Psp Online Play

finty

what is this
Website
Visit site
I was just thinking about importing a JAP PSP, but then I thought about how the PS2's online play works, being that if your mahines ID code is differant than the region (Well area in this case) the game is sold in you cannot play online. What if sony were to implement this in the PSP?

Would they do such a cruel thing?

I think they wouldn't, for the same reason they give for not region locking games. Being a portable device, targeted at adult gamers, they're aware that many people who buy this thing are going to be people who travel a lot... they want to be sure that you can use it wherever you take it, and games you buy or try to play in other countries will work as well as they would in the US.

I dont think they would for the reason Bast said above. I'm sure a Jap business man would be pretty annoyed if his PSPs online gaming functions didnt work when on a business trip in London.

What we know at the moment is that, all people, no matter where they are with their PSPs can currently check for firmware updates directly from Sony on their PSP - so that's something.

Back