Release Qemu for Pandora (for rebirth competition)

Have a look at the idecontrollers and if they are installed correctly.

So I tried again Dune2000 without CD, videos are running from disk. I confirm it makes a big difference, no more lags on videos !!

I'm so happy I can play Dune 2000 smoothly on my Pandora :)

EDIT : after w95 shutdown+restart video is laggy again :blink: I can't understand why, I'm sure it was smooth before. DirectX installation did finisged on boot (creating driver database...)

So finally it seems it's not related to CD emulation. I'll investigate that and try to reproduce the thing again :wacko:

It's striking how Qemu brings back the windows 95 experience to how it was way back then.. Odd quirkyness with drivers, rebooting every time you install something.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I could reproduce the behaviour : just after DirectX 5.0 installation videos are smooth, after restart it's not.

I had a look to the IDE drivers. I'm using "Intel® 82371SB PCI Bus Master IDE Controller". I tried the standard driver and got a blue screen at reboot. I then tried another driver from Intel and videos was laggy again, but in a different way. So it's probably linked to the IDE driver.

EDIT: I installed DirectX 8 and now it works fine again :) Even after reboot :) Finally got this problem solved !

Ok I created a W98 SE image on my PC (Qemu-1.2.0-rc0-windows), copied over the image to my SD and booted via Qemu for pandora. I changed the P&P Bios to PCI-BUS and after installing 500 new drivers and rebooting 100 times (including one segfault) the system is now running (Ok there a still some problem with the "Cirrus Logic 5446 PCI" Card it says that there is not enough I/O resources available). But the touchscreen is still not working correctly. The Wiki only mentioned to change the Bios Device. Is there anything else I have to do?

You need to add the tablet usb option in the additional options field before booting. I cannot tell you the exact command right now, but I am sure it was mentioned somewhere in this thread. Else google for qemu usb tablet.

Is there any other way besides expanding an Qemu image, to increase the disk size of the OS is installed into the image?

I currently have an 1gb image, but would like to have a 4 gb image.

Also, is it possible to make bigger shared folders, when i add a shared folder it can hold max 512 MB, or is it possible to add more then one share trough Qemu?

Tnx, but i was hoping to use that method as a last resort :)

btw, when i run dos games in win95 i always get an error that i need at least amount x of extended memory, anyone got around this?

Its difficult to get games to run, under freedos games dont run either, or only run without sound, and in dosbox all the games got mouse and touchscreen problems maing them impossible to play....

How to configure mouse buttons to Pandora X/Y/A/B buttons?

Does the omapsdl.cfg works in Qemu?

Also, is it possible to make bigger shared folders, when i add a shared folder it can hold max 512 MB, or is it possible to add more then one share trough Qemu?

A simple Sollution for this Problem:

Copy your Files into a Folder and then use UltraIso or other Software to make a Iso Image from this Folder.

Mount this as CDROM Iso and you have your bigger Files ;)

btw, when i run dos games in win95 i always get an error that i need at least amount x of extended memory, anyone got around this?

for XMS Memory:

Use my Freedos Image and you will have many more Memory.

Win95B has a Himem.sys BUG!(Google it and maybe find a Solve)

I think you must reconfigure your Startup Files Autoexec.bat and Config.sys for more Memory.

for EMS Memory:

you must have the following Files in your Config.sys for working EMS Memory

device=c:\whereyourwindowsinstalledis\himem.sys

device=c:\wherethisfileis\emm386.exe -m9

Then you have working EMS Memory ;)

Its difficult to get games to run, under freedos games dont run either, or only run without sound, and in dosbox all the games got mouse and touchscreen problems maing them impossible to play....
Can you say what Games not work?

Maybe we can help you :)

But the touchscreen is still not working correctly. The Wiki only mentioned to change the Bios Device. Is there anything else I have to do?
for working Touchscreen under Win98 mut you add the following additional startparameters:

-usb -usbdevice tablet

^_^

A simple Sollution for this Problem:

Copy your Files into a Folder and then use UltraIso or other Software to make a Iso Image from this Folder.

Mount this as CDROM Iso and you have your bigger Files ;)

for XMS Memory:

Use my Freedos Image and you will have many more Memory.

Win95B has a Himem.sys BUG!(Google it and maybe find a Solve)

I think you must reconfigure your Startup Files Autoexec.bat and Config.sys for more Memory.

for EMS Memory:

you must have the following Files in your Config.sys for working EMS Memory

device=c:\whereyourwindowsinstalledis\himem.sys

device=c:\wherethisfileis\emm386.exe -m9

Then you have working EMS Memory ;)

Tnx a lot, love the iso solution, il try the EMS :)

Hah there was a little error from me because EMS

the corrected is here

Code:
device=c:\windows\himem.sys

device=c:\windows\command\emm386.exe m9

before i wrote "-m9" but meant only "m9" ^_^

Back