Release Qemu for Pandora (for rebirth competition)

Oh i saw long time not here in,thx for Answer.

When i execute this Command,will all X Applications what i execute in this Bash automatic use LibGL then?

Had a long Pause but i am here again ;)

And for all Qemu Users,have you Whishes for porting Games to Qemu?

Please only Freeware,Demoversions and Shareware.

Most of them can be run under Dos.

Maybe i can try to make a Image with Damn Small Linux on the Pandora :)

Only for Testing things.

You will still have to LD_PRELOAD libGL.so.1 if you did not replace the mesa libGL with lunixbochs.

The LIBGL_FB=1 will run those apps in framebuffer mode for better controlhandling than with X.

I tried creating a .qcow file on VirtualBox on my laptop, and doing the copy files bit of the XP install on that, since it's WAY too slow on the Pandora. But then it just bluescreens on the Pandora. Do I really have to do the entire thing on the Pandora?

Last edited by a moderator:
You used Virtualbox?

Virtualbox have other emulated Drivers than

Qemu.

In this way is this not combatible.

I never got XP running for testing here.

But maybe i give Windows NT 4.0 a shot.

Reports say that Windows NT work slow but fine and

for easy Things possible.

When you want to make Images on your PC,type in Forum search the word : Qemumanager

And with this can you create Images on a Windows PC

for Qemu.

Hi i changed some Options of the Qemu Gui now.

Had ever used the wrong Editor :lol:

Added Options like

- boot from CDROM ISO

- CoreDuo CPU Emulation and added a List with all aviable CPUs for choosing what you want in Other Options

- Changed Qemus Network Card to a NE 2000 combatible (all Windows should have driver for it buildin)

- build in LibGL and use it with LIBGL_FB=1 (seem to work little faster than normal)

- Acpi and Hpet disable Option for little more Speed than normal Settings

- 2 little Hints in the other Options Line for booting Windows2000 and howto use the -cpu Option

Here is a little Test Version and this replace please with the normal Qemu.pnd

http://qemu.openpandora.org/PNDs/qemu.pnd

Happy trying and reporting :)

PXML must i edit a little next Time,changing Options in the Gui is my first Goal ;)

And Thx Mcobit for your Tips,its more easy to change than i thought.

I ever used the wrong Editor :lol:

Under Windows used i Notepad and Wordpad.

Wordpad seem first to work but big Error when executing the saved SH File.

I am using now the Opensource Notepad++ ;)

The pnd you posted doesn't seem to contain your changes. I have no additional options.

Oh needed to delete my appdata ;)

Notepad++ ist the only editor I use in windows as it doesn't write the dos format bullshit in every file when saving.

You should really set up a virtual machine or dualboot with some linux distro. Then enjoy vim and/or nano. If you like it graphically, try gedit or beaver.

Notepad++ ist the only editor I use in windows as it doesn't write the dos format bullshit in every file when saving.

You should really set up a virtual machine or dualboot with some linux distro. Then enjoy vim and/or nano. If you like it graphically, try gedit or beaver.
Gedit use i often under Linux and the Pandora as PND ;)

But good Idea,i download yet a Windows Version. :p

A Virtual Machine is a good Idea too :rolleyes:

Well, even Geany and PSPad are very professional editors

The only editors war I've ever seen was about emacs and vi, but I never seen one about Windows programs... we should start one !! :D

Hello,

I'm having trouble installing Win98SE.

I'm using a premade hdd image (1GB Bootable HDD Image premade for Windows98/98SE Setup) and a Win98SE ISO (german, created with ImgBurn (bootable 1.44 floppy with Windows98_SE.img I found somewhere)).

It happened two times now that the first progress bar froze at 18%. One time, it went further to 100%, then I was able to configure a few things, then another progress bar came up which also went to 100% but then it froze again...

What could I try now? Why does it freeze? (I tried with stock speed too, still froze (only the setup, not the whole Pandora))

Thanks!

I recommend a faster USB Stick or a faster SD Card.
And yes it will broke often the whole installation when you install from CDRom.
Just copy the Setup Files into the Image and reboot without mounted CDROM Iso.
Then install the Windows from the Setup Files onto your HDD Image ;)
This Way must work :)

Back