Release Quake2 With Nub Control

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_2Hrw1vmkY

Enjoy

(Done waiting for the thread I made in the news section)

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like the nubs are working pretty well and the bugs have been ironed out. BTW, love the black d-pad!

The buttons sound... crunchy (and not in the rice crispie kind of way, the "you're breaking your moron's bone" kinda way)

Thanks Pickle. First time in about 2 weeks that something interesting has happened. Btw is it possible to play mouse and keyboard with the tiny keyboard. Also I thought Craigix was going to make a few videos. For the past week I have been looking on the forums for something interesting. Oh well, at least i'm satisfied now and can go do something else for a while lol.

Excellent Pickle,

I think that has quashed a lot of peoples nub thirst.....

Thank you again

Raz posted on May 31 2009 at 12:37 PM said:
The buttons sound... crunchy (and not in the rice crispie kind of way, the "you're breaking your moron's bone" kinda way)
I think that was the case making the creaking sound - you can see that not all the screws are in. The buttons (and d-pad) seem to have a very nice click.

I have to say to me the nubs are fantastic now. I would have liked them to be a bit better a zero position, but its easy to overcome in sw. Ive actually never really played with analog nubs. Im a PC guy so i use a mouse, but it didnt take long to get a feel for it.
The click sounds are the shoulders buttons. Im using the left to shoot.
The dpad and abxy are very old, I think the first versions made. They do the job. Beat a rubber mat any day :)

The mat is very nice too, I think everyone will like it. You can really thumb type away on it. All of the buttons are firm. Very good choice to use the hard coating.

Fantastic, Pickle. It sounds like the Pandora is on track for doing everything right... That looks so smooth to play.

Very nice! Glad to see those nubs working so smoothly! And that keyboard looks beautiful down there, waiting to be fingered! :p

Thanks Pickle! It's a good substitute for the video that Craig is keeping us waiting for. ;)

So I gather that some developers have been getting updated parts and such, then?

Pickle posted on May 31 2009 at 03:52 AM said:
Im a PC guy so i use a mouse, but it didnt take long to get a feel for it.
I'm sure my days of Q3A on the Dreamcast with the dinner-plate controller will come flooding back to me, but if not I presume a bluetooth mouse will work an absolute treat with the Pandora? I know a dongle-based wireless mouse will be fine, but I have a habit of breaking them.

Thanks for the video, anyway, I have to keep reminding myself that the Quake 2 engine was evolved for Half-Life and that Quake 2 actually looked pretty good. If only Valve would gift us with the Half-Life source and we could bring it, and all its classic mods - DoD, Opera, Natural Selection, TF, Sven Co-op - to the open source community.

It's kind of remind me of a Dreamcast Quake 1 coz in dremcast controller you move by pressing ABXY (strafe) and look with analog noob, also shot-R, jump-L.

The mat is very nice too, I think everyone will like it. You can really thumb type away on it. All of the buttons are firm. Very good choice to use the hard coating.
Oh god, now I can't wait EVEN MORE. Thank you oh so much. It really is shaping up to be a dream device, unlike certain budget consoles.

(Psst, I am talking about the wiz)

Back