First Gp Brakes Now This !!

bumholesniffer

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I have just brought SAW movie UMD Europe region 2 for my Jap psp. "Game" said it would be ok on jap, they have tested !! GREAT

But there a catch, you see mine is a jap psp with 1.50 firmware, the umd is 1.52, so I spoffed my firmware to 2.00, seemed ok but then apprantly my region code is right. Now the only way my region code could be a problem is because of my 1.50 american upgrade !! :)

I was reluctant to do this but was assured by somebody who trolls these forums it would be ok !! Well it isnt !! Anybody who upgrades to a regional firmware that isnt there region is basically turning there psp into a jap/amer/europe psp. Now hopefully in the future 2.00 will be cracked and I can upgrade to a euro version of that but then again pig might fly. So for the meantime Im stuck :angry:

Sorry if it sounds like I moaning but I was almost sure it would cause a problem and pissed off at the advise I now took !! I know deep down its my fault but next time I trust my instincts <_<

P.S UMD EMU Does not work, neither does WAB. Any bright ideas I open to them !!
Fucking hell I got to calm down :lol:

bumholesniffer posted on Sep 23 2005 at 12:29 PM said:
I was reluctant to do this but was assured by somebody who trolls these forums it would be ok !! Well it isnt !! Anybody who upgrades to a regional firmware that isnt there region is basically turning there psp into a jap/amer/europe psp. Now hopefully in the future 2.00 will be cracked and I can upgrade to a euro version of that but then again pig might fly. So for the meantime Im stuck :angry:

Not true.

Loads of our Yanky friends updated their PSPs with Jap 2.0 and have had no problems.

The region coding of the PSP is stored in the flash, not the firmware.

What does it say when you play the UMD? If it's a region code problem it should say the region code is wrong.

Now this is what I suggest:

1. Make sure you've got THE SECOND WAB version changer. the first one does not trick UMD movies - only games. The second one (2.5) was a fix to fool UMD movies as well.

What happens in UMD emu? It should work, if you say it is a region problem, then UMD emu should allow for region free video. You must not be using it right. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I have the same problem.

I'm using a jap psp with 1.5 and WAB 2.5 installed, but the trick doesn't work for EU movies (not Akira anyway, which is the only one I have).

When tricked to 1.52 or 2.0 the message reads 'disc cannot be played'.

Any ideas?

Back