A Psp And Ds Question

KickinWing

Arguable Idiot
Website
Visit site
I was going to go tonight to pick up a psp but has been delayed to this weekend, but what game do you think i should get, i've decided between Twisted Metal and Untold Legends, how good is the internet play for each of them? I read reviews and i think i'd like both but the internet play is going to be the pusher.

DS Question. I got to thinking, does anybody know how the DSs wireless capabilities compare to the PSP? If the DS was able to connect to the internet i would think that they could release a good online rpg that would use the touch screen as a keyboard to communicate to other players.

Wireless, as in local connection is pretty much the same for both consoles. However only the PSP has some games you can go online with at the momment, but Mario Kart and Animal Crossing will be online.

Untold legends seems like a great game to play if you enjoyed the baulder's gate/champions of norrath series, but then against, twisted metal head on is good for some head to head bashing.

Depends on what you'd dig more, co-op play or head to head.

ok i just read that Untold Legends is not online, but another review said it is...now i'm confused, is it online like Twisted Metal or is there something you have to do special to get Untold Legends online.

Also, Is there like a virtual keyboard or something on these games so you can communicate to who your playing with when playing an online psp game?

As for the DS, so in the future I should be able to play online through my wireless DSL connection like the PSP?

I thought Untold Legends was deffo online?

In Twisted Metal there are a wealth of online options but I've only ever played deathmatch.

There's co-op, team deathmatch and a few other I think.

You have to sign in with a username and password.

You can change almost any option in the game - number of players, weapons, level etc.

There is a chat feature as well. You can chat whislt waiting in the lobby. It's like a mobile phone keypad and you just select what you want with the cursor.

I have Twisted Metal and have had Untold Legends.

Untold Legends was fun but has a few problems. 1) no it is definately NOT online (maybe it was supposed to be? no options in game for setting up an online game), 2) many parts of the game are VERY dark, like when you are in caves and stuff, even on the highest brightness setting I found some parts of the game to be very hard to see, and also because of all the dark colors it uses it suffers BADLY from the slow response time of the PSP's LCD, lots of bluring going on... kinda sux when you're being rushed by 10 monsters. 3) the storyline sux... gameplay is very similiar to Baldurs Gate/Champions of Norrath but the story is not even half as interesting so really it comes down to the action which is quite repetitive.. 4) the PSP's wide screen is definately NOT suited to an overhead free roaming game like this... you have to always adjust the camera manually yourself to get a farther view ahead (basically trying to keep your character walking horizontally across the screen) which is a big pain having to stop to reposition it with the D-pad every few seconds.

Twisted Metal is DEFINATELY the better choice. You want something else really good get Ape Escape (if you like Mario 64 style game), Lumines or Metal Gear Acid.

Mark posted on Apr 21 2005 at 01:58 PM said:
Wireless, as in local connection is pretty much the same for both consoles. However only the PSP has some games you can go online with at the momment, but Mario Kart and Animal Crossing will be online.

Ummm...Animal crossing...Ds....online......

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
btw, technically the wireless on the PSP is a little better, it's rated at a higher transfer speed than the DS's is. Not sure if it'd make any difference for gaming.

so can picto chat pick up my wireless dsl signal or is the online capability of the DS in the games itself. i mean, are the games only online, like you can't do nothing with the download and play feature of the DS yet right?

KickinWing posted on Apr 21 2005 at 07:39 PM said:
like you can't do nothing with the download and play feature of the DS yet right?

Sure you can, you can use it to hack into the system :)

Last edited by a moderator:
this sucks so hard, i remember when windows 95 came out and i knew everything about it, now all this wireless crap is around and i feel like a complete noob because i know nothing about it, but damn, i might have to keep my DS if it comes out with some good online games, especially an RPG, the DS with the touch screen would be ideal for using as a virtual keyboard for an online rpg.

Back