching for threads to add rude replies.
It's been asked it's been answered. Take a vacation or something!
(You don't need to reply to this, I'm out of this discussion and won't reply)
bye

(*Previous reply removed*)

Hey Mali, you are right we should, as a forum, continue to undermine Craig and his team (Trevor, sorry sarcasm I know!)... but I will have not part of it ...

Craig (and team) my full respects, my sympathy on the abuse you take, but mali is right Im am a touch to direct .. please do not let the negative slurs, and downright accusations you get constantly by idiots get you down... know that a lot of people support you !!

TDS48K out ... for good,

I work in the banking industry and have spent time working on card processing and fraud systems, I also pre-ordered and as of yet have not recieved an email from GBAX.

Here is my theory as to what has happened here, it is just a theory (but reading between the lines, probably not far from the truth).
Banks monitor card transactions using a system which looks at a number of elements including the client (you), the payee (gbax), the amount and most importantly the volume of transactions that the merchant usually processes.

Because the bank is liable for chargebacks any signigifant change in the profile of GBAX's merchant account (huge increase in volume of transactions) will have prompted a further investigation. When the bank looked a little deeper into what is happening they were not happy with their level of protection from chargebacks.

They would fail to understand this kind of project and they would have decided that on paper at least they would have 0 to little change of recovering £500k from Gbax if it all went tits up , so they pulled the rug.

All the card transactions that did not get posted to the GBAX account were probably still in limbo land and on hold, or frozen within the account. Therefore the only option is probably a refund back to the original payee and then to re-order through another bank or direct bank transfer which avoids this problem... (or does it !).. There are other systems which look at the amounts being credited to accounts over periods of time and they could fall foul of that as well (anti money laundering systems etc).

The bank would have probably put a condition on the funds that they cannot be released until GBAX can prove the items have been delivered , since the money was being used to fund manufacturing then this could never happen. Also the bank would have probably refused to advance the money for manufacturing as again its yet more risk, which is what it was trying to avoid in the first place.

Therefore in my head it is likely the lack of funds that is also slowing up key components like the LCD, depsite what gbax are saying. They have probably paid for the amount they have recieved with the funds that have managed to clear (this is just my theory so dont shoot me).

They key thing here is not to panic. We all comitted our money because we had faith in Craig & Co. He has done nothing in the few years I have lurked around here to cause me to distrust him or his business practices. I pre-ordered the tapware zodiac , and when they could not provide it on time they refunded my money within minutes. (boy did i dodge a bullet)

I also ordered the GP2X...

A project like this is complex and stuff bites you in the arse all the time , we have to understand that as early adopters we are providing funding for the manufacturing, moral support for the project and that delays and unforseen incidents are part of the process.

The only slight gripe I have is that I think Gbax need to be a bit more open and direct with the issues they face and not worry about the community reaction. Most people here are level headed and can cope with the complexities of the situation. I agree with other posters that a 5 minute update of the blog every other day just to update everybody on the situation should be almost mandatory. I believe this would inspire faith in people and would make sure that most people reorder instead of ducking out through lack of confidence.

Oh and refunds can take between 3-5 working days from when they are processed by the bank. So you need to leave 5 working days from the date of the refund.

7Zark7

TheDarkSpectrum48K said:
(*Previous reply removed*)

Hey Mali, you are right we should, as a forum, continue to undermine Craig and his team (Trevor, sorry sarcasm I know!)... but I will have not part of it ...

Craig (and team) my full respects, my sympathy on the abuse you take, but mali is right Im am a touch to direct .. please do not let the negative slurs, and downright accusations you get constantly by idiots get you down... know that a lot of people support you !!

TDS48K out ... for good,
What a big brave keyboard warrior you are!

Back