Beta ptitSeb's Beta Lair

@ptitSeb could you have another look at system shock? it seems like they have fixed XMI playback and all game breaking bugs, and a lot of other stuff.

Hi all !

@ptitSeb : thanks for updating System Shock :)

GLES2 mode is really dark, is there anything you could do about it ?

Cheers, Magic Sam
I think (IIRC) GLES2 mode is dark as intended, and Software mode is too bright. But I can add some Gamma in ES2 mode, to boost the picture.
[doublepost=1544386205,1544385785][/doublepost]
Hi all !

@ptitSeb : thanks for updating System Shock :)

GLES2 mode is really dark, is there anything you could do about it ?

Cheers, Magic Sam
Better, press Escape in game to have the in-game, menu, choose "Video" there is a "Contrast" slider that just work. (also, you can change Language for the game there, or change key binding).

The Codeblocks beta PND is updated. Grab it at 1st post.
This version is still heavy, with a 3.7GB download. It feature updated GCC (8.2), CLang, and now include ccache (even a copy of Box86) and a bunch of other stuff...

@ptitSeb so i tried to compile chocolate doom with the codeblocks pnd.
So just running as is I get the expected Couldnt find matching render driver.
Then i add the:
SDL_DRIVER_GLES2=1
SDL_VIDEO_GL_DRIVER=libGLESv2.so

and i get further and im getting a window, but then it segfaults.
The segfault ended up in SDL_LowerBlit_REAL

Is there any other variables I could try or some other combination you would expect?

@ptitSeb so i tried to compile chocolate doom with the codeblocks pnd.
So just running as is I get the expected Couldnt find matching render driver.
Then i add the:
SDL_DRIVER_GLES2=1
SDL_VIDEO_GL_DRIVER=libGLESv2.so

and i get further and im getting a window, but then it segfaults.
The segfault ended up in SDL_LowerBlit_REAL

Is there any other variables I could try or some other combination you would expect?
Ah no.I would say some of the copy/paste work I've done with neon blitters (from SDL1) is buggy.

Ah no.I would say some of the copy/paste work I've done with neon blitters (from SDL1) is buggy.

I was able to get the line work not crash switching the SDL_LowerBlit call back to the normal SDL_BlitSurface. Im not sure exactly why they used the LowerBlit, since its not recommended.
This call is basically converting a 8 bit palette surface to 32 bit rgb surface.

The next line loads the 32 bit surface to texture. This is now crashing on bothe gl4es and gles2 backends. Iver tried quite a few variations, but ive yet to figure out what went wrong.

Edit: One other oddity the max texture size is not being reported right by SDL2 for the GLES2 backend.

Edit 2: I finally fixed the issue making the 32 bit surface to 16 bit. The texture must be 565 i guess.

Edit 3: TrashyMG was here...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

@ptitSeb : sorry to bother you again, but something looks odd in your latest Code::Blocks package (I'm trying to compile Angband 4.1.3):
pandora:/media/Pandora1/dev/angband$ aclocal --version
bash: /mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/bin/aclocal: /mnt/utmp/codeblocks/perl/bin/perl: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

pandora:/media/Pandora1/dev/angband$ which -a perl
/usr/bin/perl

pandora:/mnt/utmp/codeblocks$ ls -al /mnt/utmp/codeblocks/perl/bin/perl
ls: cannot access /mnt/utmp/codeblocks/perl/bin/perl: No such file or directory

Could you please have a look ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

did I forgot to put perl? oh. sounds bad.

For now, I have kind of broken ncursesw lib, so I need to fix that before creating a new PND (in the meantime, you can probably copy that perl folder from the previous PND here).

Upgraded to Buster. Checked everything, but not the FTP server... it probably simply didn't start. I'll check.
I don't know: I can connect to the FTP, but not get the content of root folder (and FileZilla also warn me about the certificate of the site not corresponding to the name of it).

Hm, I don't have any issues. Please send me the details (Server, Password, Login) via PM and I'll check.

Back