Psx4gp2x Dynarec Status Update

Yeah I agree, mem card support could be a distraction. Anyway I just tested Colin McCrae rally, and I seems really playable at **270**. The fps counter says 7-8, but it seemed better than that. I also set the psx timer to 40%. I feel like I could play this game... if it weren't so difficult...

Mh, interesting. With a progressive interlace of 1 everthing works okay, except in the FF9 battle screens. I get a black screen then oO The black screen disappears when i disable progressive interlacing oO

una-i said:
evol said:
@unai/zodttd

a long time ago i tried to explain my thoughts on a tv like scanline rendering i did not take into account that im not very good at explaining but the bottom line was that i thought that the psx rendered 2 passes of one whole picture in a Tv scanline manner like

A. first scanline pass 1 3 5 7 8
B. second scanline pass 0 2 4 6 8

###scanline rendering Algoritm ###
###source http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scanline_rendering###

i hope that it explains what i was rambling about.
i know it mostly applies to 3d rendering, but sprites are handled in a similar fashion on the psx by the GTE as explained here.

### psx GTE sprite vs regular sprite ###
###source http://www.zophar.net/tech/files/playstation.htm###
btw im so happy the team took up this Emu again ridin the zodttdtrain is so much fun :)

Dont take this as unpolite... its not my intentions (I also have transalationproblems)

1- Did you test the emu? interlaced rendering with progressive on makes exactli wha you say and more, please test it. That feature has been there for ages

2- aet is interestin with zbuffer and so...psx dont has zbuffer neither poligo soting its done by the game

3- I didnt leva the train... I have continue workin on the emu... only that um not so social as zottd

like you im hm.. not very social. so i it can be hard to get my words across with their meaning intact

but i see what you mean and point is taken.
i just wanted to get my message across and not insult you.
and i sometimes seem to forget that you are a Team and that you all are excellent coders that have been coding on this a long time ... im sorry for that my ignorance shines thru sometimes
im very grateful for all the efforts "psx4all Team" produces

i mostly watch psx demos on your emu (pouet.net)and some of them just makes my jaw drop

if you want anybody to find/share specific psx documentation for you to use in your emu just let me know and i will scout the internet like a blood hound.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eugh, just lost my FFVII save state >.<

Don't make saves while paused!

I realy don't want to start it over right now, but uhum, here I go again! heh

I noticed some games like Tekken 3 are 640x480 (I guess...)
If you turn interlacing 1 on, you will see 1 line out of 2, and as the scaling remove 1 line out of 2 (to make 640 pixels fit in 320), fortunately it takes only black lines out of the screen!

With simples word, it means with high-res games, you can turn interlacing to 1 without seeing any differences :)

Zod please tell me, is it possible to also have vertical interlacing, as well as horizontal?
So with high-res games (or even non high-res games) you could show 1 column and 1 row out of 2, so a 640x480 game will only display 320x240 pixels instead of 320x480 with horizontal interlacing 1

I have another suggestion : is it possible to use interlacing, don't show the black lines and use the scaler instead to stretch the image to fullscreen?

Looking forward as usual ;) you're really good!

Hey Guys
just tested "Command and Conquer - Red Alert Retalation (NTSC)"
It runs very well
a very good thing is that this game have a turbo mode, so the movment is really faster
anyway... here are my results

with sound off, interlaced off, Cpu clock at 65%
i got 16fps -> 20fps

ive tried to set the cpu to 30% like every one else here...
i got 25fps -> 30fps (full speed! :))
but the game itself was very slow (i had alot of units on the screen)
so that didn't worked well for me....

zodttd and una-i, Great job mates!
B)

edit: oops... forgot something.... cpu at 266Mhz, ram tweaks are on :)

Just tried tombi on default settings (except with fps showing) and i get about 5 more fps overall. Great release thanks all who are working on it!

Unfortunatly it always seems to crash just after the start of the main game but there is enough time to see what it is running at

280mhz and ram timings are on.

30% psx clock

17 fps
28 vsync

Hi! Great videos!

Wipeout 1 is more than playable at 266MHz or higher!

If memory card access is freezing the emulator or preventing a save, try changing the underclock setting to around 120 and work your way down until it "figures out" theres a memory card. Some games just wait in a loop until it can detect a memory card slot at all. This is will be fixed very soon hopefully. Some games I just cant get to save such as FF7, so savestates were my only method.

Memory card saves are much more compatible throughout different builds over savestates. Savestate data format can change, memory card format rarely ever will.

So some videos I'd like to see personally at a nice overclock and good underclock settings:
Wipeout 1 (the original, not XL) - This is very fast now!
FF7 (might want to turn off interlacing though)
Strikers 1945 II (PLEASE HELP GET A VIDEO OF THIS! Its fullspeed and fun!)
There's other games that run very well or even fullspeed, but these are ones I personally tested myself. If you know of a game that runs really well please let all of us know. :)

Time to make things faster...

Hey zodttd
is there any way to fix the diablo problam (stuck after the blizzard logo)?
i really really like this game, and playing it on the gp2x will be awesome!

tnx man :)

I could make videos of FF7 and Wipeout tonight. ( If Wipeout 1 == Wipeout 2097 )
However, I do not have my tv-out cable yet, only a digital camera with video capture functionality.

Still interested?

Wipeout 1 is 2097, yes. :)
I'd love to see the videos you make. :)

As for Diablo: It might work if you change the clockspeed before that point. It may be getting stuck due to the default psx underclock. Use R_TRIGGER + VOLUME UP/DOWN.

Wipeout 1 is Wipeout.
Wipeout 2097= Wipeout XL== Wipeout 2
:D

I am gonna test it just right now, Wipeout is my favourite game with 2097 as well.

Right, so Wipeout 2097 is Wipeout 2.. Well, I might make a video of it anyway tonight.
I managed to rip it when using Alcohol 120% instead of Isobuster. :)

Have to wait until it gets dark though, since I'm using a camera and not tv-out cable.
Or you would only be seeing my reflection in the screen instead of the actual game. :p

EDIT: I get 9 fps in-game, about 12 fps with 1 Interlace + Progressive.

I have a problem with Micro Machine V3 .. i don't see the cars :-S With all this nightly builds .. with 040407 i see the shadow .. but today nothing (for information it runs at 18-23 fps wihtout sound @266 CPU@50% RAM TWEAK on)

i tested with an old release.. and the cars are visible !

Jaylink said:
Video of Wipeout is on it's way ^^
Great! Like to see how smooth it plays. I've just seen a demo on youtube and it looks like a great game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back