Release Yamagi Quake2

I tried to run it at my 1Ghz with 1.51 but ist doen't start:

Code:
=======================================================================================

PND			 : /media/PANDORA1/pandora/menu/ports/YamagiQuake2.pnd

PND_FSTYPE	  : Squashfs

APPDATADIR	  : /media/PANDORA1/pandora/appdata/quake2

APPDD_FSTYPE    : vfat

PND_CPUSPEED    : <unset>

EXENAME		 : run_baseq2.sh

ARGUMENTS	   : <unset>

=======================================================================================

[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------

Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/quake2"

Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/PANDORA1/pandora/appdata/quake2=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/quake2=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/quake2"

[SUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Starting the application (run_baseq2.sh ) ----------

cp: cannot create regular file `./baseq2/LICENSE': Operation not permitted

cp: cannot create regular file `./baseq2/README': Operation not permitted

cp: cannot create regular file `./ctf/LICENSE': Operation not permitted

cp: cannot create regular file `./ctf/README': Operation not permitted

cp: cannot create regular file `./rogue/LICENSE': Operation not permitted

cp: cannot create regular file `./rogue/README': Operation not permitted

cp: cannot create regular file `./xatrix/LICENSE': Operation not permitted

cp: cannot create regular file `./xatrix/README': Operation not permitted

cp: cannot create regular file `././baseq2/LICENSE': Operation not permitted

cp: cannot create regular file `././baseq2/README': Operation not permitted

cp: cannot create regular file `././ctf/LICENSE': Operation not permitted

cp: cannot create regular file `././ctf/README': Operation not permitted

cp: cannot create regular file `././rogue/LICENSE': Operation not permitted

cp: cannot create regular file `././rogue/README': Operation not permitted

cp: cannot create regular file `././xatrix/LICENSE': Operation not permitted

cp: cannot create regular file `././xatrix/README': Operation not permitted

cp: `default/..' and `.' are the same file

Error: Couldn't load pics/colormap.pcx

Yamagi Quake II v4.03

=====================

Using '/mnt/utmp/quake2/.yq2/baseq2' for writing.

couldn't exec default.cfg

couldn't exec yq2.cfg

execing config.cfg

Console initialized.

------- sound initialization -------

Starting SDL audio callback.

SDL audio driver is "alsa".

SDL audio initialized.

sound sampling rate: 22050

Starting Ogg Vorbis.

Ogg Vorbis not initializing.

------------------------------------

----- refresher initialization -----

LoadLibrary("./ref_gl.so")

Input initialized.

Refresh: Yamagi Quake II OpenGL Refresher

Closing SDL audio device...

SDL audio device shut down.

recursive shutdown

[ FAILED]--- Starting the application (run_baseq2.sh ) ----------

[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------

[SUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------

[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

auplink:plink.c:223: AUFS_CTL_PLINK_MAINT: Inappropriate ioctl for device

rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/quake2': Device or resource busy

[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

cleanup done

[SUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------

Return code is : 3

you may have an issue with your appdata folder, if it exists and all those folders are there then something is wrong with your gamedata paks. Either they dont exist or they are wrong.

Thanks for the hint, I put the *.pak files in the root appdata folder. Now it works.

Hey, clearly this in't working. I'm now using the IOquake2.pnd from the pandora app store (not the repo). I'm not experiencing any slowdowns, however the analogs nubs, the d-pad and the abxy buttons dont work. Can we try to get the controls on this one working because this pnd may be the better option?

Hey, clearly this in't working. I'm now using the IOquake2.pnd from the pandora app store (not the repo). I'm not experiencing any slowdowns, however the analogs nubs, the d-pad and the abxy buttons dont work. Can we try to get the controls on this one working because this pnd may be the better option?

Put the Nubs into Joystick mode prior to launching the game and that should resolve the issue.. I think it's a conflict in older vs newer SDL versions.. but that should make the buttons / analogs work fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Put the Nubs into Joystick mode prior to launching the game and that should resolve the issue.. I think it's a conflict in older vs newer SDL versions.. but that should make the buttons / analogs work fine.

it automatically does so but still doesn't work

Hmm that trick generally fixes Hexen II, which has the same problem with the newer Firmware releases.. Maybe because that script that auto-enables joystick is interfering.. just a wild guess...

do you know how to stop it from automatically switching them to joystick mode?

It's most likely a part of the start-up script embeded in the PND.. you could manually mount the PND and just run the executable..

Once I get home to my Pandora I can try it and share the commands I used... or at least see if I'm having the same issue.. haven't tried ioQuake 2 since Super Zaxxon was released.

i was able to change the nub settings by minimizing the game. it still didn't recognize the d-pad l,r and abxy buttons. :blink:

pickle, the yagami port crashes and requires battery removal. the only issue with the ioquake2 is the control recognition

pickle, the yagami port crashes and requires battery removal. the only issue with the ioquake2 is the control recognition

I will agree Yamagi port is too slow and unstable for my liking ( I use ioquake2). However, you do not need to pop the battery. I used to do that too when I first got my pandora, even broke my bettery cover removing too many times (maybe only half-dozen at that) then discovered holding pandora key would help with some lockups, but when all that fails, hold the pandora key and flip / slide the power switch.

Edit: Sorry pickle I just realized (and tried again Yamagi Quake 2) is fine for me. I confused the darkplaces pnd for original quake that is slow and seems to lock on me (or maybe just too slow for my old cc pandora.

The tip on pandora button with flip /slide power button still applies though.

Edit 2: I take it back! Yamagi Quake seems fine for the short time I've tested, but the other apps that come bundled seem to lock up on me! Going back to ioquake. To change controls try hitting F4 and reset the controls manually to your liking.

i hit f4 but i cant move down through the options since i doesnt recognize the d pad :(

sorry, I had the same issues and I had both quake version on. Maybe the other reset the config for me or something. I'm not sure not but it seems to work for me now. You could try removing your quake config files and see if that fixes. The only thing I left in there was baseq2 and it contained pak0 only. Then when I ran it again it worked.

Edit: Sorry mine broke again, and I deleted config as mentioned above and works fine. Also, I removed yamagi version altogether on mine.

Edit 2: Think I give up and will play my ps1 version, since ioquake just locked up on me (I think, seems I can still here water dripping in the area I was in). removing this one and maybe will give yamagi another chance, but propbably just go to ps1 version. Shame really, because ioquake looks amazing but that was the issue I remember from before. Seemingly randon lockups due to gl issues.

Final Edit: I am currently playing yamagi port. Quake only app is working fine, but what are the other apps that you have CTF, Rogue etc. as all these lock up in a sound loop as soon as it starts?

FYI Update, periodically the main app in this will also seem to lock up in a sound loop and only solution is to hit pandora button to kill, then go back in and load save.

Any idea what may cause this lock?

Trying to play Quake 2 , but what I can get from the thread is that in Ioquake2 the controls don't work right and in Yamagi Quake 2 crashes occur all the time.

Well, which one should I try and is there anything special to consider?

edit: Just tried yamagi quake2, got stuck with a sound loop and a freeze after about 2min of play. Ugh.

IOQuake 2 works just fine. All you have to do is set nubs to joysticks before launch. As far a I remember, for me it crashed only twice. Maybe it was because a lot of particles where on screen. Using software rendering allow me to pass these points. I played the game entirely using this port.

Back