How To Use Wifi On Psp?

Yeah I never quite understood the need for a faster connection in gaming. Lag only appeared because some prick somewhere got a faster connection in the first place leaving people behind just because he wanted to feel 1337. CS back in the days when it first appeared was perfectly playable even on an AOL connection until ISDN reared its ugly head.

i've owned Twisted Metal Head ON since about 1 month after PSP launch and I've never had any problems with it. Been almost or near perfect gameplay everytime i've played. I'd recommend it highly.

Online games differ from game to game. Take for example Diablo II. I play Diablo II on my DSL connection and it plays at the same speed as when I had dial up. Diablo II loads from the CD or your harddrive before each level starts. So the only thing that the servers are really keeping track of are each players location, stats, items, and experience. Not really that much.

But other games, like Dark Ages and Nexus, by Nexon. The maps, sound and configuration files are all downloaded, but these mmporgs are highly dependent on the information that is on the server, and the fact you could have 500+ in one game, unlike Diablo II where you can only have 8 people per game. So you can see a huge difference between DSL and Dial up for these 2 games because most of the info from the game is loading from the net, not from harddrive or cd.

I guess you're lucky then with TMHO because I heard so many bad stories that if I werent just already tired of TM and it's cheese-tastic bosses in single player that I'd probably have avoided it anyway.

MMORPGs actually have the least need for high bandwidth unless you are in a raid or something, action games have to trade your position a lot faster and more often while an MMORPG calculates hit percentages more often based on your stats than it does your position in the world. Final Fantasy 11 worked perfectly for me under 56k, only giving lag when you had dozens and dozens of people in a single confined space all trying to move at the same time.

of course newer MMORPGs probably already work with Broadbanders in mind nowadays, Probably getting more and more like Planetside's massivly multiplayer death match environment.

the only games, from PC, i've played online via both DSL and Dial up are Diablo II, Nexus Kingdom of the Winds and Dark Ages. And I can only tell you from my own experience is that there was no difference between Dial up and DSL for Diablo II, which was running the cd most of the time, but with Nexus and Darkages, which did not have the luxary of running on CD and just had 50mb of some files on the HD, that between Dial and DSL, there was a HUGE difference with every aspect of the games, from the speed of walking around, to the battles that involved 100+ players at the same time, as with just regular hunting. FFXI i imagine would be like Diablo II, probably has 20GB of info on the harddrive for fast access as well as the CD. But i'm just guessing at that.

Back