Release PX68k - Sharp X68000 Emulator

Hey guys. Speed browsing doesn't seem to work for me. I'm using a joystick and various different versions from 0.03 to 0.15. It's annoying to have to scroll through massive amounts of titles to get down to S or T. How exactly do you speed browse? Thank you

Sent from my EDI-AL10 using Tapatalk

Hey guys. Speed browsing doesn't seem to work for me. I'm using a joystick and various different versions from 0.03 to 0.15. It's annoying to have to scroll through massive amounts of titles to get down to S or T. How exactly do you speed browse? Thank you

Speed Browsing will only works with the Pandora DPad with the current version.

PS: you are talking of the Pandora version right, not the Android one?

Speed Browsing will only works with the Pandora DPad with the current version.

PS: you are talking of the Pandora version right, not the Android one?
No I mean the Android one. Damn that sucks. I've got like my whole X68000 library in one folder.

No I mean the Android one. Damn that sucks. I've got like my whole X68000 library in one folder.

I am not the maintener of any Android version. I don't think the Speed Browse is implemented on Android.

New build on the repo.
I borrowed the improved CPU part of the retroarch fork (wich comes from another fork :p ), and also implemented the runtime CPU Speed selection (and Ram Size).
So now the Pandora version use the Cyclone ASM m68K CPU Emu, and can choose the Speed in real time (from 10Mhz to 100Mhz). I keep it at 33MHz, and everything is smooth as butter with no frameskip.

Also, I translate menu items in English (thanks google translate)..

Enjoy that upgraded px68k version!

Build 09
-----------

• Added updated M68k and Cyclone CPU emu from retroarch fork
  • Pandora build use Cyclone CPU
  • Configurable CPU Emulator speed
  • Configurable Ram Size
  • Translated most menu items to English

Last edited:
Late to the party. Excellent emulator for a fun system that I totally seem to have missed. Has an interesting gaming library. https://www.everythingamiga.com/2021/01/sharp-x68000-the-japanese-amiga-alternative.html

There is a fun puzzle game on the X86000 that is a variant of one of my childhood favorites Flappy. Flappy 2 - The Resurrection of The Blue Star. Works great on this emulator only one issue.
According to gamefaqs - you can lose a life by pressing the help key. In this game that is pretty important if you made a mistake and you are stuck in a level. If you cannot bump into an enemy you need to wait until the timer ends to die (and that is a looooong time).

Tried a lot of keycombinations but none of them seem to work. I didn't see anything in the config file that referred to a help key. If anyone has a suggestion please let me know (it is not F1).

Next to issue above it seems this emulator doesn't seem to register/save high-scores. That is a pity. Most games for the system are pure high-score action games. Documentation is pretty limited and in the menu there is not an obvious setting to change. Config file doesn't provide any clue as well. Maybe I am missing something....

Nevertheless - emulation is spot on and works great. Lots of Shmups

Does the native 68k even save highscores for when you switch it off? As far as I remember most contemporary 16-bit machines over here didn't, but I don't know what the Japanese were doing to be fair.

Does the native 68k even save highscores for when you switch it off? As far as I remember most contemporary 16-bit machines over here didn't, but I don't know what the Japanese were doing to be fair.

That is a good question. The X86000 was a homecomputer with HD/floppydrive/Keyboard so I assumed it would. It is more related than homecomputers from that era to an arcade machine though, so you might be right.

OTOH https://docs.libretro.com/library/px68k/ mentions "Saves are directly written to the disks used. Make sure to have a backup of roms before using them. This will make it easier to restore the files incase the roms get corrupted."
So not impossible to save info, but that might depend on the game (I've only played a few).

Back