Psx4gp2x Dynarec Status Update

New in build 040607:
- Performance gains. Some games up to 6 FPS faster than build 040507!
- Loading a new game within a current game now works. :)

Get it while it's still fresh. :p

I'm about to test rhapsody...I have high hopes for this game. :D

Edit: Oh damn. That was fast Zod! Downloading now...

Aaaaaargh! MUST...RIP...FFVII...DISCS...

Also - Must fix knackered SD card (something happened when my card reader glitched, and now it is un-writeable), and must implement that third battery thing or start carrying a humungous car battery around...

Those of you who get playable FFVII, what settings are you using, in terms of over/underclocking?

*salivating*

una-i said:
Umm about the tekken think, as progrsive render each time one frame... if blitting and rendering are desincroniced it look bad, ussually for teken the key is to use interlace 1 and prograsive off, before launching the game.
That's what I'm doing... Interlace 1 and progressive off, the game is fullscreen without black lines :)

Last edited by a moderator:
reiboul: Actually thats an error, 640x480 should be interlaced at 320x240, instead its just 2x scaled. Oops. :p ...Performance would be slightly better with correct interlaced blits.

hey Zod your new build is really faster, but unfortunately Resident Evil 1 seems not to be the correct resolution anymore :( screen isn't the correct ratio and the stat text looks stretched :(

*edit* FOrget it, it's just loading a new game without restarting the emu :(
I ran FF7, then RE1, and it looked bad :(
Now I just ran RE1, then Tekken 3, and no errors. Then I launched FF7 again, and same bug... Weird :)

reiboul: It should be scaled to 320x240. It must be using an odd ratio resolution combination. I'll look into this.

If memory card access is freezing the emulator or preventing a save, try changing the underclock setting to around 120 and work your way down until it "figures out" theres a memory card.

Yeah this works, on spyro I had to downclock the psx to 5% (No it didn't crash!) I upped it once in game then and saved to a savestate. Spyro is running at about 8fps in game with lots of busyness. May I ask have we started to use the second processor yet? If not then I have very great hopes for this emu!!

I'm going to try Worms Armageddon now. Reckon its probably a bad port from the pc Though. Great work Unai, Zodttd, and co.

zodttd said:
reiboul: It should be scaled to 320x240. It must be using an odd ratio resolution combination. I'll look into this.

I edited my post... it was just a matter of loading a new game without restarting the emu

BTW, If Resident Evil menu would work, it would be a very playable game ;)

Einhander is running quite smoothly at 200mhz with cpu underclocked to 40%, even with sound on it appears to be quite playable. Great work. :D

Video of FF7 with the latest build up on youtube. ( Takes real long for it to process.. <_< )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJCoDAbDo1M

GP2X Clock: 250 MHz
RAM Timings: ON
Interlace: 0
Progressive: NO
PSX Clock: ~15-30%

FF7 is REALLY fast now, 20 fps in-game constantly. :D

Worms is playable with sound! (music turned down) about 9ish mostly sometimes up to 20 at 250/35%. It weirdly goes to 25fps at 50% or so but really sloooowly. So lots of frames but timers all messed up??? Videos are cool too.

It doesn't need a whole load of fps anyway, just response, so it is playable. the ound is slightly corrupted but you definitely get those wormy voices!

In other news Vagrant Story still is content to sit at 8-9fps...

craigix said:
Wow, anyone who thinks the GP2X can't do PSX emulation needs to watch that wipeout video - and Zod has said there is still much room for optimisation!

The fastest PSX emu ever made on any system? Has to be!
Faster than on the PSP? :huh:

Back