Psx Running On The Gp2x

Discussion in 'News Zone [GPH]' started by zodttd, Dec 3, 2005.

1. zaffercharles

zaffercharles Member

I have a question for anyone who has tried the new version or will soon. Have any 3d games worked at any speed as in getting into gameplay? I'm not talking about playable speeds here, just running at all past menus. I think I remember ridge racer initially getting to the menus only..
    RR Revolution, ah I'd play that at 10 fps and LIKE it (if I had to) :lol: the funny thing is I'd prefer doing that on the train than playing ridge racers or whatever its called on PsP. Call me mad but there it is, it's funny to imagine a PsP owner looking over from Ridge Racers to see what I'm doing on this little thing and with a smug smirk I'd show him a 5-10 fps Revolution :lol:
    Makes the game easier dunnit ;) Anyway I don't need 3d to be happy so don't get me wrong here, I just hope the Oddworld Abe games work at some time and other 2d 'uns. Just asking.

2. chris_r

chris_r Member

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2016
  3. Jegriva

Jegriva Member

I didn't like Metal Gear Babel Ghost....

4. jlebrech

jlebrech UFO Robot

Sorry guys, i have submitted the story to Slashdot.

I've used coral cache for the links tho so shouldnt be a drain on the server..

Sorry :D

5. Goity

Goity VIP Sleaze

So at FS3 when you say 50fps, you mean 12.5fps?
    That's fircken amazing for a second release, which was a day after the first. My congratulations be with you.

6. Lemuriamu

Lemuriamu Still Fresh

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

God bless GP2x

7. Drak

Drak fff

Eh what does it mean that ur emu runs movies at full speed? Like cinematics? or what

also the psx emulator for PSP sucks compared to this hahah

8. jlebrech

jlebrech UFO Robot

9. RoboJoe32

RoboJoe32 Member

And this is all sans assembler, custom cores, proper unlocking of the second processor, and no direct use of the 2D accelerator?

And it runs -this- well?

Will we be enjoying FF7 at a brisk 30 FPS with sound when it's done?

10. no_skill

no_skill gp2x! bananas! mayhem! mayham!

You know, i basically already created a thread for this but i think it's way more handy here.

If you want to answer to this in the original thread: have fun here: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=22850

---

Hi,

i just read on emuholic (http://emuholic.emuboards.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1304 that a new version of the psx emu is out. they plan to make a compatibility list in the forums, but i find this a terribly bad idea. such lists in forums get out of sync quickly because the initial poster doesn't find time to edit his top post.

and reading through tons of forum pages and chit-chat is very annoying if you look for a solid compatiblity list.

So I thought we could create one on the wiki similar to the existing NeoCD compatibility list @ wiki

So let's-a-go:

So I thought we could create one on the wiki similar to the existing PSX compatibility list @ wiki

thanks,
    bye,
    Flo

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2015
  11. Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson GP2x USER

PSP's CPU is weak, you should check some drystone and wetstone benches, the Arm9 is like 3 times as fast there, and that's what counts. Without a real PSP Devkit, no one would be able to do something like a fluently running PS1 Emulator...

Cheers to Zottdt! Nice work, any ps1 game running at fs3 in fullspeed is great news, and the emulator is still so fresh...

12. Drak

Drak fff

Well thats good to know, heh.

13. (naw)mcx

(naw)mcx Rotary Wombat

hmm wonder if the street fighter games will work well....thats 1 of the reasons for getting a gp2x ..portable street fighter *drools*

14. unlucky

unlucky Chop sticks Chop sticks Chops sticks

Well i hear from fpsece forums that gta goes to 10mb can someone please try out gta just imagine gta and sound at say fs 3 it would be amazing!

15. x68000

x68000 Mega GP Mania

silhouette mirage crawls upto the treasure and ESP logos and then dies.

16. rabbits with hats

rabbits with hats GP2X

17. Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson GP2x USER

I would, but no SD here --_--

18. Morwynd

Morwynd Member

You should've used "Linux" in the title of your submission somewhere... ie "New Linux-based handheld already emulating PSX and more" or something. :)

19. narmak

narmak Member

May i ask you why you called it a "PSP competitor"? Sorta giving people the wrong idea...

20. zebedee

zebedee Still Fresh

and "you doubters can stuff drm up your ****" ;)

seriously tho amazing work on this emu! for a device that isnt even officially out yet theres some trailblazing going on :)