psx rearmed revisted

H

hakmanplayer

Seems i spoke too soon once again.

I now have psx pnd 4 version with the included bioslogy.

the psx rearmed interface comes up perfectly from the menu.

i have placed psx pnd 4 and the game in the same folder from the menu.

the game is metal slug x.

i am able to view the game from psx interface ,however, when i attempt to open i get an invalid cd image message on the bottom and then returned to the interface.

as mentioned in my previous cry for help. i notice the font with the metal slug game is listed in white as opposed to all other option listing which are yellow.

thought i had this licked.

i must be missing a small thing here. :huh:

i have officially given up on anything psx rearmed, armed, armless, prosthetic version,,,whatever.

at least i can say i have the snazzy jazzy emu

lator with one game that won't open :unsure: :D :lol:

i surrrreeennddderrr.

I would also suggest trying other game ISOs before giving up.

This free software will rip good copies for you:

AcetoneISO

EDIT

Of course you need to own the original.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello again.

Does one of your files end in .ecm by any chance?

I.e. data.bin.ecm

If so, it's compressed and you need 'unecm' it. ;)
Thanks but i am beyond help with this one.

It is frustrating when i read how so many Pandora owners are playing ps1 games and i cannot.

Such is life.

Thanks but i am beyond help with this one.

It is frustrating when i read how so many Pandora owners are playing ps1 games and i cannot.

Such is life.
1644094_o.gif

yes i can!!!!! [boy that felt exhilarating].

Someone send him a zip file!

You can open Zip files, right?
I can decompress/compress a file once downloaded on my SD card .

I own a imac with os 10.

I have zipped files via SQUEEZE on my Pandora.

personalpandoratutor.org.

Last edited:
As much as i hate to type this [again] this pscx rearmed, leg, hand and from the neck down has me defeated.

Yes i realize if i take the bioslogy and put it with the pnd in appy wappy scoooby doo menu then reboot and reap the floormat...[i mean reformat] then take the file in the ds which is really a sd card and flash bang myself in the ball sack then i would have it?? Or do i need the new version 8 remove the 4 and wind up with 1/2 of what i already do not understand?? This of course would depend on the bin or ban from forum or perhaps the various other files with suffixes unlike state abbreviations ?? Either way, it is a snazzy looking emulator and looking at it and not able to do anything else with it ,reminds me of a blind man searching for brail on his Pandora. Can you fancy that?

I have officially lost it :blink:

Last edited:
That wouldn't help things,, or would it?

BANG!!!! :eek:

for the buck?

Last edited:
Did you try using another bios? I found that the included one does run some games, but none of the ones I was trying to get working.

I had to experiment with a handful of them before I found one that would run Dark Forces without resetting or having graphical issues. Interestingly I found that the one that I am using currently does give me warped graphics on DF unless I load a different game first.

To un-ECM games, simply download a program called UnECM. From there it's easy, really easy.

As much as i hate to type this [again] this pscx rearmed, leg, hand and from the neck down has me defeated.

Yes i realize if i take the bioslogy and put it with the pnd in appy wappy scoooby doo menu then reboot and reap the floormat...[i mean reformat] then take the file in the ds which is really a sd card and flash bang myself in the ball sack then i would have it?? Or do i need the new version 8 remove the 4 and wind up with 1/2 of what i already do not understand?? This of course would depend on the bin or ban from forum or perhaps the various other files with suffixes unlike state abbreviations ?? Either way, it is a snazzy looking emulator and looking at it and not able to do anything else with it ,reminds me of a blind man searching for brail on his Pandora. Can you fancy that?

I have officially lost it :blink:

I don't know if anyone's told you yet, but basically you need to:

1) get rearmed r8 and put the pnd in your 'menu' or 'apps' folder (after deleting r4 and the pcsx_rearmed folder (it's in appdata obviously).

2) run pcsx rearmed v8 for the first time. Ignore the bios warning. exit the emulator.

3) find all the Playstation bios files you can and make sure they're not zipped. put them in the 'bios' folder you find inside the new 'pcsx_rearmed' folder inside 'appdata'.

4) make a folder anywhere on your sd card - i.e. 'Playstation Games' and put your games in there.

5) As an example I made a folder called 'Final Fantasy 9'. Inside that another folder 'Disc 1'. Inside that these two files: 'Final Fantasy IX (USA)(v1.1)(Disc1).cue' and 'data.bin'

6) run pcsx rearmed v8 again.

7) you can choose amongst your bios files within the emulator. Options - [bIOS/Plugins]

To un-ECM games, simply download a program called UnECM. From there it's easy, really easy.
Why does everyone say things i have trouble with are "easy, really easy"!!!

Rub more salt and iodine in my wound please!!! :angry:

Back