Beta ptitSeb's Beta Lair

DrasticNerd

Long time lurker, Forum newbie
I still can't download the residual beta pnd. Unless it is something wrong on my end?

DrasticNerd

Long time lurker, Forum newbie
@ptitSeb - I'm impressed! That was an incredibly fast response! :eek:

I have downloaded it, feeling guilty, as I know it will sit in my to-do list for a long time before I can unearth Myst III and test it on my Pandora (I already finished Exile a few years back. I intend to play through all the Myst games in order of release. My last completion was URU. Now I'm trying to get into Myst IV)

Magic Sam

Forever Homebrew
Hi all :)

@ptitSeb : I completely missed the release of your latest Code::Blocks package, sorry about that...

I can confirm perl is back and working, so that I could resume my work on Angband :) I get strange results with "ccmake" though (when working on Odamex 0.8 this time). The display gets all messed up rather quickly when browsing through several pages of settings.

Am I doing something wrong ? Can you replicate the issue on your end ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

Magic Sam

Forever Homebrew
Hi all,

@ptitSeb : I'm trying to update Dave Gnukem using your Code::Blocks package as usual.

So far, the compilation fails quickly at the very beginning, and I don't understand why (yet):

pandora:/media/Pandora1/dev/dave_gnukem$ make
g++ -ffast-math -O3 -pipe -mcpu=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=softfp -ftree-vectorize -fsingle-precision-constant -fuse-ld=gold -fuse-linker-plugin -fsigned-char -Wall -DPANDORA -DHAVE_SOUND -DDATA_DIR=/mnt/utmp/davegnukem-magicsam/data -I/mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/include/SDL -c src/main.cpp -o src/main.o
src/main.cpp: In function ‘int DaveStartup(bool, bool, const std::map<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char>, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char> >&)’:
<command-line>: error: expected primary-expression before ‘/’ token
src/main.cpp:297:23: note: in expansion of macro ‘DATA_DIR’
297 | if (!djFolderExists( DATA_DIR ))
| ^~~~~~~~
<command-line>: error: ‘mnt’ was not declared in this scope; did you mean ‘int’?
| ^~~~~~~~
<command-line>: error: ‘utmp’ was not declared in this scope; did you mean ‘tm’?
| ^~~~~~~~
<command-line>: error: ‘davegnukem’ was not declared in this scope
| ^~~~~~~~
<command-line>: error: ‘magicsam’ was not declared in this scope
<command-line>: note: in definition of macro ‘DATA_DIR’
<command-line>: error: ‘data’ was not declared in this scope
<command-line>: note: in definition of macro ‘DATA_DIR’
<command-line>: error: expected primary-expression before ‘/’ token
src/main.cpp:300:119: note: in expansion of macro ‘DATA_DIR’
300 | note this is in a separate repo - see the ReadMe.md for details.\n",DATA_DIR);
| ^~~~~~~~
Looks like GCC 9.1 has become "picky" about details it didn't care about before...

What am I doing wrong ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
I think your are either missing double-quote in DATA_DIR definition, -DDATA_DIR=\"/mnt/utmp/davegnukem-magicsam/data\"
or you need to use #DATA_DIR, like with
Code:
if (!djFolderExists( #DATA_DIR ))
I don't think it's gcc 9.1 related, more like something changed in your build system.