Release Qemu for Pandora (for rebirth competition)

Hi, I really appreciate to run Warcarft2 BNE edition and Dune2000 in Qemu/win95. However the videos are too slow, overclocking my Ghz pandora didn't help.

I think the CD-ROM emulation is too slow, am I right ? Do you have any tips ?

EDIT: It seems I found a way to play without CD on Dune2000, I'll try that and write result here

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think CD-ROM speed can possible be slower than the 2x/4x CD-ROMS we had back when those games came out in fact it's probably considerable faster.

The problem with Warcraft2 BNE was it was all redone with DirectX which slows things down..The original DOS version Warcraft 2 is pretty speedy.

For the Reality.

We dont have 3D Emulation/Accelertion yet with Qemu.

Most 3D Games dont work when they need a 3D Card under Windows.

Some Games have "Software Renderers"but they work often too slow to have Fun ^_^

Videos under Qemu are often a Problem that they dont play smoothly,because the Windows take much of the emulated Processor.

Videos under MSDOS work often good,example: The Riddle of Master LU work with Sound and 1GHZ overclocked nearly perfect. ^_^

The Site http://freeware.remakes.org/ dont work and Google Found it not,was it a little Joke :rolleyes: ??

Touchscreen under Dos is hard to Activate.

First you need a Dos USB Driver that work(i tested manys but no one of them worked)

But in the Past i saw somewhere a Video who a User had Windows3.11 with Touchscreen.

I dont found that Video again,but i think it was a Pandora Video too.(i dont know what he did for that)

When the Touchscreen is possible under windows 3.11,then its possible under Dos too :)

I have in the Moment only little little bit Time,because Inventure in my Work <_< (every Year again) :unsure:

The 3.11 Video was made with dosbox, as it can run win 3.11 but not win95 reliably.

Lunixbochs (sp?) thought he could maybe knock something together (earlier in this thread), but he's a busy man and it's a big thing to bite off.

Did anyone keep a list of games with their working, slow, not working type status, for regular and gigger pandoras?

I'll be getting a gigger soon, and hopefully get some free time (hahaha right!), to check out some stuff..

jeff

There should be a compatibility list in the wiki, but I am not sure, if it is properly maintained.

Just run the executable or setup. Then it will be installed and can be run from the startmenu.

Just run the executable or setup. Then it will be installed and can be run from the startmenu.

So i placed my Win95 qcow2 image in HDD image and it boots fine.

To install Age of Empires demo in my Win95 image must i place MSAoE.exe in CDROM iso, Floppy Image or Shared Folder?

You can put it into the shared folder and install it from there in win95.

For clarification:

You specify a folder on your sdcard to use as shared folder in the shared folder box.

You need to copy the file into the folder you specified, so win95 can access it.

You can put it into the shared folder and install it from there in win95.

For clarification:

You specify a folder on your sdcard to use as shared folder in the shared folder box.

You need to copy the file into the folder you specified, so win95 can access it.

Ok it worked, thanks

Warning:

Age of Empires Demoversion support only 800x600 and work only in Qemu Window Mode.

Only the Age of Empires Full Version support also 640x480 to play it Fullscreen on Pandora.

Its a important Information for you ;)

So I tried again Dune2000 without CD, videos are running from disk. I confirm it makes a big difference, no more lags on videos !!

I'm so happy I can play Dune 2000 smoothly on my Pandora :)

EDIT : after w95 shutdown+restart video is laggy again :blink: I can't understand why, I'm sure it was smooth before. DirectX installation did finisged on boot (creating driver database...)

So finally it seems it's not related to CD emulation. I'll investigate that and try to reproduce the thing again :wacko:

Back