Psx4gp2x Dynarec Status Update

Are you using the new controls?

NOTE:
MENU SYSTEM IS NOW CONTROLLED BY VOLUME_MIDDLE

UNDER/OVERCLOCKING THE PSX TIMER IS CONTROLLED WITH R_TRIG AND VOL_DOWN/VOL_UP

PROGRESSIVE INTERLACING IS ON BY DEFAULT

Uploading a new vid of FF7 onto youtube, this time with sound. :)
It sounds really good actually. It's not horrible.. really, it sounds good.

However, when playing on your 2X it's a bit loud, so I hope zodttd will implement some form of volume control soon.
If you don't have headphones with volumecontrol and is using the GP2X speakers, sound can be really loud.

I will record more tomorrow, right now I'm after the first reactor blowup part when you return to sector 7. In the house talking with Tifa etc.. It goes up to 25-30 fps. :D (250 MHz)
But it's a small building, and not too much action going on in there.
Still though, it's practically full speed right there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH-F6-8YQ_4

However, this video isn't showing that, it's right before the first boss in the game.

Well, it's still processing on youtube which could take hours.
But I'm going to bed, so I'll put the link up there for people to check on when it's online.
FF7 with sound, more videos coming.

Last edited by a moderator:
ydderf45 said:
well the psp emu is sort of stolen from what i heard >_>
... that doesn't answer my question.

Goobers said:
I think that he meant fastest in terms of performance vs. clock speed
Really?

The fastest PSX emu ever made on any system? Has to be!

I'd like a retraction then <_<

No. I asked a legitimate question, since I don't have access to any means of testing this ATM, and since Craig made such a bold, clear statement as to its speed, I wanted a clear answer to my question.

Goobers said:
I think that he meant fastest in terms of performance vs. clock speed
Doesn't it run fullspeed at 222 MHz on the PSP? I know PSX is no where near fullspeed at even 240 MHz on the Gp2X so that ain't it.

TelcoLou said:
No. I asked a legitimate question, since I don't have access to any means of testing this ATM, and since Craig made such a bold, clear statement as to its speed, I wanted a clear answer to my question.
I didn't need to know all of that.

LegendaryMachine said:
TelcoLou said:
I didn't need to know all of that.

Then think of it as a gift ...

craigix said:
Yes I think it is, do you know of a faster PSX emu?
Why do you answer questions with another question?

From what I understand, the PSX fucntionality on the PSP is via an emulator. You said this one (Psx4GP2x) is

"The fastest PSX emu ever made on any system? Has to be!"

Is it faster than the emulator on the PSP? (which is to the best of my knowledge, another handheld system)

I thought the question was simple ... maybe not simple enough.

Sigh. I dunno what's up with you tonight, but i'm not going to get into some kind of spacker internet argument, i'm pretty sure other posters know exactly what I mean, and understand the hardware differences.

I tried one of the earlier new versions with sound, and yes it is really loud. So loud in fact, I was afraid I might blow out the GP2X speakers! So sound is off for me until ZodTTD implements volume control.

On the debate regarding this being the fastest performing emulator to date, that's only if the PSP one doesn't count, which is a pretty arbitrary statement.

Actually, maybe VGS was more optimised in its final form, I forgot about that one, but of course Zod isn't finished yet.

craigix said:
Sigh. I dunno what's up with you tonight, but i'm not going to get into some kind of spacker internet argument, i'm pretty sure other posters know exactly what I mean, and understand the hardware differences.
youve done 3 posts completely avoiding the question. As far as I know the psp emulator is simply an emulator just like this one on the gp2x but sony made it. wtf are the hardware differences? is the psp emulator some sort of mips to mips translation and not an emulator or what?

I think there is no point in trying to pry an answer out of craigix; I think we all know his position by now pretty well (from a marketing and seller's standpoint). Anyway, I'd rather not clutter up ZodTTD's thread, so this is my last comment on this.

Back