psx rearmed revisted

Blue,

can't i just go to say emuparadise and load an iso file on my card and play it via sd card???...in the appdata folder?

in other words,,, does it have to be from CD???

No, you do not have to rip your own games. I download mine online, too. Also, what Asmo said.

what is the w.wh.orph file next to the the bios??

i have everything but that.

is that important?

i am going to attempt to download //play a game now. :mellow:

i am trying to download these psn game form EMUPARADISE on my card.

prior and ater all the games are downloaded they are either rar or 7z files.

i cannot believe how hard this is.

where or how do i get the proper ending files i need?

whew :(

It's probably worth avoiding any mention of where you got your roms from, just to be on the safe side.

To answer your question, .7z and .rar are compressed file formats. If you use windows, the program 7zip should be able to extract the files you need from them.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's probably worth avoiding any mention of where you got your roms from, just to be on the safe side.

To answer your question, .7z and .rar are compressed file formats. If you use windows, the program 7zip should be able to extract the files you need from them.
i am never on the 'safe side'.

i don't give a rat's arse about being safe :)

i have downloaded metal slug x

i go to psx emulator in menu

pandora

app data

pcsx rearmed pnd 8

i see the game in blue font and it is a .cue file

i cannot open it.

any suggestions?

i have done everything per asmos helpful visual guide [please see other threads]'

Last edited:
The 'safety' is for the protection of the forums, nobody would come after you, but forums have been shut down before.

bin/cue files are a type of image (which is what you want) so the emulator should be able to read them. I can't offer any specifics, because my unit is in the post. What exactly is wrong? are the files not showing up when it asks you for the image? Or does it just not work when you load it?

The 'safety' is for the protection of the forums, nobody would come after you, but forums have been shut down before.

bin/cue files are a type of image (which is what you want) so the emulator should be able to read them. I can't offer any specifics, because my unit is in the post. What exactly is wrong? are the files not showing up when it asks you for the image? Or does it just not work when you load it?
I do not think this would shut down the forum.

People have said much, much worse.

But i digress,,

I downloaded Metal Slug X,,, a game everyone is playing but me apparently.

I have pscx rearmed version 8 with seph 1000.

It is located in emulator

menu

pscx rearmed 8....which is found in pandora

appdata

pcsx

seph 1000 within pcsx

the game was a .bin and put in with pcsx.

the game appears after i navigate to it with the pcsx interface.

the game appears in hot blue font which i was told was correct to see.

once i B button it [try to open it] i get a message on the bottom saying it is an unsupported file.

Last edited:
In that case the emulator you are using cannot read bin/cue files. Either:

1. Obtain another image in a format the emulator can read (I assume .iso would be a safe bet) - Reccomended.

2. Switch to another emulator

I do not think this would shut down the forum.

People have said much, much worse.

But i digress,,

I downloaded Metal Slug X,,, a game everyone is playing but me apparently.

I have pscx rearmed version 8 with seph 1000.

It is located in emulator

menu

pscx rearmed 8....whic is found in pandora

appdata

pcsx

seph 1000 within pcsx

once i B button it [try to open it] i get a message on the bottom saying it is an unsupported file.

i cannot believe how hard this is and how easy it is supposed to be.

i have spent the whole day tinkering and to no avail.

i need a beer and go watch some mindless tv.

With all due respect, i need to brake for now and i will check any possible suggestions tomorrow, otherwise, i will go batty again. :blink:

In that case the emulator you are using cannot read bin/cue files. Either:

1. Obtain another image in a format the emulator can read (I assume .iso would be a safe bet) - Reccomended.

2. Switch to another emulator
how in the heck do i find .iso games??

.bin no good

.zip no good

.7z no good

i think it's PSP GO or buy more games for my psone with LCD screen!!

could this be because i have a 27" imac with os 10.3 using unix for this???

hhhhhhhhhelp!!!

This is a problem that can result from not ripping your own discs. What you are encountering are compressed files that you need to decompress (to put it simply, these are similar to ".zip" files, but a bit different), and I will wager that the ".bin" files that you mention are not ".bin" but instead ".bin.ecm", which is a compressed type that you cannot uncompress on a Macintosh (".bin.ecm" can only be uncompressed on Microsoft Windows, or using WINE on Linux).

To uncompress them, you will need an application like Untar. Unfortunately I cannot offer any help with Untar, because I use The Unarchiver myself, and unfortunately The Unarchiver is not available for Mac OS X 10.3.x (which has been unsupported by Apple and other developers for some years, unfortunately).

That said, Untar should be self-explanatory, though - if my memory serves me correctly from when I used to use it, it's just a matter of dropping the compressed files on it, and it will take care of the rest for you.

EDIT: You may be able to double-click them, but I can't remember off of the top of my head whether Untar supports this or not. As I said, it's been a long time.

What everyone else is saying is correct.

is that important?

It's a folder that is part of the emulator, it's usually a hidden file. Ignore it & everything that hasn't been mentioned specifically in the help so far.

i am trying to download these on my card.

.rar and 7z or .zip files are COMPRESSED to make them smaller. When you decompress ('Unzip' 'Unrar' etc) them on your computer (not on the Pandora) they return to their original size and format. When they have been decompressed you will see what they really are, it may be that they are then Iso or Bin/Cue files.

They are no use on the Pandora until you have extracted their contents on your computer.

People tend to create these single compressed files because they are then smaller for downloading.

If they still aren't in a suitable disc image format once you've extracted them on your computer, there's nothing you can do - whoever created them didn't use a format that's suitable for you. From what you've said so far it sounds as though the emulator is working, it's just a matter of using suitable disc images.

It's also true what others are saying about talking about where you get the disc images, it's best not to mention that, for legal reasons - not for your sake, for this site's sake.

Most of us are creating our own disc images from our own Playstation discs - this means we have control over what format the files are, so our games will almost always work. All my games are in .bin/.cue - other people are also using .iso

If you're sourcing your games from 'elsewhere' you are getting games that may not have been saved in a suitable format.

Metal Slug X,

If the game is .Bin (and NOT a .bin.ecm as Prometheus mentioned) then it should also have a '.cue' file with the same name with it - that's why people refer to .Bin/.Cue - it's TWO files, one big (.Bin) and one small (.cue). If there is no .cue file then it is incomplete or still a compressed file as Prometheus said.

When you have a game with .Bin and .Cue files (both will have exactly the same file name) on your SD card, you select the .bin one to start it.

If the game is in two files, for example:

MetalSlug.bin

MetalSlug.cue

and both files are together on the SD card, and you run the 'MetalSlug.bin' file but still get an error message, then it's almost certainly a corrupt file. The emulator is working, the disc image is not, time to try a different one.

.bin no good

.zip no good

.7z no good

.Bin/.Cue are probably the most compatible. It has to be BOTH files not just a .bin one.

.zip .rar or .7z extension doesn't tell you what files are contained inside - they may well contain suitable .iso or .bin/.cue files when they have been extracted, you just have to do this on your computer first to find out what they are. You then put the extracted files, NOT the .7z / .zip or .rar ones on the Pandora if they turn out to be suitable.

What everyone else is saying is correct.

is that important?

It's a folder that is part of the emulator, it's usually a hidden file. Ignore it & everything that hasn't been mentioned specifically in the help so far.

i am trying to download these on my card.

.rar and 7z or .zip files are COMPRESSED to make them smaller. When you decompress ('Unzip' 'Unrar' etc) them on your computer (not on the Pandora) they return to their original size and format. When they have been decompressed you will see what they really are, it may be that they are then Iso or Bin/Cue files.

They are no use on the Pandora until you have extracted their contents on your computer.

People tend to create these single compressed files because they are then smaller for downloading.

If they still aren't in a suitable disc image format once you've extracted them on your computer, there's nothing you can do - whoever created them didn't use a format that's suitable for you. From what you've said so far it sounds as though the emulator is working, it's just a matter of using suitable disc images.

It's also true what others are saying about talking about where you get the disc images, it's best not to mention that, for legal reasons - not for your sake, for this site's sake.

Most of us are creating our own disc images from our own Playstation discs - this means we have control over what format the files are, so our games will almost always work. All my games are in .bin/.cue - other people are also using .iso

If you're sourcing your games from 'elsewhere' you are getting games that may not have been saved in a suitable format.

Metal Slug X,

If the game is .Bin (and NOT a .bin.ecm as Prometheus mentioned) then it should also have a '.cue' file with the same name with it - that's why people refer to .Bin/.Cue - it's TWO files, one big (.Bin) and one small (.cue). If there is no .cue file then it is incomplete or still a compressed file as Prometheus said.

When you have a game with .Bin and .Cue files (both will have exactly the same file name) on your SD card, you select the .bin one to start it.

If the game is in two files, for example:

MetalSlug.bin

MetalSlug.cue

and both files are together on the SD card, and you run the 'MetalSlug.bin' file but still get an error message, then it's almost certainly a corrupt file. The emulator is working, the disc image is not, time to try a different one.

.bin no good

.zip no good

.7z no good

.Bin/.Cue are probably the most compatible. It has to be BOTH files not just a .bin one.

.zip .rar or .7z extension doesn't tell you what files are contained inside - they may well contain suitable .iso or .bin/.cue files when they have been extracted, you just have to do this on your computer first to find out what they are. You then put the extracted files, NOT the .7z / .zip or .rar ones on the Pandora if they turn out to be suitable.
ok....i will try to turn chicken shit into chicken salad ;)

downloaded metal slug x.....changed it from a .7z to .cue after i downloaded it on my imac and prior to putting it on my card.

once i downloaded the game on my imac i doubled clicked the file/game and .cue showed up.

then, i placed it on my perfectly functioning sd card.

put the card in my pandy and placed the game in with the pcsx rearmed folder from appdata.

now in that folder is the bios [seph 1000 when clicked on] , and the .cue game.

from my menu i open pcsx rearmed emulator and navigate to the folder that i have on my card [pcscx rearmed as mentioned].

i see the game is there in blue font with the .cue but cannot open it to play.

once again, i get the unsupported image.

ladies and gents,,,, i give up.

the scrooie newbie has left the stadium again......yes i know the little boy who cried wolf syndrome....

very sorry.

downloaded metal slug x.....changed it from a .7z to .cue after i downloaded it on my imac and prior to putting it on my card.

I hope by 'changed it from a .7z to .cue' you don't mean you just renamed the file? :blink:

What program did you use to 'extract' the .7z ??

What files did you find *inside* the .7z ?? As mentioned, there should be TWO files - not one .cue

And when I run an image from within the emulator - I run the .bin , not the .cue

EDIT: P.s. you don't have to put the two files (.bin AND .cue) into the bios folder. I Recommend making a new folder - call it 'Metal Slug' and put the files in there. Put that folder anywhere you want on your SD card.

Maybe some screenshots will help:

screen110405-062026.png

screen110405-062058.png

screen110405-062110.png

screen110405-062118.png

like i said i downloaded it on my imac/unix then double clicked it and it showed .cue instead and .7z

i did not rename anything. i just put the .cue one on my card.

i then put the metal slug.cue in my pscx rearmed folder which also had the bios [seph] in there too.

sorry but your pics confuse me even more.

just give up on me because i have.

i really really really really have tried for it seems like almost 1 month.

Last edited:
like i said i downloaded it on my imac/unix then double clicked it and it showed .cue instead and .7z

i then put the metal slug.cue in my pscx rearmed folder which also had the bios [seph] in there too.

Do you have a skype/email? I can send you some links to some "helpful" files ;)

sorry but i do not want to give out my email randomly.

i do not know you at all. :unsure:

if you please ,, you may PM me via this forum.

thanks.

By what you are saying - and the information you omit.. I determine you are missing the .bin file.

That's your problem.
scph1000.bin??

i have that

sorry i do not give out my personal email randomly.

you can PM me via this forum though.

sorry :unsure:

Do you have a skype/email? I can send you some links to some "helpful" files ;)
even these forums are confusing me now!!!!!!!! :eek:

Back