Quick video of the case

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Well, as the first 3D Print of the case has arrived, I made a quick video to show it to you guys :)

https://www.youtube.com/embed/kyaL92B5tfM?feature=oembed
A few notes about that:

• It's a VERY first version of the case, mainly for checking that it fits with the major components as well to be able to test the exact space available for the CPU PCB.
  • Missing features include the logo, the shoulderbuttons, the rounded edges, an improved hinge, proper speaker inclusion, etc.
It already shows how it will be assembled and some advantages we'll have here.
Enjoy :)

If i choose a mode without the 3g will i be able to upgrade for it later? Also if i choose one without 3g will it have the sim card slot? And also why does the cpu have to be in a separate board? Will it be upgradeable?

Thanks

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

I saw this on your twitter. ED, how did you get your twitter profile layout like that?

Really?

Also, can anyone get me some screenshots from the parts of this video where you can see the circuit board and the case head on? I don't have the software to do it here at work. Preferably at the points where EvilDragon's thumbs are not covering it. Also, if you can get me a PCB shot both with and without the nub plastic added, I would greatly appreciate it.

EDIT: At the highest resolution please, if possible. :)

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice
static.gif

Nice.

lol
Also, can anyone get me some screenshots from the parts of this video where you can see the circuit board and the case head on? I don't have the software to do it here at work. Preferably at the points where EvilDragon's thumbs are not covering it. Also, if you can get me a PCB shot both with and without the nub plastic added, I would greatly appreciate it.

EDIT: At the highest resolution the please, if possible. :)

-God Ginrai
That's asking a lot. :p

EDIT: At the highest resolution the please, if possible. :)

-God Ginrai
That's asking a lot. :p
And I'll be really thankful to anyone who does it for me. :)

-God Ginrai

My wife would question me why should she give me more money to buy another Pandora... :)

Really!

In the video, the size of the keys look bigger than in the 3D model. Is it possible to see a side by side comparison with te pandora?

Looks great, man what a difference with those chinese pandora samples from years ago, the Pyra is going to nail it.

Really!In the video, the size of the keys look bigger than in the 3D model. Is it possible to see a side by side comparison with te pandora?
that would end some debates I feel.

Sent from my Z665C using Tapatalk

that would end some debates I feel.
I hope so. In the diagrams the holes for the keys look small indeed, but now in the video I got the feeling that they are at least the same size as the Pandora's.

Anyhow, probably there will be debate for any other reason/part until release.

Cool !! so many usb ports, I will not need an hub anymore !! and also 6 game buttons !! This will be so epic !! :)

After rewatching the video I noticed something I was not aware of before: if you don't like the nub design, you can design your own and have it printed. Awesome!

This looks awesome ED! Great work on fitting all 6 face buttons.

The Pandora was great but this looks even better but keeping the good looks from the Pandora. Great job!

Also development is happening quite fast, so looks like this will be finished faster than its older brother.

Back