Q: Warranty At 800Mhz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
cosurgi said:
borgqueenx said:
so what the thing now:
overclocking over 600mhz means warrenty gone?
craig, can you please confirm?

You have to wait. They need to talk with TI and among themselves. This will take at least a week to decide.
That's over 9000 minutes :(

Last edited by a moderator:
This should be a non-issue since soft-overclocking shouldn't be detrimental enough to the pandora to cause it to die before the warranty is up anyway. If it does there was probably something wrong with it anyway.

Goddamn, reading this thread was terribly frustrating and I'm really starting to ask myself why I didn't cancel my order a year ago. Well, I'll sleep over it. Feel sorry for ED/Faith/MWeston/Skeezix, as those are the ones who were really kicked in the ass today, for no reason.

* ARM® Cortex™-A8 600Mhz+ CPU running Linux
* 430-MHz TMS320C64x+™ DSP Core
* PowerVR SGX OpenGL 2.0 ES compliant 3D hardware
* 800x480 4.3" 16.7 million colours touchscreen LCD
* Wifi 802.11b/g, Bluetooth & High Speed USB 2.0 Host
* Dual SDHC card slots & SVideo TV output
* Dual Analogue and Digital gaming controls
* 43 button QWERTY and numeric keypad
* Around 10+ Hours battery life
- http://www.open-pandora.org/

:ph34r:

Vimacs said:
Its very sad that it had to come to this, this was a very interesting project for the last 3 years.
I enjoyed helping out and working with really nice people, unfortunately you as self proclaimed project leader arent on of them.
You craigix, have been quite aggressive to customers on the board for some time now, that is not the way you keep a community happy and motivate people to work for _FREE_ on the project.
Also if i remember right you still own some gbax compo prices to some devs.

I'm sad that this went down this way
I'm sad the people like mw faith and ed will suffer for your arrogance.
I hope that those people who stayed loyal to this afford will get the money they invested back.
I hope that the devs who spent lots of time on this will some day get some reward for this.
I'm sad that i have to leave this project now as i just cant justify spending my own short time and therefore money anymore knowing that in the end it will benefit a person like you.

A few minutes ago i canceled my order with ed and gave ownership of my code to Skeezix, he is free to do whatever he wants with it and license it under his terms.

Bye guys, it was fun while it lasted, i hope some day you all get the device you dreamed of.

Sad to hear.
Thanx for everything you done.

Vimacs said:
Its very sad that it had to come to this, this was a very interesting project for the last 3 years.
I enjoyed helping out and working with really nice people, unfortunately you as self proclaimed project leader arent on of them.
You craigix, have been quite aggressive to customers on the board for some time now, that is not the way you keep a community happy and motivate people to work for _FREE_ on the project.

I hope that those people who stayed loyal to this afford will get the money they invested back.
I hope that the devs who spent lots of time on this will some day get some reward for this.
I'm sad that i have to leave this project now as i just cant justify spending my own short time and therefore money anymore knowing that in the end it will benefit a person like you.

A few minutes ago i canceled my order with ed and gave ownership of my code to Skeezix, he is free to do whatever he wants with it and license it under his terms.

Bye guys, it was fun while it lasted, i hope some day you all get the device you dreamed of.

I'm very sorry you feel like this, it was not my intention to upset you in any way.

Consequence_9 said:
This should be a non-issue since soft-overclocking shouldn't be detrimental enough to the pandora to cause it to die before the warranty is up anyway. If it does there was probably something wrong with it anyway.

I would have agreed with you on this until this thread. But now we are going to have to get all serious and make a statement.

I've never known an ARM chip fail after overclocking, but maybe times are changing.

Oh, and I dug this out of my YouTube inbox from a while ago, hope MW doesn't mind me using it.
Right now I overclock without changing the core voltage so no damage will be done. If the bits get garbled due to too much speed, then the kernel either locks up or 'seg faults' the application. Higher overclocks could be done by the user later if they dare increase the voltage (done in software).
MWeston2 03 Nov 2009

He seems to think it wouldn't be much of a problem if you don't increase the voltage.

craigix said:
Vimacs said:

I'm very sorry you feel like this, it was not my intention to upset you in any way.

well a fucking crap job you did of it.

craigix said:
I would have agreed with you on this until this thread. But now we are going to have to get all serious and make a statement.

I've never known an ARM chip fail after overclocking, but maybe times are changing.
:) That would have come in handy a few pages earlier ;)
Now, I hope that you can convince Vimacs to come back.

Vimacs, the community needs you! :)

TaG said:
craigix said:
Vimacs said:

The word is respect, Craig.

Dropping the PND system is a huge mistake, IMO -- especially at the hands of a stupid ego trip. Drag-n-drop, totally encapsulated installation of games, emulators and programs was, I thought, going to be a huge benefit, especially to the less technically inclined. Sad to see Vimacs go. :(

Kyosys said:
TaG said:
craigix said:
Vimacs said:

I'm totally at a loss here, how did I disrespect Vimacs?

craigix said:
Kyosys said:
TaG said:
craigix said:
Vimacs said:

I'm totally at a loss here, how did I disrespect Vimacs?
First in a more general sense by what went on in this thread, and then by completely blowing him off. You realize that what you call a threat was actually just CONSIDERING to pull out something he supplied completely free of charge to the community. He asked you respect your customers more, you replied by wanting to cancel his preorder. Are you really surprised this is how it went down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back