Beta ptitSeb's Beta Lair

I haven't used pip2 for a long time. It may still reference the location on python when it was still part of codeblocks, and not the new location in wxPython. Try to adapt the path in pip2 directly (it should be a simple script). I'll take look at fixing that for next beta.

Thanks @ptitSeb :)

I have changed the path of the python interpreter in pip2 to /mnt/utmp/wxpython/bin/python. Now it fails with the following error:
/mnt/utmp/codeblocks$ pip2 --help
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/bin/pip2", line 5, in <module>
from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
File "build/bdist.linux-armv7l/egg/pkg_resources.py", line 2797, in <module>
File "build/bdist.linux-armv7l/egg/pkg_resources.py", line 576, in resolve
pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: pip==1.6.dev1

Looks like there's something wrong with pip 1.6dev1. Let's try a different version then :)

EDIT: changed "pip==1.6dev1" to "pip>=1.6dev1", and it did the trick :D

EDIT 2: but upgrading pip to 9.0.1 broke everything... :(

Cheers, Magic Sam

Last edited:
Tested me-tv and it loads correctly my channel list but crashes when I try to see any of them, complains about libvlc:

Code:
=======================================================================================
PND             : /media/SD16/pandora/menu/me-tv.pnd
PND_FSTYPE      : Squashfs
APPDATADIR      : /media/SD16/pandora/appdata/me-tv
APPDD_FSTYPE    : vfat
PND_CPUSPEED    : <unset>
EXENAME         : runscript.sh
ARGUMENTS       : <unset>
=======================================================================================
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop1" "/mnt/utmp/me-tv"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/SD16/pandora/appdata/me-tv=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/me-tv=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/me-tv"
[SUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( runscript.sh  ) ----------
[0x4b03d8] main libvlc error: No plugins found! Check your VLC installation.
Segmentation fault
Kill me-tv-server now, so the PND can unmount
[SUCCESS]--- Starting the application ( runscript.sh  ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/me-tv': Device or resource busy
[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
cleanup done
[SUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------
Return code is : 2

This program will be pretty useful to me, thanks for the effort.

Ah. Libvlc. I compiled it some time ago but never actually use it...
I guess there are some "hidden" dependancies, with a plugin folder (hardcoded?). I'll look into that.

The new codeblock beta is uploaded, adding yet another language: Rust v1.17, along with cargo.

Note the arm-linux--unknown-gnueabi is a target triplet that is virtualy unsupported/unknown for Rust (but arm-android-unknown-gnueabi and arm-linux-unknown-gnueablhf are).
So some dependancies may failed to compile (like cpal older than 0.4.5 for example), complaining about missing import. In that case, you'll need to alter the Cargo.toml file and use a local copy of the lib, and you'll need to alter the Cargo.toml of the lib to add the dependancie for arm-linux-unknown-gnueabi.

Last edited:
Hi all :)

@ptitSeb : thanks for adding Rust to your Code::Blocks package !

Cheers, Magic Sam
Nice (you misspelled "Hellolo wolrd" :p ).

I tried some Rust stuff too. Most game/emulators wont work because they need shaders (all Piston based stuff for example). But other stuff do work (I have to try that Quantum computer emulator lib!).

Last edited:
@ptitSeb hi there, I am trying to compile i3wm for zaxxon and possibly make a pnd out of it. Tried this years ago and failed at some point.

I have all dependencies compiled and the libs should be in the right folders, however I am getting an error stating that the provided cairo libs are not recent enough ("Requested 'cairo >= 1.14.4' but version of cairo is 1.12.16"). You have it right there in the changelog, that you have included the latest cairo libs from git. How can that be? Did I screw up the update of codeblocks? I updated the pnd just now to get a recent cairo library as I can't figure out how to correctly build it myself on pandora.

I made sure to delete the old appdata folder of my previous codeblocks pnd. Can you help me out? Thanks btw once again for your amazing work. Compiling stuff using your codeblocks package is sooooo much fun.

EDIT: I think I just answered my own question... not sure though but it seems, that configure looks for the cairo library install of the pandora OS and not the updated one as I didn't provide a path to the codeblocks directory.

Last edited:
@xnopasaranx : I assume it use pkconfig to get cairo.

Look there:
Code:
cat /mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/lib/pkgconfig/cairo.pc

On my side, I get
Code:
prefix=/mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr
exec_prefix=${prefix}
libdir=${exec_prefix}/lib
includedir=${prefix}/include

Name: cairo
Description: Multi-platform 2D graphics library
Version: 1.15.2

Requires.private:   gobject-2.0 glib-2.0 >= 2.14       pixman-1 >= 0.30.0    fontconfig >= 2.2.95 freetype2 >= 9.7.3   libpng xcb-shm x11-xcb xcb >= 1.6 xcb-render >= 1.6 xrender >= 0.6 x11 xext
Libs: -L${libdir} -lcairo
Libs.private:      -lz      -lz -lz
Cflags: -I${includedir}/cairo

But maybe the software you want to compile get it's dependancies using some other mecanism (also, if it's a custom shell script, be sure to use #!/bin/bash istead of sh)

@xnopasaranx : if you manage to get i3wm up and running for zaxxon, I'd really appreciate you helping me do the same. I've tried and failed to compiled a couple times now. I can't quite remember the issue, but I believe I went down some dependency rabbit-hole and couldn't find my way out.

@ptitSeb It seems my version is different and obsolete. No idea why, will have to take another look after work.

this is my output:
prefix=/mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr
exec_prefix=${prefix}
libdir=${exec_prefix}/lib
includedir=${prefix}/include

Name: cairo
Description: Multi-platform 2D graphics library
Version: 1.12.16

Requires.private: gobject-2.0 glib-2.0 pixman-1 >= 0.16.0 fontconfig >= 2.2.95 freetype2 >= 9.7.3 libpng xcb-shm x11-xcb xcb >= 1.6 xcb-render >= 1.6 xrender >= 0.6 x11 xext
Libs: -L${libdir} -lcairo
Libs.private: -lz -lz -lz
Cflags: -I${includedir}/cairo
[doublepost=1497854726,1497854629][/doublepost]@edgex004 will do! I plan on making a pnd with a default configuration for pandora and a couple extra tools (polybar, termite)

@ptitSeb I believe it is. I updated after downloading from here and it should be this version, unless I made some mistake. It is the same file size as the version on this thread as well.

@ptitSeb I believe it is. I updated after downloading from here and it should be this version, unless I made some mistake. It is the same file size as the version on this thread as well.
I have downloaded the pnd from here and extracted the cairo.pc file (don't have a Pandora here). And it reference the 1.15.2.
To be sure you have latest version, try this:
Code:
rustc --version
If Rust is not there, then that mean you probably don't have the latest pnd.

@ptitSeb thanks a lot for taking a look. I'll try again today and will also replace the pnd again to make sure it's the correct version.

yeah, I am doing that right now. Thanks for the heads up. The sdcard goes straight into my laptop this time, which will also save me a bunch of time copying the actual pnd. I think it was still mounted the last time and the file wasn't deleted when I tried to.
[doublepost=1497983993,1497980337][/doublepost]@ptitSeb so far so good. Now i3 configures and it's compiling right now. I am knocking on wood...

Have compiled i3 on the pandora with slackware before which was quite a hassle but overall very straight forward. I am not sure how SZ handles sessions though, I remember fiddling with it once and finding a bunch of hacks instead of an xsession file getting parsed.

Yeah it failed... asciidocs a2x threw some python error. I went to investigate and found out, that it can't import any sys modules for some reason. Can't even open a python shell, fails with the same error. I must have seriously screwed up my system somehow. Think I will just reflash and then try again.

This is the error message btw:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 569, in <module>
    main()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 551, in main
    known_paths = addusersitepackages(known_paths)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 278, in addusersitepackages
    user_site = getusersitepackages()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 253, in getusersitepackages
    user_base = getuserbase() # this will also set USER_BASE
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 242, in getuserbase
    from sysconfig import get_config_var
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/sysconfig.py", line 10, in <module>
    'stdlib': '{base}/'+sys.lib+'/python{py_version_short}',
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'lib'

"which python" gives me /usr/bin/python

Last edited:
Back