Psx4gp2x Public Beta 4 Released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres another 2 echonight and medal of honour 2. I wasnt expecting medal of honour to be soooo fast !!

Medal Of Honour VIDEO

Echonight VIDEO

Last edited by a moderator:
has any1 tried ddr?

also if that was medal of honour 2 with sound, how does medal of honour 1 run without sound

seems to me judging by the first video that if moh 1 worked then it wuld be really playable without sound

I found out that FF7 with progressive interlacing at 1 is very smooth (20/23 FPS, but looks near to fullspeed) and still looks good
But unfortunately battles are still slows, and progressive interlace cause some missing menues :(

I found that i actually have 2 medal of honour 1s and the this other oen works :D made a video but ite not much different. I turned sound of half way through and it was slightly faster. Im just fixin the video thne uploadin it to youtube.

Shikaku posted on Oct 5 2006 at 12:13 PM said:
Jarska333 posted on Oct 5 2006 at 12:12 PM said:
What exactly is full speed for PSX?

Tough question. Maybe 60, 30, 15. It depends on what the PSX is doing at the time.

its (this is all for NTSC of course)
59.9 for most in game stuff
30.0 for most mpeg2/FMVs (to reduce space needed for the videos, the devs framed it to 30. your eye really cant tell the difference.
15.0 maybe for the loading screens? i've never seen this framerate in any game offhand...

PAL resolutions/ framerates are different of course, but i dont remember offhand what they are, because i dont own any pal games, let alone a pal psx, or pal tv....

pal is 50hz (just like the electricity socket frequency basically, but now it's not so linked anymore)
that makes 50fps, or 25 images if you consider the tv's interlacing i don't know if the PAL videos are running at 25fps or 30...

ANYWAY that's all software, the PAL PSXs are totally capable to run at 60hz, there is no 60hz game due to devs lazyness ...
same for pal PS2 ...

sephiroth111 posted on Oct 7 2006 at 05:44 AM said:

Tough question. Maybe 60, 30, 15. It depends on what the PSX is doing at the time.

30.0 for most mpeg2/FMVs (to reduce space needed for the videos, the devs framed it to 30. your eye really cant tell the difference.
15.0 maybe for the loading screens? i've never seen this framerate in any game offhand...

PAL resolutions/ framerates are different of course, but i dont remember offhand what they are, because i dont own any pal games, let alone a pal psx, or pal tv....

Wrong! ;) Most PSX FMVs, if you rip them, are 15FPS.

Heres a medal of honour 1 video .

Medal Of Honour 1 VIDEO

I turned sound of half way into it and it dosnt make it much faster really. Ive got a video of thrill kill and tenchu but i just need to encode them and upload them first.

Psx4gp2x team : you should try working on interlaced redenring (stretched interlace, or progressive interlace) because they provide huge speed increase on 3D games! Breath of Fire 3 runs a bit slow, but very smooth, as I said FF7 runs very good, but combat are slows and some menues missing

GP2X may not be able to run fullspeed 3D games, but with some tricks, they will be comfortably fast ;)

sephiroth111 posted on Oct 7 2006 at 05:44 AM said:

Your name also suggests you are wrong about the 15fps bit. Iirc FF7's battle sequences and world map are at 15fps, and FFVIII's certainly are.
On the PS1, most in game stuff runs at 30fps in 3d.

reiboul posted on Oct 7 2006 at 01:19 PM said:
Breath of Fire 3 runs a bit slow, but very smooth, as I said FF7 runs very good, but combat are slows and some menues missing

Imo Breath Of Fire 3 runs *very* good :) (266Mhz+RAM Hack)
Actually played through a few battles, maybe more later, YES its fun :p

Wolfsclaw posted on Oct 7 2006 at 02:12 PM said:
Breath of Fire 3 runs a bit slow, but very smooth, as I said FF7 runs very good, but combat are slows and some menues missing

Does the ram timing stuff make a noticeable difference?

i keep meaning to try that ram thing but does it really do anythin ? oh i just tryed time crisis and it wa sreally good untill you just about to start then it gos black but you still hear the sound, But i made a video of some of the imtro :D

Moxie posted on Oct 7 2006 at 02:15 PM said:
Wolfsclaw posted on Oct 7 2006 at 02:12 PM said:

Does the ram timing stuff make a noticeable difference?

Maybe a fps or two. Not much, but still..
(It really rocks in SquidgeSnes btw)

Edit: Is Memory Card deactivated? :eek:
I have a savestate for FF7, but when i load it, i do not hear the sound (sound is on), so i tried so save via memory card and then reload the iso + load from memory card so i have sound again. :/

Heres another

TIME CRISIS VIDEO

This release is great :D i just tryed resident evil 3 and it was much faster than i thougth it woudl be. Im uploadin a vidoe just now of it.

Zodttd is teh zaurus one really faster than this ? coz my zaurus left japan yesterday so i shoudl have it by monday or tuesday :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back