Pymap-2x

rautiocination

Still Fresh
Website
www.erautio.com
I've made a simple map viewer using python, its basically just a glorified image viewer with scrolling support and the ability to switch through images.

pymap.jpg

You can download it here:
pymap-2x

You'll need the gp2x python implementation on your sd card for this to run.

Use the stick to scroll the map, B button to toggle through the scroll speeds, and L and R to switch through images located in /pymap/maps/ (by default)

I've included some nyc subway maps as a demo.

I've been using png files with this viewer, so thats all I know works 100%, though pygame _should_ have support for plenty more. I have no sanity checks for incoming files though, so don't put anything which isn't an image file in the /maps/ dir or it might crash. Huge files (i'm talking more than 2000x2000 here) can also crash it.

Feel free to use/recycle/ridicule any of my code!

Enjoy

rautiocination, works fine here - thank you!

gp2x.info, I think you have to edit pymap.gpe - either set the right absolute path or modify it to use current path.

yep thoro's right, i just assumed people would copy the pymap from zip to sd card, if you put it in another directory the .gpe should be changed to use the new one

Now that the latest firmware improved the graphics viewer this program is a little redundant, though i would love to make a usb or serial gps->gp2x interface and code/port a program with waypoints and other navigation tools, readout for compass, altitude, speed etc

this gameboy hack shows what i'm thinking:

http://www.msh-tools.com/GBA/gbagps.html

anyone else think this would be cool?

Mmmmm .... gps on the 2x ... mmmmmm

That's something to drool over

(then all I would need is a way to add wifi with rfmon support, and it's warwalking central)

Back