Release PX68k - Sharp X68000 Emulator

A hidden gem!  R-Type runs better than on PC-Engine.  Like Eurynomos666 said, how can I run Street Fighter II Champion Edition?   There are 4 floppy disks for this game, but the emulator only allows to attach two at a time.  The emulator loads but puts the game at the command prompt.

Also, is there a way to make it stretch the entire screen?

A hidden gem!  R-Type runs better than on PC-Engine.  Like Eurynomos666 said, how can I run Street Fighter II Champion Edition?   There are 4 floppy disks for this game, but the emulator only allows to attach two at a time.  The emulator loads but puts the game at the command prompt.

Also, is there a way to make it stretch the entire screen?
I'll take a look at SFII-C.E. I found it's better to use not use the basic rom iplrom.dat but the iplromxv.dat.

About stretching, it's not implemented. But I'll try to add a parameter in the F12 menu.

Thank you sir Serial Porter!  Man!  The more I used this emulator the more I like it.  Gradius is awesome on this emulator!  Thanks again!

If I were to have more than 3000 roms, it would be really a pain to scroll to a specific disk.  Would it be possible to have text search function so at least we can jump to the first letter of rom or something.  Sorry for make so many request at once :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I was being hypothetical.  So yeah, fixed what I said :)
In the hypothetical case you were having 3000 roms (like the complete TOSEC collection), using SpeedScroll, with {R}+Left/Right to go real fast, and {R}+Up/Down to go just fast.

Text search will be a bit complicated to implement here, so not sure I'll do it (and if I do it, it will be hugly code).

We'll see, when I take a look at the "fast" aspect ratio, I'll have to look at the menu, so I may finaly implement this (it has been already asked anyway).

I have more than 3000 roms
 Hum, all legal ? :p Careful about mentioning this kind of things :p
ROMs are not legal in many countries no matter how you obtained them. The UK is lucky in that backups of software you already own is legal, but breaking/circumventing copy protection to obtain those backups is still illegal. Countries that signed up to the DMCA have it even worse, in that even a backup is illegal as it involves copying.

That said, my Pandora has something like 10,000 ROM images on it that I have neither permission for or the original hardware - they're all illegal, having been downloaded from torrent sites and emu-rom sites.

D.

Something I will never understand is how anyone can justify limitations placed on what you are allowed to privately do for yourself (not sharing with others) with things you "own".

Well, if you want to get technical, (And please correct me if I'm wrong here) when you buy a game, you don't OWN the software, you pay for the right to RUN said software; the software is still owned by the company that produced it.  You know those End User License Agreements people always skip? Those EULA's outline all the rights you just paid for, and those rights don't typically extend to the duplication of the software, to be distributed however you wish. And this isn't just for games nowadays, I think it's always been that way. The physical mediums are simply a means to get the software to you, so the company holds up their end of the deal; You buy the license, they provide you a means to run the software. Now don't get me wrong. I've leaned toward the illegitimate side of software ownership in the past. However I now understand the implications of my actions; By downloading and running a COPY of something, I never payed for the right to do so. Using that logic, I don't do it anymore. Developers need to eat, too.

Now do you understand? Be honest.

Hello,

The control in Arkanoid Revenge of DOH is not working.  Using D-Pad to move left and right does not do anything.  Not sure if this is game related or emulator related issue.

Also, what kind of games would use HD0 and HD1?  Is it possible to install a 4-disk game on either HD0 or HD1 and boot it from there?

Arkanoid use the Mouse probably, not the keyboard.

HD0, I have seen a video of a SF-X IV running on it (a few post earlier).

Mouse does not work neither, but I was able to map the movement to the Dpad.  However, ABXY buttons and Left-Shoulder and Right-Shoulder buttons are not recognized.  I want to use X to shoot, R- or L-Shoulder for speed movement.  No big deal though as there is a native port of Akarnoid for Pandora which I ported myself using your porting tutorial ;)

Like Eurynomos666 said, how can I run Street Fighter II Champion Edition?   There are 4 floppy disks for this game, but the emulator only allows to attach two at a time.  The emulator loads but puts the game at the command prompt.
I used the ipl30romxv.dat version and had no issue with it. Just insert Disk 1 in FDD0 and Disk 2 in FDD1 and it will boot the game.

After that, when the game Ask for Disk 2 (or Disk 3), insert Disk 3 (or Disk 4) in FDD0 (there is a +1 because 1 disk image is the system, and not really a game disk).

New build available. A bit of finetuning...

Build 06

-----------

• Added option (in F12 screen) for Stretched anamorphic display
  • Added option to copy iplromxv.dat rom if none is found

Back