Psx Running On The Gp2x

I have a question for anyone who has tried the new version or will soon. Have any 3d games worked at any speed as in getting into gameplay? I'm not talking about playable speeds here, just running at all past menus. I think I remember ridge racer initially getting to the menus only..
RR Revolution, ah I'd play that at 10 fps and LIKE it (if I had to) :lol: the funny thing is I'd prefer doing that on the train than playing ridge racers or whatever its called on PsP. Call me mad but there it is, it's funny to imagine a PsP owner looking over from Ridge Racers to see what I'm doing on this little thing and with a smug smirk I'd show him a 5-10 fps Revolution :lol:
Makes the game easier dunnit ;) Anyway I don't need 3d to be happy so don't get me wrong here, I just hope the Oddworld Abe games work at some time and other 2d 'uns. Just asking.

Sorry guys, i have submitted the story to Slashdot.

I've used coral cache for the links tho so shouldnt be a drain on the server..

Sorry :D

zodttd posted on Dec 5 2005 at 04:08 PM said:
It does take into account frames skipped. There's alot of discussion and how-to's on ripping PSX games, as well as pocket ISO at www.fpsece.net

My favorite tool for ripping bin files is xduplicator which is freeware. Just take that bin and use pocketiso 2.0 on it.

Pocketiso makes compressed .z files compatible with gp2psx. It also rips out audio and video.
So at FS3 when you say 50fps, you mean 12.5fps?
That's fircken amazing for a second release, which was a day after the first. My congratulations be with you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

God bless GP2x

Eh what does it mean that ur emu runs movies at full speed? Like cinematics? or what

also the psx emulator for PSP sucks compared to this hahah

And this is all sans assembler, custom cores, proper unlocking of the second processor, and no direct use of the 2D accelerator?

And it runs -this- well?

Will we be enjoying FF7 at a brisk 30 FPS with sound when it's done?

You know, i basically already created a thread for this but i think it's way more handy here.

If you want to answer to this in the original thread: have fun here: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=22850

---

Hi,

i just read on emuholic (http://emuholic.emuboards.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1304 that a new version of the psx emu is out. they plan to make a compatibility list in the forums, but i find this a terribly bad idea. such lists in forums get out of sync quickly because the initial poster doesn't find time to edit his top post.

and reading through tons of forum pages and chit-chat is very annoying if you look for a solid compatiblity list.

So I thought we could create one on the wiki similar to the existing NeoCD compatibility list @ wiki

So let's-a-go:

So I thought we could create one on the wiki similar to the existing PSX compatibility list @ wiki

thanks,
bye,
Flo

Drak posted on Dec 5 2005 at 05:02 PM said:
Eh what does it mean that ur emu runs movies at full speed? Like cinematics? or what

PSP's CPU is weak, you should check some drystone and wetstone benches, the Arm9 is like 3 times as fast there, and that's what counts. Without a real PSP Devkit, no one would be able to do something like a fluently running PS1 Emulator...

Cheers to Zottdt! Nice work, any ps1 game running at fs3 in fullspeed is great news, and the emulator is still so fresh...

Mr. Anderson posted on Dec 5 2005 at 09:35 AM said:
Drak posted on Dec 5 2005 at 05:02 PM said:

PSP's CPU is weak, you should check some drystone and wetstone benches, the Arm9 is like 3 times as fast there, and that's what counts. Without a real PSP Devkit, no one would be able to do something like a fluently running PS1 Emulator...

Cheers to Zottdt! Nice work, any ps1 game running at fs3 in fullspeed is great news, and the emulator is still so fresh...

Well thats good to know, heh.

Well i hear from fpsece forums that gta goes to 10mb can someone please try out gta just imagine gta and sound at say fs 3 it would be amazing!

unlucky posted on Dec 5 2005 at 05:40 PM said:
Well i hear from fpsece forums that gta goes to 10mb can someone please try out gta just imagine gta and sound at say fs 3 it would be amazing!

I would, but no SD here --_--

http://slashdot.org/~jlebrech/journal/123602

I've also submited it to slashdot.

May i ask you why you called it a "PSP competitor"? Sorta giving people the wrong idea...

You should've used "Linux" in the title of your submission somewhere... ie

and "you doubters can stuff drm up your ****" ;)

seriously tho amazing work on this emu! for a device that isnt even officially out yet theres some trailblazing going on :)

Back