psx rearmed revisted

I officially want to end this thread now.

The crazy pcsx armless leper has left the thread.

I have deleted the emulator, game and bioslogy ,therefore, the nightmare on Pandora Street is over.

Take your jabs at someone else now.

My solution : ordered a PSP GO and will exclusively download PSONE games on there.

I still really like my Pandora and will keep it as long as it lasts. Any game i had on a WIZ, that is also on my Pandora, looks and sounds far superior on the Pandora. That alone is worth the price of admission.

It seems to me i just bit off a bit more than i could chew. :p

Sorry once again for the rants/raves but i just became frustrated on here.

Apologies to all.

Cheers !!!

You just spent money to buy a nail gun because you couldn't use a hammer that was free.

It's an analogy.

Nail gun=PSP (An extra device you bought whose purpose is to do something you could already do)

Hammer=Pandora (The device that you could use perfectly fine before, if you knew how, but you went ahead and spent more money instead)

Maybe someone could zip up the Pandora folder with the preconfigured emu and send it you. cant believe you bought a PSP instead of seeing this through. Damn waste

Ok, I'll bite-

First there is no (for legal reasons) BIOS file ('bioslogy' is incorrect) included with the emulator, if you haven't sourced one (usually called SCPH1001.bin) then there isn't one there.

What FaeMinx said on the last page is correct, all you need to do is put the r8 pnd in your apps folder on the SD card, put the SD card in your Pandora and when the Pcsxrearmed icon shows up on the desktop, run it once and exit it (don't try a game yet). Examine the SD card on your PC again, in the Pandora/Appdata folder there will be a pcsxrearmedr8 folder, in that there will be a BIOS folder - you must now put the BIOS file in that BIOS folder.

Run pcsxrearmed again, in Configuration/settings option change from HLE to your BIOS file and select 'save global config'. You're done.

You can put game images anywhere, you just have to find them when you select 'Load CD image' by using the D-Pad and B button to locate the SD card folder where they are.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's an analogy.

Nail gun=PSP (An extra device you bought whose purpose is to do something you could already do)

Hammer=Pandora (The device that you could use perfectly fine before, if you knew how, but you went ahead and spent more money instead)

whatever.

Ok, I'll bite-

First there is no (for legal reasons) BIOS file ('bioslogy' is incorrect) included with the emulator, if you haven't sourced one (usually called SCPH1001.bin) then there isn't one there.

What FaeMinx said on the last page is correct, all you need to do is put the r8 pnd in your apps folder on the SD card, put the SD card in your Pandora and when the Pcsxrearmed icon shows up on the desktop, run it once and exit it (don't try a game yet). Examine the SD card on your PC again, in the Pandora/Appdata folder there will be a pcsxrearmedr8 folder, in that there will be a BIOS folder - you must now put the BIOS file in that BIOS folder.

Run pcsxrearmed again, in Configuration/settings option change from HLE to your BIOS file and select 'save global config'. You're done.

You can put game images anywhere, you just have to find them when you select 'Load CD image' by using the D-Pad and B button to locate the SD card folder where they are.
There is no bios folder that suddenly appears with pnd 8 and i use bioslogy as a pun.

To pick the right bioslogy for me is like a finding needle in a pile of dunk!!

I AM CLOSING THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LEAVE ME BE PLEASE!!!!!! No more bites fishes, no more bites. :angry:

I bought a PSP GO and i am at peace now. Please stop criticizing my decision!!!

Cheers to you all.

Last edited:
Is the bios directory created as a hidden directory by any chance? (I don't have my pandora yet). If so that could explain some of the frustration.

Is the bios directory created as a hidden directory by any chance? (I don't have my pandora yet). If so that could explain some of the frustration.

Simple enough to remedy. Just select 'show hidden files' from the 'View' menu in Thunar.

Alternatively press Ctrl+H

If this isn't the case, then why not just right click and 'Create Folder' and call it 'bios' obviosly.

'cmon hakmanplayer - you can do this! :) Don't give up.

If you really want I can take some screenshots... maybe this textual info isn't working for you.

Edit: No, the 'bios' folder is not hidden.

hakmanplayer: Did you delete the 'pcsx_rearmed' folder before you ran R8 the first time? You need to do so.

huh.. It worked fine right off the bat for me, although I ripped all my own PS1 games..

There is no bios folder that suddenly appears with pnd 8

To pick the right bios for me is like a finding needle in a pile of dunk!!

It seems there is some misunderstanding, as FaeMinx said you should make sure you delete any previous pcsxrearmed folder in the Pandora/Appdata folder first. Maybe start with a freshly formatted SD card to eliminate any old files, but it sounds from your responses as if there is a simple misinterpretation of the process somewhere - you should get it running, it's one of the most straightforward emulators to get working, and when you've found where the problem was it'll all seem so much simpler in the future!

The emulator itself does create a BIOS folder when it is first run, it will be in it's own Appdata folder which it creates on first being run. So, it's location in folders on the SD card is:

pandora/appdata/pcsx_rearmed/bios

If you are using a freshly prepared SD card or one which you have deleted any pcsxrearmed files + folders from first, it should go like this -

Put your pcsxrearmed PND in the Pandora/apps folder.

When you insert the SD card you have put the pcsxrearmedR8 pnd on (in the Pandora/Apps folder) the icon will appear, when you click on it and start the emulator, then quit it and re-examine the SD card you will see that it has created a pcsxrearmedr8 folder in Pandora/Appdata.

In the pcsxrearmed folder there is an EMPTY folder called BIOS -

You have to source a Bios file separately, the most common one is called scph1001.bin.

When you say picking the right Bios is a problem, it's not entirely clear what you mean.

In Pcsxrearmed, you go to OPTIONS then to [bios/Plugins] then highlight BIOS and change from HLE (no Bios) to scph1001.bin by moving left or right on the D-Pad. There is no file navigation or anything, it only offers you the Bios file that is in the Bios folder. Save global config so you won't have to do it again.

There is NO bios file included in the emulator, it's hard to tell from the thread if this is where the misinterpretation of the process lies.

I can't wait to visit civilization after easter - I'm going to go hunting for old Playstation Games in second hand stores and cash crusaders.

I never owned a PS1 (the last console I had was a Megadrive - yes I'm behind I know!)

I loved my Pandora to bits until I decided to get Playstation emulation up and running a few days ago... and was BLOWN AWAY! :blink: Oh my freak! It was like a spiritual experience!

It was like being inlove for the first time... giddy, light-headed, unbelieving... and so full of intense emotion you don't know what to do with yourself.

Btw - anyone have PS1 games they wish to sell for a fair price PM me! :rolleyes:

ENOUGH ALREADY ABOUT HOW GREAT YOU CAN PLAY PLAYSTATION GAMES ON YOUR PANDORAS!!!!

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

DO YOU EVER KNOW WHEN TO STOP OR ARE YOU ALL THAT BORED AND MUNDANE??

PLEASE ENOUGH WITH THIS THREAD!!

Last edited:
Back