Release Quake2 With Nub Control

For some reason, I'm always surprised when people on the boards mention their children - for some reason I always felt that Pickle was some teenage/early 20s computer whiz who ported all these programs in his parents' basement. Maybe I only feel that way because I'm 18 and a CS concentrator in college...
i sometimes have that feeling as well.
But thats mainly because i dont see my parents playing games and programming old games and apps to other devices the whole day.

its just that i cant imagine a guy over 30 years old playing games.
(not saying that you are 30 years +"]

Pickle got his own hobby's, just like anyone else.
And i like his hobby's^^.[/quote]Just wait sonny your day is comin! [shake's cane in borgqueenx direction]

Last edited by a moderator:
For some reason, I'm always surprised when people on the boards mention their children - for some reason I always felt that Pickle was some teenage/early 20s computer whiz who ported all these programs in his parents' basement. Maybe I only feel that way because I'm 18 and a CS concentrator in college...
i sometimes have that feeling as well.
But thats mainly because i dont see my parents playing games and programming old games and apps to other devices the whole day.
its just that i cant imagine a guy over 30 years old playing games.
(not saying that you are 30 years +"]

Pickle got his own hobby's, just like anyone else.
And i like his hobby's^^.[/quote]Just wait sonny your day is comin! [shake's cane in borgqueenx direction]

google translate says a "cane" is a plant that they use to make sugar???
sorry im not a hero in english.

Last edited by a moderator:
A cane is a fancy walking stick. Useful for when old people have trouble getting around. Also makes a good weapon for beating young people when they get chatty. :p

He means like a walking stick. And I agree with Vorporeal, aren't we all just in our 20s in our parents' basements?? :)

EDIT: Dang, missed it by that much!

I'm 27 and I play Quake, Counter-Strike1.6 etc. It's much more common that "elders" play games then let's say 10 years ago because we grew up with all this. In 10 more years no one will care if you are 40+ and playing games.

I look at some games as interactive movies. And I never heard anyone think watching movies when you are old is weird.

Imagine all the old folks homes full with computers, all the oldies fragging teh n00bs. I see a niche market for adjusted controls for the elderly.

No more boring old days waiting for the grandchilderen to come :D

28, with a daughter, playing my DS in the train and EQ at home...
nothing is impossible (through going to a lan party to play CS is not for me anymore... I tested it 2years ago and it felt different than in my young years, but was still rocking the young n00bs)

Back