Psx4All Released For The Wiz

Exophase said:
I don't know why you all are posting FPS when zodttd said the FPS counter is broken.
Yeah, that's what I've been wondering. It is kinda difficult to report how well something works without a working frame-rate counter.

I was gonna try some more games but my internet has slowed to a crawl, I can't download anything over about 50 megs unless I wanna wait a day, unfortunately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exophase said:
[...]
I don't know why you all are posting FPS when zodttd said the FPS counter is broken.

Had frame skip disabled. The reported frame rate appeared to be accurate (3 times faster than the other emu which means 50% speed in this case).

What are the buttons for R2 and L2 since the wiz doesnt have them? :blink:

Hi,

I apologize for my absence as of late. I haven't been feeling too well the past two days and had a lot of work to do regardless of health. :p

I'm reading through all the posts now. If I missed anything important, let me know again.

Thanks!

Do you have an approximate date for new version? Will there be improvement in the new version?

Thanks you.

While I don't have even a ballpark figure for when I will have a new version, I want the next update to have higher accuracy when it comes to timings. This will help me get a grasp on things that should be simple, like reporting FPS.

Maybe I will bother talk to Exophase and see if he can lend a hand somehow someway. :p

Anyone tried out Front Mission yet?
I know there's a fatal bug using it on the PSP pops emulator.
Crashes during certain animations.

WWF Smackdown 2: Know your Role looks really good on this emu.

It runs at half speed and the sound is obviously distorted but it is kind of playable.

Hi!

The console can be overclocked to 833 Mhz, not 866 Mhz. It is possible that if you include a selector 10 to 10 frames can be overclocked to 850 or 860. Would it be possible in the next version?

Thanks you.

Miguel said:
Hi!

The console can be overclocked to 833 Mhz, not 866 Mhz. It is possible that if you include a selector 10 to 10 frames can be overclocked to 850 or 860. Would it be possible in the next version?

Thanks you.

What a Wiz can be overclocked to varies per unit. Although it never really hurts to include options going up that high, I think most people can't get past 800 very reliably.

In PSX and SNES emulator, most reach between 840 and 850 MHz, depending on each game.

Only tried one game (Kula World) but it doesn't load, just turns black. Am I doing something wrong (I've got the bios) or is there different roms

I've tried many games and some of them (about 4 on 20) doesn't load, the other just run fine apart a bit slow, but still playable.
I don't know if it is usefull to report the games tried and their performances at this stage...
zodttd do you need this kind of feedback?

sese said:
Only tried one game (Kula World) but it doesn't load, just turns black. Am I doing something wrong (I've got the bios) or is there different roms
The image I got works. Does yours work in ePSXe or any other emulator?

Thanks for release Zodttd :)

As soon as I get my Wiz I'll try and post lots of results.

It will be interesting to see how much better the games run, once you have tweaked the code a little more and got the 3D hardware working.

Just wondering is the sound gabbled due to the games not been emulated fast enough or does this have to do with how the sound is been emulated?

Like on the PSX emu on my Xbox when I enable CDDA on some games the sound it makes is a high pitch noise. Now I take it Ridge Racer from memory has CDDA tracks when enable with the Xbox is makes some sound. Is this due to the CDDA feature not been emulated properly therefor it does not work?

Exophase, I'd like to hear your thoughts here please :)

Anyways I stop going on here hehe :p keep up the great work Zodttd love you work mate :)

Could someone test out the following to see if they work?

Urban Chaos
Driver
Mortal Kombat Trilogy
Mortal Kombat 4

Thanks

>[...]is the sound gabbled due to the games not been emulated fast enough[...]?

Yes, the buffer is faster drained (happens in realtime no matter what) than it's filled.

klikklak said:
Warriors of might and magic, squashed image in the upper screen.
Worms world party, 23-25'ish fps with no frameskip or overclock
Kings field II, 27-28fps in game, no frameskip or overclock
Wild arms doesn't run.

Second confirmaiton that Wild Arms does not play

Hermie Hopperhead and Vampire Hunter D both play. Both are slow but if you OC to 800 they are very playable. Sound on Vampire Hunter D is also pretty close as long as you dont go to the menu in game then it goes to white noise

adolobe said:
klikklak said:
Warriors of might and magic, squashed image in the upper screen.
Worms world party, 23-25'ish fps with no frameskip or overclock
Kings field II, 27-28fps in game, no frameskip or overclock
Wild arms doesn't run.

Second confirmaiton that Wild Arms does not play

Hermie Hopperhead and Vampire Hunter D both play. Both are slow but if you OC to 800 they are very playable. Sound on Vampire Hunter D is also pretty close as long as you dont go to the menu in game then it goes to white noise

Tested out a couple more games each OC o 733 no frame skip
Strider make it to the start menu then nothing
Strider II game menu is black but if you wait a min and hit the button the game will load and looks to be about 75%
Vandle Heart Same as with Strider II menu is black but if you hit buttons the game will come up after a min or so looks to be very close to fullspeed

Hi Zodttd, do you think is possible to use a integrated pollux set in this emulator?

And what about the sound, is it easy to fix?

Some 2D games are running very fast, almost fullspeed, with a good sound the emulator will be great in 2D games until 3D stuff gets faster some future day. :)

Thanks for the good work :)

Back