Wiz-7800: Atari 7800 Emulator For Wiz V1.1.0

zx-81

Certified Guru
Website
zx81.zx81.free.fr
wiz7800-v110.jpg

Hi All,

ProSystem is the best emulator of Atari 7800 game console, running on Windows system.
It has been written by Greg Stanton,
see http://home.comcast.net/~gscottstanton for details.

Here is a port on GP2X-Wiz of the version i've previously ported to PSP.

Many new features have been added compared to GP2X-F100 version,
such as cheat support, new background images, text/cheat editor etc ...

You can find it here : http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/

or here http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/wiz.cgi?0,0,0,0,71,221

Enjoy,

Zx.

Thanks Again ZX! It runs great like all your work. Now just add 5200 to the roster and I'll be complete!

Another excellent emulator, thank you ZX81.
The transparent keyboard is much better, and the J0/J1/J2 problem has been sorted out (but could the JoyFire option be removed as it's not used)
The emulator still has the old problem of sometimes hanging up on exiting though, and I can't connect to my PC with the USB after (sucsessfully) exiting without restarting the Wiz???
Cheers, Neil

BTW: What does the 'Set Hotkeys' setting do?

Neil L said:
Another excellent emulator, thank you ZX81.
The transparent keyboard is much better, and the J0/J1/J2 problem has been sorted out (but could the JoyFire option be removed as it's not used)

Yes, you're right, the JoyFire was for Gp2x-F100, i can remove it in Wiz version.

Neil L said:
The emulator still has the old problem of sometimes hanging up on exiting though,

Yes, i don't know why. You can may be write a wiz7800.gpu text file with something like :
./wiz7800.gpe
cd /usr/gp2x/
./gp2xmenu

And modify the wiz7800.ini file to launch the gpu file instead of the binary gpe.

Neil L said:
and I can't connect to my PC with the USB after (sucsessfully) exiting without restarting the Wiz???

i haven't tried. Btw i'm not using USB cable, i'm using a micro sd card and SD card adapter not to use the buggy GPH usb stuff ...

Neil L said:
BTW: What does the 'Set Hotkeys' setting do?

There is hotkeys by default for example you can save the state using L+X. This is what i call "Hotkeys". And when you choose the "Set Hotkeys" options then it restores only the default hotkeys mapping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the great work again. Seems to work pretty well on Wiz.

I've only tested a few roms, but I've noticed that 'Ikari Warriors' only displays the background in-game, and 'Xenophobe' freezes at the title screen. Also, the graphics for 'Ninja Golf' just display a black bar. Has anyone else had this problem?

Hombre Blanco said:
I've only tested a few roms, but I've noticed that 'Ikari Warriors' only displays the background in-game, and 'Xenophobe' freezes at the title screen. Has anyone else had this problem?

I haven't tried Xenophobe but I get the same result in Ikari Warriors. I can hear stuff but can't see it.

zx-81 said:
Neil L said:
(but could the JoyFire option be removed as it's not used)

Yes, you're right, the JoyFire was for Gp2x-F100, i can remove it in Wiz version.

Neil L said:
The emulator still has the old problem of sometimes hanging up on exiting though,

Yes, i don't know why. You can may be write a wiz7800.gpu text file with something like :
./wiz7800.gpe
cd /usr/gp2x/
./gp2xmenu

And modify the wiz7800.ini file to launch the gpu file instead of the binary gpe.

I'll try a .gpu later & let you know how I get on.
If the 'JoyFire' option's removed, could the game name (Game:.....) be moved over to the left? (so the whole name is shown as usually part of it is missing)
Also, could the full names be shown on the game selection screen and the other menu screens? (on the joystick one, it overlaps one of the options)
Cheers for the quick reply, Neil

Update: I've tried using a .gpu but I still get the same problem, you can't connect with the USB after the 1st exit and it hangs up on the 2nd. :(

Back