Pyra Donations

But when the mass production is setup, you accept preorders, right? So it should be no problem to collect the money for 1000 units and produce them with this money, or?

But when the mass production is setup, you accept preorders, right? So it should be no problem to collect the money for 1000 units and produce them with this money, or?
Maybe he has to start ordering some parts even before preorder money is starting to arrive, because they have huge lead times or some other reason. Then again I would imagine that you can pay the bills only after the parts have arrived, or do you have to pay such things up front?

As I got a few requests, I enabled the donation system on the boards and added a first goal: Financing the mold for the keymat.
is the mat already final designed and tested? I mean stuff like you mentioned: different thickness for different keys etc. Also maybe different ABXY buttons to make them better action buttons with a different surface than the regular Keyboard buttons.
Right now, only payment via bank transfer and BitCoins are possible.

PayPal closed the account a while ago as this page features emulators (yay!).

Any other payment methods you'd like me to look into?

I know Payza would work, as that's included in the system.
Paysafe? It's the most easy one I know and even in our tiny little town they sell paysafe credits at the local "Tanke". ^^
BTW: so far, we spent about 60,000 EUR for the development already.
Be happy, other Companies have to spend much more for sure. ;)

As I got a few requests, I enabled the donation system on the boards and added a first goal: Financing the mold for the keymat.
is the mat already final designed and tested? I mean stuff like you mentioned: different thickness for different keys etc. Also maybe different ABXY buttons to make them better action buttons with a different surface than the regular Keyboard buttons.
Yes, the normal keys have already been tested, that's exactly the reason, that small sample was made :)

The Action buttons have a different top, are a big higher and have a slightly different travel distance.

€10150.00 is a lot to ask in donations.

I do want a Pyra though.  I'd be willing to pre-order, maybe even paying a little extra?
This community has raised a bit more than that for the pre-order fund that helped pay for the costs of making the Pandoras for the people that pre-ordered with Craig and never received one.  

I will donate probably in 2 months. Why so long? Well I cancel my lease because I could no longer afford it... I will be moving back home for a month or two to build up some cash to brave the ghettos of Oklahoma once more  <_<

Maybe he has to start ordering some parts even before preorder money is starting to arrive, because they have huge lead times or some other reason. Then again I would imagine that you can pay the bills only after the parts have arrived, or do you have to pay such things up front?
A couple of years ago (when working on an ERP system in the electronics sector) I learned that the typical mode was to have your bank guarantee your ability to pay to the supplier. This would require some collateral upfront. But I think I read somewhere that this practice has changed recently.

I know PayPal denied donations on this forum, but is there another way to get PayPal to agree?  The wife said no bank transfer :(

@HolySmoke
respect !!!!

@Ryo Hazuki

if you want, then I can donate the mount you want via banktransfer, and after ED counted it you can send it me via paypal.

So there is a space for trust, but you will be on the safe site.

And when something goes wrong, then the keymat got more from me (will donate later again, so what else)

send me an PM if you want handle it like that

Last edited by a moderator:
Back