Beta ptitSeb's Beta Lair

@ptitSeb - I'm impressed! That was an incredibly fast response! :eek:

I have downloaded it, feeling guilty, as I know it will sit in my to-do list for a long time before I can unearth Myst III and test it on my Pandora (I already finished Exile a few years back. I intend to play through all the Myst games in order of release. My last completion was URU. Now I'm trying to get into Myst IV)

Hi all :)

@ptitSeb : I completely missed the release of your latest Code::Blocks package, sorry about that...

I can confirm perl is back and working, so that I could resume my work on Angband :) I get strange results with "ccmake" though (when working on Odamex 0.8 this time). The display gets all messed up rather quickly when browsing through several pages of settings.

Am I doing something wrong ? Can you replicate the issue on your end ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

I have added "Hydraslayer graphical version" to the 1st post. It's not really a beta, but while the repo is down, I'll put stuff here...

I have also updated HomeworldSDL with a fresh build and updated libs.

Last edited:
Hi all,

@ptitSeb : I'm trying to update Dave Gnukem using your Code::Blocks package as usual.

So far, the compilation fails quickly at the very beginning, and I don't understand why (yet):

pandora:/media/Pandora1/dev/dave_gnukem$ make
g++ -ffast-math -O3 -pipe -mcpu=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=softfp -ftree-vectorize -fsingle-precision-constant -fuse-ld=gold -fuse-linker-plugin -fsigned-char -Wall -DPANDORA -DHAVE_SOUND -DDATA_DIR=/mnt/utmp/davegnukem-magicsam/data -I/mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/include/SDL -c src/main.cpp -o src/main.o
src/main.cpp: In function ‘int DaveStartup(bool, bool, const std::map<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char>, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char> >&)’:
<command-line>: error: expected primary-expression before ‘/’ token
src/main.cpp:297:23: note: in expansion of macro ‘DATA_DIR’
297 | if (!djFolderExists( DATA_DIR ))
| ^~~~~~~~
<command-line>: error: ‘mnt’ was not declared in this scope; did you mean ‘int’?
| ^~~~~~~~
<command-line>: error: ‘utmp’ was not declared in this scope; did you mean ‘tm’?
| ^~~~~~~~
<command-line>: error: ‘davegnukem’ was not declared in this scope
| ^~~~~~~~
<command-line>: error: ‘magicsam’ was not declared in this scope
<command-line>: note: in definition of macro ‘DATA_DIR’
<command-line>: error: ‘data’ was not declared in this scope
<command-line>: note: in definition of macro ‘DATA_DIR’
<command-line>: error: expected primary-expression before ‘/’ token
src/main.cpp:300:119: note: in expansion of macro ‘DATA_DIR’
300 | note this is in a separate repo - see the ReadMe.md for details.\n",DATA_DIR);
| ^~~~~~~~

Looks like GCC 9.1 has become "picky" about details it didn't care about before...

What am I doing wrong ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

I think your are either missing double-quote in DATA_DIR definition, -DDATA_DIR=\"/mnt/utmp/davegnukem-magicsam/data\"
or you need to use #DATA_DIR, like with
Code:
if (!djFolderExists( #DATA_DIR ))

I don't think it's gcc 9.1 related, more like something changed in your build system.

On first post, I have just added a link to the Demo of Descent 3. That was the only "Descent" game in the serie not running on the Pandora, so this is fixed now.
The PND contains the Demo data along with Loki binary, and runs with Box86 and gl4es. It is very smooth on my gigahertz and seems to run perfeclty, only in 640x480 instead of 800x480.
So go grab this PND and try it (you'll need to configure Keymap, I haven't done this for you this time).
descent3demo_1.png

I assume if we wanted to play the full game with this we could at least give it a go, although the official faq suggests we need the linux data files[/url] and that the old ones from the windows CD will not work.

Repordedly the steam client has the linux x86 build and data files, although having just checked gog I note they're only selling a windows install there, disappointingly.

I assume if we wanted to play the full game with this we could at least give it a go, although the official faq suggests we need the linux data files[/url] and that the old ones from the windows CD will not work.

Repordedly the steam client has the linux x86 build and data files, although having just checked gog I note they're only selling a windows install there, disappointingly.
I can create a PND that could extract GOG windows data and put Loki Linux binary. It should not be too difficult to do, if that help (I assume binaries for the full and demo version are different).

Yeah, but according to the faq the linux data and the windows data (all x86) is differing somehow. It's probably not impossible to work out the conversion, but I doubt it's really worth it until we've found someone who wants to play it all the way through.

Yeah, but according to the faq the linux data and the windows data (all x86) is differing somehow. It's probably not impossible to work out the conversion, but I doubt it's really worth it until we've found someone who wants to play it all the way through.
I have tried that on my Pandora with GoG Windows version: it just work, it's not complaining about anything. Only thing needed is some renaming (uppercase -> lowercase) of some "hog" files.

Do you think I should put the Descent 3 Demo PND on the repo instead of here? And should I work on the Descent 3 Full PND too? (you is everyone that feels concerned about this)

Back