Release Yamagi Quake2

Redownloaded it from the repo site: same result

Installed it through PNDStore: success

Still crashes for me with a still picture and soundloop :(

Tried this out with my wireless mouse, definitely not the same hit in the frame rate as before, but still a very slight occasional performance hit but only for a split second!

(null)

Still crashes for me with a still picture and soundloop :(
ohwell..

I dont think this is the SGX at all but the mouse code in quake2 stalling the CPU. Move the nub around some more and it will resume as normal.

Overall I thought (and my experience so far) is that this new port is much more stable than the nanogl version.

Can you disable mouseinput completely in another build to make sure that the mousecode is the problem?

Can you disable mouseinput completely in another build to make sure that the mousecode is the problem?

This.

In my experience, I've "moved the nub around some more" for upwards of 5 minutes (!) with no joy - it's a hard lock.

D.

I put both nubs in joystickmode now and played since my last post without problems... Well except for not being able to use freelook properly what is pretty essential ;)

So maybe it is the mousecode but this is sad, as its the main advantage to have nubs on Pandora.

Last edited by a moderator:
I put both nubs in joystickmode now and played since my last post without problems... Well except for not being able to use freelook properly what is pretty essential ;)

So maybe it is the mousecode but this is sad, as its the main advantage to have nubs on Pandora.

Thanks for confirming that. Once i finish some other projects up i promise to take a look into the mouse code.

Maybe you can post your findings, if you find something. BrainParty also locks up occasionally while dragging stuff.

And if it is a problem with using ogles with mouseinput it would be good to know :)

First thing to try might be to comment out the custom cursor and display the systemcursor instead. That caused problems like touchscreen loosing sync in other programs, too iirc.

On a positive note: Hurricain didn't lock up at all during the first level and tutorial :)

Back