Rainy Day - Game Project

Someday...when the rains of the world pour down in harmonious melacholy(what?) rainy day shall fall at the feet of pandorae.

And on that day...(Well you get the picture)

This might be bad news for most of you but I don't think I will ever finish Rainy Day... :(

I've just been busy with so many other things. I mainly do HTML5 and Unity3D stuff now...

Here's a link to a ZIP file containing the source code and all resources of the game, feel free to do your own thing with it :)

http://siegfriedcroes.com/RainyDay.zip

I cant find the pnd of rainy day on the repo. Its there i know but it doesent show up in searches at all oddly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really surprising indeed, but nevertheless you are honestly and say, that the project is dead and it is open to everyone to complete since the code is released.

Good thing is, the Source is there so nothing is lost. :) Would be much worse if it was closed source. ^^
tbh this project stands out because of the art side. i dont think there's much magic in the code as of yet that couldn't be rewritten (not meant as a sidekick, didnt look at the code yet :))

but still, i'm also a bit sad that this project is dead. i was always waiting to play it cause i really love platformer games. and whenever there is some time, i'm going to write my own. or so ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I almost regret giving D_S a nudge... :( But seems he and Archi are just too busy these days, a bit like myself.

I would say I'd pick this up since it is based on Penjin - but I wouldn't be able to do the art and I really don't have the time. Sad days indeed.

Good thing is, the Source is there so nothing is lost. :) Would be much worse if it was closed source. ^^
tbh this project stands out because of the art side. i dont think there's much magic in the code as of yet that couldn't be rewritten (not meant as a sidekick, didnt look at the code yet :))

but still, i'm also a bit sad that this project is dead. i was always waiting to play it cause i really love platformer games. and whenever there is some time, i'm going to write my own. or so ;)
There is indeed nothing special about the code :) Actually I would recommend anyone that wants to continue this project to rewrite it! I started programming this when I was still at school, I've learned so much since then and half of the code is old and could really use some optimising!

Back