Release Yamagi Quake2

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
The ioquake2 that i released a while back has never been too stable. I became aware of an more up to date quake 2 engine called yamagi quake2, Taking a look at the source code proved the point even more that this was a nice engine to try to port. So heres the current result.

This is a direct rewrite of the OpenGL code to be ES compatible. It has been very stable. There are some slowups like during explostions, maybe theres a better way to handle.

Get on the repo here

http://repo.openpand...p=quake2.pickle

Caanoo and Wiz Versions

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/63039-yamagi-quake2-opengl-es-caanoo-and-wiz/page__gopid__965705&#entry965705

Original Source

http://www.yamagi.org/quake2/

Converted Source

pickle.gp2x.de/source/yamagi_quake2_src.zip

Last edited by a moderator:
Crashed for me in the first few seconds of level 1 - just as I walked down the first ramp, shooting the first enemy :(

D.

Changed brightness, applied, then it crashed.

Maybe overclocking ?

---EDIT : the brightness is inverted.

Can someone tell me what I need to do with this (there isn't any documentation) I have the Quake 2 files, but where do I put them I've run the .pnd but it hasn't created any folders..?

Thanks.

Put the pak0 in pandora/appdata/quake2/baseq2/

Yq2 used the old config, i didn't touched it since one year ago, so i'm not sure it's all that's needed.

Put the pak0 in pandora/appdata/quake2/baseq2/

Yq2 used the old config, i didn't touched it since one year ago, so i'm not sure it's all that's needed.

Figured it out.. but thanks anyway, crashed/froze several times both default/overclocked & the controls are too unwieldy (at least for me) to be playable

Stay away from the video apply button, EGL and SDL are unforgiving, if not released in the right order or not released at all.

I dont think brightness slider does anything anyway since pandora couldnt support a X hw gamma function it was using.

Im very surprised on the reports of crashing during the game, I have not had any in game crashes except for messing with the video menu. Might worth mentioning what version of firmware and if you can grab the /tmp log file.

The appdata folder is quake2. The following folders should be added.

baseq2

rogue

xatrix

ctf

If you have the data for these put the *.pak's into the folders

Configuration is in the hidden folder quake2/.yq2

I had a crash occur like described, i think it may be neon flags, so i took them out and its worked fine since for me, so the package was updated. Those having lockups please try,

Im also up to any one reviewing the changes and helping track down this slowdown. I think it might be lightmap related.

I have terrible luck with Q2 on the pandora. This consistently hard locks my pandora seconds aftrer the iD intro with an ever repeating sound playing and a frozen screen requiring a hard reboot to recover from.

I'm running Hotfix 6, it happens overclocked or not and my baseq2 paks are from Steam.

I'm beginning to wonder if something is wrong with my Pandora as IOquake also locks it up too (though to be fair that doesn't do the stuttering sound ) :(

Brightness slider works. Move it to the left (not too much), don't apply, restart the game.

This version seems to work more reliably for me anyway, the only major slowdowns occur when there's large explosions on screen. Anyone know what speed I should overclock to for smoothest play?

(null)

Mybe a Sugestion to play this sort of game easea: Change the Nubmode so you can map the Moving on DPAD, and Look on the right Nub, fire on one of the shoulderbuttons..

I have this made for Duke Nukem 3D and its works way better..

I want to try the new Port tomorow,

Mybe a Sugestion to play this sort of game easea: Change the Nubmode so you can map the Moving on DPAD, and Look on the right Nub, fire on one of the shoulderbuttons..

I have this made for Duke Nukem 3D and its works way better..

I want to try the new Port tomorow,

the current setup is ideal for external mice though, I wouldn't want to lose it for that reson alone! :)

This version seems to work more reliably for me anyway, the only major slowdowns occur when there's large explosions on screen. Anyone know what speed I should overclock to for smoothest play?

(null)

overclock will not help as its a GPU bottleneck.

Im pretty sure this is caused by the multitexturing I had hardcoded it on, so I need to fix that so it can be turned off and see the result. My worry though is that this will remove all lightmaps not just the dynamic ones,

stouffa: changing which nub does the mouse look shouldnt effect external mice

Back