Psx4All Released For The Wiz

I would hazard a guess that Zodttd prefers to develop for the iPhone not just due to the size of the userbase but also because of how happy they are to part with sums of money for his emulators ;).

There are people right now working in the psx emulator, but if Zodttd frees the source of his work (he must to) it would be very helpful for the new coders. They are waiting for the Zodttd source code.

Sorry for my lousy english.

I had a formating question pertaining to how to get psx4all to read my games. I have three games that I want to play, only one of them is recognized by psx4all - it is in an .ISO format. The second game that I want to play consists of two files, one is a .cue file and the other is a .bin.ecm file and the third game also consists of two files, a .cue file and a .iso.ecm file. Is there anyway I can convert these files to an ISO format so that psx4all will recognize them? Thanks.

DaveC said:
TitanUranus said:
Either way lets petition the people responsible to do something with it.
You really can't petition what someone wants to do in their free time.
Sure you can DaveC, you can petition anyone you like to do anything you like! A petition is simply a request to change, (or in this case better) something - and by petition I mean organise lots of wiz users to band together and make this request so the developers know there's a lot uf us wanting some more done on psx4all. If they are anything like the UK government the request will most likely be totally ignored, that's up to them, but there's no harm letting them know we want them to continue their good work.

Last edited by a moderator:
kart_racer3 said:
The second game that I want to play consists of two files, one is a .cue file and the other is a .bin.ecm file and the third game also consists of two files, a .cue file and a .iso.ecm file.
The .ecm files are compressed, use this free tool to decompress and obtain the .bin and .iso files.

Hardyx said:
kart_racer3 said:
The second game that I want to play consists of two files, one is a .cue file and the other is a .bin.ecm file and the third game also consists of two files, a .cue file and a .iso.ecm file.
The .ecm files are compressed, use this free tool to decompress and obtain the .bin and .iso files.

I used the software, but psx4all won't recognize the newly created file for some reason.

Edit: Realzed that I needed to convert the .bin file that was created to an iso. However, psx4all will not launch my newly created iso, it just sits at a black screen. Any suggestions?

Edit: This is the process I followed: Used unecm to decompress the image. I then needed a .cue file to go along with the newly created .bin file. So, I used cueMaker to generate a .cue file. I then used PowerISO to convert the .cue file to a .iso image. However, psx4all still won't load the game. Any help is greatly appreciated.

kart_racer3 said:
This is the process I followed: Used unecm to decompress the image. I then needed a .cue file to go along with the newly created .bin file. So, I used cueMaker to generate a .cue file. I then used PowerISO to convert the .cue file to a .iso image. However, psx4all still won't load the game. Any help is greatly appreciated.
kart_racer3 said:
The second game that I want to play consists of two files, one is a .cue file and the other is a .bin.ecm file
Use the .cue file that you have, and not make more conversions after decompress. Psx4all supports .bin/.cue files directly.
First try the game in a pc psx emulator to check it. The image can be bad or unsupported.

TitanUranus said:
If they are anything like the UK government the request will most likely be totally ignored, that's up to them, but there's no harm letting them know we want them to continue their good work.
Well you in the UK are one step above the US government. At least there they just ignore you, in the US they hear the suggestions, then do the exact opposite!

Yes I agree DaveC. Also in the UK we're thick enough to elect the idiots that govern - in the US Al Gore can win an election and G Bush become president! The U.S really should try a system of democratic government where the people elect the leader, not the supreme courts... You know the sort of thing, like they have in Iraq for example. ;)

TitanUranus said:
Yes I agree DaveC. Also in the UK we're thick enough to elect the idiots that govern - in the US Al Gore can win an election and G Bush become president! The U.S really should try a system of democratic government where the people elect the leader, not the supreme courts... You know the sort of thing, like they have in Iraq for example. ;)
Well this is way off topic but until news comes for an update or something for PSX4all...

Well when one party, in this case the Republicans make more supreme court nominations they have the power (among other things like dodgy voting systems) hence GWB in 2000, 2004.

Now in the US the large corporations like big pharma, the military industrial complexes like Halliburton, and big insurance and Wall Street banksters elect leaders by giving huge sums of cash to the politicians. More cash = more advertising = more votes.

On the subject of an update to the psx emulator.. Has anyone heard of anything coming out of South Korea the place where this console actually comes from? I know there was a post about a few commercial games due for release, but what about all the people in countries outside of Europe and America? Out of 6.5 billion people, there cant just be Zod and a few others working on a psx emulator lol

Are we missing out on a load of applications, games and utilities created by East Asian countries?

TitanUranus said:

The US presidential election of 2000 used the same method of democracy adopted by Hamid Karzai in the recent Afghan elections ;)

Back on topic please. Political discussions are ill advised anyway, but if you want to continue the non-PSX4ALL related discussion, please do it in Off-Topic.

I should have my wiz delivered tomorrow and I was wondering: has anyone tested how psx4all fares with 2d games such as castlevania for the psx? would it still require oc?

rex303 said:
I should have my wiz delivered tomorrow and I was wondering: has anyone tested how psx4all fares with 2d games such as castlevania for the psx? would it still require oc?

Castlevania is very slow, unplayable, even when clocked to 800 MHz (=maximum stable for most of us). This emulator is just experimental, no updates for a long time :-(

Sitizen said:
rex303 said:

Castlevania is very slow, unplayable, even when clocked to 800 MHz (=maximum stable for most of us). This emulator is just experimental, no updates for a long time :-(

Confirmed as well. I was screwing around one day and added more bios files to the folder than the readme says to, and I coulda sworn the game did play a hair faster, but it was still wretched.

All of the games "work" properly, they just do it very very slowly, and without sound (or at least without sound worth listening to). You can actually play whatever psx game you feel like, you'll just be playing the entire game in super slow motion, cut scenes included.

Not really true.. Id say only about 20% of the games Ive tried have loaded, most of them squash the game onto the first half of the screen too

Back