Beta ptitSeb's Beta Lair

Ok it is working now! Thank you!

BTW, about the navigation panel I mentioned before, It is called Zenity and It appeared again. I choose the sega bios but after that I saw Yabause was installed on Pandora so I don't think it is related. What's exactly is the Zenity panel?
Zenity is just a tools to build quick and simple gui for simple question.

About the Yabause PND, there is 2 versions of Yabause in the PND. One is Yabause-Qt, that use ... Qt ... and has a full Gui (done in Qt of course) and is the most feature complete. The only drawback is that you need an SGX driver that can work in a window. Default driver are fine (it's just latest 4.04+ that wont work). The other version is Yabause-SDL, that work was a quickly done SDL frontend, feature no gui at all. Here, I use a simple Zenity file-choose to let the user choose an ISO. Maybe you are refering to that?
[doublepost=1491491452,1491491372][/doublepost]
For Brutal Doom lovers, dev diary from two days ago :

I hope it's work (with good speed) on the Pandora version! It's impressive what is done with the DooM Engine!

To try to explain myself better (damn languages walls) I am going to tell you what exactly I do:

- I run the PND on the first page of this thread using the command "pnd_run" (and with sudo).
- A script run with several lines and, after the third or fourth zenity open.
- I select the bios, zenity close, the scripts continue and it close itself.
- After that I have Yabause installed on Pandora (under Start - Emulators)

To try to explain myself better (damn languages walls) I am going to tell you what exactly I do:

- I run the PND on the first page of this thread using the command "pnd_run" (and with sudo).
- A script run with several lines and, after the third or fourth zenity open.
- I select the bios, zenity close, the scripts continue and it close itself.
- After that I have Yabause installed on Pandora (under Start - Emulators)

Mmm,
I think this is what is happening:

1. As soon as you put the PND in a place scanned by pnd deamon (inside /media/SDCARD/pandora/menu for example, with SDCARD the name of your sdcard or mmcsomething if it has noname), the pnd deamon will rescan PNDs to populate the menu.
2. Meanwhile, you use pnd_run to launch one of the version of Yabause from the PND. I guess the SDL version is launching, and the Zenity dialogue to open a Disc and then, depending on wich script is running, trying (or not) to start SDL version of Yabause. As it just exist, I guess it's "runyab.sh" that will not launch a Yabause version by itself (runsdl.sh does).
3. When finished, the pnd daemon as finished populating the menu, both Yabause-Qt and Yabause-SDL are now in the menu.

Hi all :)

@ptitSeb : I have yet another stupid question for you regarding your latest beta Code::Blocks :p

I'm trying to compile some code on the Pandora. It fails because "TIOCSIG" is defined neither in asm/ioctls.h nor in asm-generic/ioctls.h. I had a quick look at Linux 3.2.88 source code, and some files were indeed different (and TIOCSIG was defined):

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linu...arm/include/asm/ioctls.h?id=refs/tags/v3.2.88

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linu...ude/asm-generic/ioctls.h?id=refs/tags/v3.2.88

Is there something you could do about it ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

@ptitSeb : I have yet another stupid question for you regarding your latest beta Code::Blocks :p

I'm trying to compile some code on the Pandora. It fails because "TIOCSIG" is defined neither in asm/ioctls.h nor in asm-generic/ioctls.h. I had a quick look at Linux 3.2.88 source code, and some files were indeed different (and TIOCSIG was defined):

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linu...arm/include/asm/ioctls.h?id=refs/tags/v3.2.88

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linu...ude/asm-generic/ioctls.h?id=refs/tags/v3.2.88

Is there something you could do about it ?

Cheers, Magic Sam
Bah not really, as it's a newer kernel then what the Pandora has, but you can add the define yourself in the file that wants it, an dit should build...

Thanks @ptitSeb, that did the trick !

Another issue I have with that piece of code is that I don't really understand how SDL and OpenGL ES work together... This is an SDL 1.2 application, compatible with OpenGL ES 2.0. So far (after setting export SDL_VIDEO_GLES2=1 and export SDL_VIDEO_GL_DRIVER=libGLESv2.so) it fails with:
Notice: [SDL] Video Info: 800, 480, hardware acceleration: no, window manager: yes, MSAA: 4
platform_video_init() failed.
Error: couldn't initialize video subsystem. Check permissions, try other video platform options (-f, -w, -h)
Video platform environment variables:
(...)

Video platform initialization failed
Aborted

The developper told me the call SDL_SetVideoMode(800, 480, 32, SDL_OPENGL) was failing, and that I had to use SDL_SetVideoMode(800, 480, 16, SDL_OPENGLES) instead, as per pandorawiki.org:

https://pandorawiki.org/GLES#1:_Grab_the_modified_version_of_SDL

But in order for this to work, do I need to use Cpasjuste version ?

https://github.com/Cpasjuste/SDL-13

Cheers, Magic Sam

@Magic Sam : SDL 1.3 is in fact ... SDL 2.0 so no.

What you need is to add "eglport" from pickle to your project. You create a regular SDL 1.2 Screen (non-opengl), then you use eglport (with "EGL_Open(800,480);" ) to create the correct GLES2 context. Look in my github account for example. f1spirit use eglport, but with GLES1.1, and is easy to follow. You can also look at Eldritch, that also use eglport with an GLES2 context, but is harder to read. There is also some wiki page somewhere.

Codeblocks PND is back in the beta lair!
[doublepost=1494880304,1494874362][/doublepost]So along with gcc 7.1 in the new codeblocks beta, you can find a beta a Me-TV (warning, untested, and this one save it's config in the NAND it seems).

I thank you very much for creating that Me-TV PND :D

Unfortunaly it do not work with my Technisat CableStar Combo HD CI and
not with my fully registerred V4l2 Device Terratec Cinergy HTC USB XS.
RegisterredDVBDevice.jpg

Me-Tv PND should give me now the Chance to Scan the Channels by itself..but it did not.
It want a Channels.conf instead of creating the Channels.conf by itself.

My Terratec Device is fully registered as V4L2 Device video0 but its not found from this PND yet :(
TextDevice.jpg

[doublepost=1494883851,1494883420][/doublepost]Edit:
Ah some missing Libs in the PND Runout:
=======================================================================================
PND : /media/BOOT/pandora/desktop/metv
PND_FSTYPE : directory
APPDATADIR : /media/BOOT/pandora/appdata/me-tv
APPDD_FSTYPE : vfat
PND_CPUSPEED : <unset>
EXENAME : runscript.sh
ARGUMENTS : <unset>
=======================================================================================
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount --bind -o ro "/media/BOOT/pandora/desktop/metv" "/mnt/utmp/me-tv"
mount: warning: /mnt/utmp/me-tv seems to be mounted read-write.
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/BOOT/pandora/appdata/me-tv=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/me-tv=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/me-tv"
[SUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( runscript.sh ) ----------
libffi.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Failed to load module: /mnt/utmp/me-tv/lib/gio/modules/libgiofam.so
libgnutls.so.30: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Failed to load module: /mnt/utmp/me-tv/lib/gio/modules/libgiognutls.so
libproxy.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Failed to load module: /mnt/utmp/me-tv/lib/gio/modules/libgiolibproxy.so
libffi.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Failed to load module: /mnt/utmp/me-tv/lib/gio/modules/libgiofam.so
libgnutls.so.30: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Failed to load module: /mnt/utmp/me-tv/lib/gio/modules/libgiognutls.so
libproxy.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Failed to load module: /mnt/utmp/me-tv/lib/gio/modules/libgiolibproxy.so

(me-tv-client:5212): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to set the permissions of `/mnt/utmp/me-tv/home/recently-used.xbel', but failed: Operation not permitted

(me-tv-client:5212): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to set the permissions of `/mnt/utmp/me-tv/home/recently-used.xbel', but failed: Operation not permitted
Me TV 1.4.0.58
Kill me-tv-server now, so the PND can unmount
[SUCCESS]--- Starting the application ( runscript.sh ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring nub mode ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Restoring nub mode ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/me-tv': Device or resource busy
[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
cleanup done
[SUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------
Return code is : 15

I have just updated the PND, adding the missing libs.
But I odn't think that will solve the "Channels" issue. What is this "scan" command they are refering? It's not built from me-tv, is there some other package that should also be built?
Shall a command line for me-tv be created also?

The missing Files where added,the PND Runout seem to be fine now ;)

Unfortunaly this DVB USB Adapters i used..are maybe not fully registered as i thought.

This Scan Application for the Terminal is easy to install into the Pandora Zaxxon with:
Code:
sudo opkg install dvb-scan
..and even this do not find my DVB Dongles.

I must try more with Firmware Files or Drivers.
Your ME-TV PND seem to work fine.
I am Curious if i can find the right DVB Firmware Files for my rescent 2 Devices.

In Germany DVB-T is Shut off and DVB-T 2 have new Frequencies...but i still want to use it for DVB-C with Cable TV :D

@ptitSeb : python 2.7 fails when called from Code::Blocks:
/mnt/utmp/codeblocks$ python
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 569, in <module>
main()
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 551, in main
known_paths = addusersitepackages(known_paths)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 278, in addusersitepackages
user_site = getusersitepackages()
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 253, in getusersitepackages
user_base = getuserbase() # this will also set USER_BASE
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 242, in getuserbase
from sysconfig import get_config_var
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/sysconfig.py", line 10, in <module>
'stdlib': '{base}/'+sys.lib+'/python{py_version_short}',
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'lib'

Setting PYTHONHOME to /usr/lib/python2.7/ partially solves this issue:
/mnt/utmp/codeblocks$ export PYTHONHOME="/usr/lib/python2.7/"
/mnt/utmp/codeblocks$ python
ImportError: No module named site

What am I doing wrong ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

@Magic Sam : that's because it's using Python from the firmware. Grab "wxPython" PND and you'll have a newer version (it will be automounted with codeblocks). Also, check your Python script and if it start with "#!/usr/bin/python" in that case, change to "#!/mnt/utmp/wxpython/bin/python" for example.

Last edited:
Thanks for the Informations.
My Problem is that my Terratec Cinergy USB HTC XS Dongle is automatic Mounted as V4L2 Device.
..but not as DVB Device.
I tried some other Firmware Files for it but ever the Same here.

Same Problem with my Technisat DVB-C USB Combo CI Box.

When the Tuners are not registerred as DVB Device..
..then shurely can Me-Tv not find one.

Unfortunaly i got all my old working DVB-T into the Trash because no need more here in Germany for them( because DVB-T 2 changing in Germany)

I must read and try more..
..maybe with some Modprobe Things to get it work.

Do anyone other can Confirm that the Me-Tv PND is working fine?

Zaxxon does not support my rescent TV Dongles out of the Box.

Added a new beta of Pacifi3D in the 1st post (the 3D Pacman emulator). this is an updtaed version compared to the one already in the Forum, with frameskipping and faster (and better) sound, making the PND playable now (on Gigahertz model at least).

@ptitSeb : another Python related issue with your latest beta Code::Blocks:
~$ pip2
bash: /mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/bin/pip2: /mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/bin/python: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

I tried to symlink /mnt/utmp/wxpython/bin/python to /mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/bin, but that only led to more errors...

Pip3 is working fine though.

What am I doing wrong ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

Back