Psx4gp2x Dynarec Status Update

Waiting a release tonight :)

I was getting about 14 frames in SOTN at 275 OC in the last public release.

I think I could break the bandwidth limit again just by refreshing this topic and gpsp's one now that Exophase is also speaking about a release!

Hey Zod, what time is it for you? Because it's 4am for me, and I wondered if you were still working that early :p

Still working. :p
I'm testing a build now. If it works well, it'll be the build I'll put up. I don't know why someone would stay up for this version though. :p

zodttd posted on Apr 1 2007 at 02:44 AM said:
I'm testing a build now. If it works well, it'll be the build I'll put up. I don't know why someone would stay up for this version though. :p

whooo I get to be one of the first to download! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
zodttd posted on Apr 1 2007 at 04:44 AM said:

Curiosity, free time and testing :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am wrapping up a build. I reached my mark for 10 FPS in Wipeout XL (slower than Wipeout 1 btw). I actually got up to 12 FPS in Wipeout XL before, so I can probably push this up to 14-15 FPS soon.

The first build has been put up here:
http://www.spookysoftsite.com/psx4gp2x/

EDIT: I can't get directory listing enabled right now. In the meantime you can find it at:
http://www.spookysoftsite.com/psx4gp2x/psx4gp2x_033107.zip

THe format is psx4gp2x_mmddyy.zip where "mm" is month "dd" is day and "yy" is year. If a second release is made in a day there will be a letter appended after "yy" from a to z. Hope this helps.

I'll be around a little bit to answer tech support questions. :p
You will need scph1001.bin psx bios and iso's. Everything is very similar to the original psx4gp2x, since it's basically the same thing but with my dynarec shoved in it alongside Unai's improvements.

Pressing the four hard buttons + L + R close the emulator in weird tradition.

The menu is PUSH STICK + SELECT which will be changed shortly to middle volume.

Settings for overclock, ram tweakings, and graphics/sound arent currently saved.

Not to mention you probably wont be able to load a new game once a game is already loaded. It will require a emulator exit and restart.

To make things run better, turn off sound. You might want to turn off interlacing to get a better picture quality at a loss of a frame or two.

A LOT of performance can be had by pressing PUSH STICK (soon will be remapping) + VOLUME UP/DOWN. By lowering the PSX CLOCK you can make many games go much faster. THe trick is to get the framerate to match the vsync rate as close as possible. It doesnt take much time to figure it out.

Nothing really much more to say, hope oyu have fun seeing this project progress. :)

Wait till you try it. It's greatly improved, but still not spectacular.

Threads of Fate feels smoother, but the FPS thing doesn't seem to reflect that... I'm not quite sure I understand the stick-click and Volume thing. Do I want the PSX clock percent lower or higher?

EDIT: WOOWWWW!!! Threads of Fate is REALLY a lot better! Even some graphic glitches have been fixed up! But I'm still puzzled about this FrameRate thing...

Just downloading but if i remember from earlier versions it depends on teh game but most games improve as you lower the psx clock but sometimes the game will stop if you lower it too much.

EDIT: If i use a ac adaptor of 5v will that break my gp2x ? just i used one by mistake and it was working fine i was using it for a while before i realised it was 5v! Got loads of batteries but most arnt charged :(

Back