Beta Psx4Pandora Beta

Scaling doesn't work well in some games, for example the crash bandicoot 2 is displayed in widescreen if the "scale fullscreen" is off.

edit: loving the emulator, the biggest issue for me is the jittering/tinny/weird sound in games but otherwise I have had many games working fullspeed.

Hi Zodttd, thanks for the update, the framerate seems wrong with the frame limiter on, its a little slower than it should be and the sound is very tripy, the first release's sound was better and fluid but far out of sync,

I am really enjoying this emulator for now i'll carry on using the first release, I look forward to seeing more updates mate good stuff and thanks for all your efforts :D

Edit, I'm testing using Pandemonium,

Can someone please test alien trilogy this game is impossible to play as it's too dark and when you try to increase the brightness the walls seem to look silver almost transparent. Anyone had this problem? The thing is it has got worse with each new release of the emulator.

I think speed is better in latest release thing that puts me off the most is the sound.

But it's early days to have the emulator where it is now is fantastic almost full speed in some games :)

Another great update Zod. Only a matter of time before it's running near perfect.

Has anyone gotten Policenauts to run? When I select my english patched file, it just kicks out to the desktop. I'm gonna try and dig out my original Japanese iso, and see how that fairs.

Chris

jumpman said:
Another great update Zod. Only a matter of time before it's running near perfect.

Has anyone gotten Policenauts to run? When I select my english patched file, it just kicks out to the desktop. I'm gonna try and dig out my original Japanese iso, and see how that fairs.

Chris

Thanks. Keep me updated on Policenauts. Wondering if it's the patch or not. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
After trying gradius gaiden and then road rash, exited the emulator and it seemed to have messed with the calibration data, maybe due to changes in the res.

eventually fixed - check this thread for more details http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/54246-touchscreen-issue/page__p__872395&#entry872395

Thought it may be worth mentioning in case it could be an ongoing issue

I have the sound issue as well. Just thought I would list the games that I have had the troubles with, since they haven't been mentioned yet:

• Symphony of The Night
  • FFVII
  • Tiny Tank

Those are the only games I've tried so far with the emulator, and while they seem to work well, the sound is very scratchy.

-God Ginrai

Any chance of a source code post soon, or is that going to arrive after the emulator is being less heavily developed?

Alright, just tried the Japanese Policenauts, and it does the same as the english patched version. You select the game, and then it just dumps you back out to the desktop(weird).

Also Zod, can you fix Ape Escape if possible, as it requires dual analog, and once the game boots, it tells you the you need to plug in dual analog. Once it decides you don't have it, this game also dumps out to the desktop. I know the left analog is supported now, but what about the right? This is one of the only games I know of the "requires" a dual analog controller. I would love to test the analog nubs with this one. Cool game!

Chris

PokeParadox said:
Yeah, now we just need Tinnus to come out of hiding and give us some hardware accelerated lovin' :p
I'll be sure to ring him a bell.

jumpman said:
Also Zod, can you fix Ape Escape if possible, as it requires dual analog, and once the game boots, it tells you the you need to plug in dual analog. Once it decides you don't have it, this game also dumps out to the desktop. I know the left analog is supported now, but what about the right? This is one of the only games I know of the "requires" a dual analog controller. I would love to test the analog nubs with this one. Cool game!
That is probably a problem of the emulator reporting itself as being a non-analog controller rather than supporting both analogs instead of just one. That should be easy enough to fix if it doesn't break any other games :p We'll look into it :)

Tinnus said:
PokeParadox said:
Yeah, now we just need Tinnus to come out of hiding and give us some hardware accelerated lovin' :p

Great to hear. Btw, didn't you used to have a smiley face avatar or something?

-God Ginrai

Tinnus said:
PokeParadox said:

jumpman said:
That is probably a problem of the emulator reporting itself as being a non-analog controller rather than supporting both analogs instead of just one. That should be easy enough to fix if it doesn't break any other games :p We'll look into it :)
Your back!

It is like Blues brothers or something where they are getting the band back together.

Could be exiting times ahead with the Pandora.

zodttd said:
DaveC: The Playstation 1 can use a multitude of resolution combo's and change them out internally on the fly. The most common resolution is 320x240 which will scale 2x by default. I made the package as a PND and it follows the outlines for the spec laid out here http://pandorawiki.org/Libpnd_hub ...Basically place the pnd in /pandora/apps/ and you'll see it on the desktop when you place your SD in. The BIOS and games go in /pandora/appdata/

Uploading a video I just took of Wipeout XL being played at 600MHz on v1.0b2 of psx4pandora. :)

Thanks!

What resolutions does the PSX do regularly (as in 90% of games, not the one or two oddballs) ? I am curious of that.

I got this to work, it is pretty decent at this point. The sound needs work but you know that, it sounds like you ae under water and it is like 5 second delayed (ok exagerated but the delay is pretty severe).

I noticed something about the graphics, they are filtered and look fuzzy. Could you add a menu option to get rid of that? It looks too blurry and it looks like it is expensive CPU wise to do all of that blurring together. I imagine you could get a few FPS by just doing the 2X and no filter.

Thanks for the great work, it is shaping up nicely.

Back