Looking for Bitcoins

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
I finally wanted to take a look into Bitcoins to maybe offer bitcoin payments for my shop in the future and also accept bitcoin donations for the Pandora fund (or maybe future projects as well) :)

I figured that quite a few of you are using Bitcoins.

I already have a wallet, but I couldn't put any bitcoins in yet, since the verification queue at Mt. Gox is really long right now (I'm in queue position 7000...).

Would anyone here be able to sell me some bitcoins for a start?

Europe would be best, as a Bank transfer within Europe is free of any fees.

If you have some to spare and are willing to sell them for me, please send me a PM.

No one will want to buy them, but many are choosing now to sell because they're afraid the price will soon shoot down again.  EvilDragon, you should state your wallet address here so that we can randomly throw coins as you.

No one will want to buy them, but many are choosing now to sell because they're afraid the price will soon shoot down again.  EvilDragon, you should state your wallet address here so that we can randomly throw coins as you.
Someone wants to do that?

Well, added it to my Signature.

Will use money made from them to donate into the preorder queue :)

I'd be really careful with bitcoins right now, unless your store dynamically priced them and immediately cashed them out. They've made a 1000% gain in 2 months and there is a significant chance that it could all vanish in a day. It would suck to list Pandora's at 4 bitcoins while they trade at $110, only to cash them in the next day for just $55 or less.

Up until 2 months ago, the currency was more or less stable, and in another 2 months it probably will be again, but right now any business that accepts them is taking a major risk.

I think Bitcoins are too volatile right now for any decent shop. Sure, you could keep them and hope they continue to climb but I think that would be ill advised, right now the price changes us much as 15% and more during the time it takes to even receive and instantly resell them.

I don't care who you are.. You can take my freedom but you cannot take my BITCOINS!!!!

That's why I first wanted to work a bit with private money here.

As soon as I know how well it works, how stable it is, I could easily add it to the shop.

I want to gain some experience first without having a risk for my company, but be experienced enough to switch to it faster later.

I wouldn't add bitcoins to your store.... if you want to accept donations, go nuts.

Mt Gox exploited *again*, just an FYI. Check the news sites.

(FWIW, MtGox stands for Magic the Gathering Online Exchange .............now a bank :p )

jeff

I think Bitcoins are too volatile right now for any decent shop. Sure, you could keep them and hope they continue to climb but I think that would be ill advised, right now the price changes us much as 15% and more during the time it takes to even receive and instantly resell them.
That's why you use a service like bitpay, which guarantees the exchange rate.  They give the customer a price in bitcoins and guarantee the merchant a price in dollars or euros, as long as the customer pays within 15 minutes.  You will have a few customers pay late, then you'll have to decide whether to accept it, or cancel the order and refund the money.

And Bitpay only charges 1% for this.  When I bought a Pandora, I used Paypal, which added a 2.5% fee to the currency conversion.  That's on top of their usual fees.  Paypal is a ripoff... even if you take the risk on the exchange rate you will likely save money over using Paypal.

I don't know why ED would want to use MtGox instead of bitcoin-24.com or bitcoin.de.

Back