Ps3 = £425 Without A Game

even at E3 they stated the games looked and felt like Gamecube games, especially Metroid they said. and by they, i meant G4, which in my opinion had pretty good and even coverage of all 3 companies.

I don't like the fact that Sony forces media upon people. They market something with a name that sounds like it would be used for more than 1 thing, for example. memory stick duo? what i so duo? I only use it for 1 thing, PSP. Also Universal Media Disc? What is so universal about it? and now Blu Ray, i'm suprised they didn't name it, "multi purpose blue super disc"

But unlike alot of people, i don't dislike Sony because of who they are. People don't like sony becaue their sony and alot of people don't like microsoft because of Bill Gates, but EVERYBODY loves Nintendo. Grow up people. Enjoy the product, who cares who makes it.

Wii, i'm not interested anymore, I saw enough of it on TV to not want it at all. PS3, no thanks, I know its not the most expensive system released, but I really don't see the PS3 making an impact, infact, i personally feel it's a mistake. If i'm going to buy any next gen console, it will be a 360. That is more geared to my liking.

Its mostly due to the fact that all the Wii games (3rd party anyway) were developed on modified gamecube dev stations. The Wii has a lot more muscle than the GC, but we wont see it right away. But realisticly, who cares.

Angel posted on May 23 2006 at 09:58 AM said:
Wii, i'm not interested anymore, I saw enough of it on TV to not want it at all. PS3, no thanks, I know its not the most expensive system released, but I really don't see the PS3 making an impact, infact, i personally feel it's a mistake. If i'm going to buy any next gen console, it will be a 360. That is more geared to my liking.
So, are you picking/liking 360 because you don't like the other two? I don't know if deductive thinking works when it comes to deciding what to buy. BTW I found that Gantz at GamingAge Forum has the same avatar as you... :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
all i can say is that the wii is the best just seeing the control is amazing cos playstaition copy everything, there the least original and they steal everything. the D-pad, a console hard dive, internet, the light gun, the dog (there psp version of nintendogs), the handheld and every thing it makes it's still gonna be expensive, wat are they gonna steal next? touch screen, one handed controller maybe even the c-stick cos all their controllers are exactlly the same just longer things for handretsts thats all theyv'e done over the last like 12 years.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on May 23 2006 at 05:43 PM said:
actually, ive read 2 magazines which state that the revolution will look practically the same as a GC.
yeah, which magazines were they?
Official Playstation Magazine and Official Xbox Magazine by any chance?

seriously though, the Wii will look better than the GC. Its got more power, why would it not especially as it doesnt do HD? Don't judge graphics by what you've seen so far. I've seen reviews where it says that some 360 games (kong for example) look the same on a normal TV as their current gen counterpart. I don't think what I originally about the Wii and normal TVs is that ridiculous.

nomme posted on May 23 2006 at 04:37 PM said:
all i can say is that the wii is the best just seeing the control is amazing cos playstaition copy everything, there the least original and they steal everything. the D-pad, a console hard dive, internet, the light gun, the dog (there psp version of nintendogs), the handheld and every thing it makes it's still gonna be expensive, wat are they gonna steal next? touch screen, one handed controller maybe even the c-stick cos all their controllers are exactlly the same just longer things for handretsts thats all theyv'e done over the last like 12 years.
Oh, ok. So the "wii is the best" because Sony "copies everything". Aren't you intelligent ;)

And I agree with angel. There are all these threads on just about every gaming forum which say shit like "OH NOES SONY'S A BLOODY THIEF DONT BUY THE PS3 HOW DARE THEM", and "THE WII IS BETTER BECAUSE OF THE CONTROL SCHEME FORGET ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE", and "I HATE SONY SO I WILL BUY A NINTENDO PRODUCT ONLY! WOOT NINTENDO LET ME SUCK YOUR ASSHOLE SOME MORE".

Come on. I've said this many times, and i'll say it again: Im buying a ps3, particularly because im quite interested in the games, and im also getting a revolution (wii, whatver the fuck it's called now) because of both the games, and the creative control scheme which is likely to make those games im interested in a jillion times more enjoyable. I also said I may buy a 360 in the future, it depends.

I used to be against everything 'xbox' since I disliked MS, but you know what? im not like that anymore. I've become a more mature gamer and I know what i like. Stop complaining about the same fucking thing such as price and buy what you want. All I hear anymore are the same complaints over and over again. Jesus.

declaration posted on May 23 2006 at 05:02 PM said:
actually, ive read 2 magazines which state that the revolution will look practically the same as a GC.

seriously though, the Wii will look better than the GC. Its got more power, why would it not especially as it doesnt do HD? Don't judge graphics by what you've seen so far. I've seen reviews where it says that some 360 games (kong for example) look the same on a normal TV as their current gen counterpart. I don't think what I originally about the Wii and normal TVs is that ridiculous.
er, no. Game Informer and IGN ;

declaration posted on May 23 2006 at 10:02 PM said:

Looking at the HI-DEF videos of Mario Galaxy, the graphics are obviously much better. The backgrounds of Smash Bros. are also really impressive. In particular, it does a wipe transition that moves from Mario, Link etc. as they were in SSBM to how they look on the Wii, and the texture quality and model detail has improved by the expected 2-3 times at least. In short, it's a neat upgrade for those of us who don't care about graphics enough to write the Wii off.

ive not even read this thread but anyway when i got my 360 i was forced to get 3 games with it and i hardly playd them and it cost me over £400. Still good tho and im sure i will get a ps3 and wii coz am purte dead crazy !!!

Finding out that Nintendo chose Wii as the name for their new console just reminds me of when someone posted "GP Enis" as a suggested new name for the GP2X (well, GPX2 at the time).

jmetal88 posted on May 25 2006 at 01:32 AM said:
Finding out that Nintendo chose Wii as the name for their new console just reminds me of when someone posted "GP Enis" as a suggested new name for the GP2X (well, GPX2 at the time).

lol that brings up some good memories, now someone drudge up the old picture of the GP Enis.

On G4 Xplay today they did the top 7 games that were from E3, and they were making fun of Sony because of 8 days, they didn't know what was in game and what wasn't but what looked to be in game looked fantastic. They also showed Smash bros, and did an intro that showed what a few characters looked like on the GameCube and what they looked like on the Wii. Link got changed over to look like the link from Twilight princess and when they showed the in game footage, i'm sorry, but the Gamecube in my opinion could do everything that I saw and unfortunatly that was the only Wii game on the list and I don't remember the other games they reviewed at E3 other than SM Galaxy or whatever, Metroid, and Twilight princess, and from what I saw on TV, none of the games looked any better than what i've already seen on the Cube, the cube already had some pretty amazing graphics, just look at the Resident Evil 1 remake, phenomenal.

Like grahf said, the demos at E3 were being played on modified GameCube hardware (just as X360 wasn't played on actual hardware last year--actually on Apple G4s, I believe), so it's not surprising that they're similar in appearance to the GC. Graphics are sure to improve over time (beyond the GC's capability), but one has to realize that this isn't going to be an enormous technical leap from GC to Wii. It will be more powerful but nowhere near the 8x or 32x more powerful that the X360 and PS3 boast.

With Wii not supporting Hi-Def (only 480p or whatever), the graphics could only have gotten so much better anyway.

Like grahf said, the demos at E3 were being played on modified GameCube hardware (just as X360 wasn't played on actual hardware last year--actually on Apple G4s, I believe), so it's not surprising that they're similar in appearance to the GC. Graphics are sure to improve over time (beyond the GC's capability), but one has to realize that this isn't going to be an enormous technical leap from GC to Wii. It will be more powerful but nowhere near the 8x or 32x more powerful that the X360 and PS3 boast.
The Nintendo Wii will compete directly with its current-gen rivals, including on graphics.
With Wii not supporting Hi-Def (only 480p or whatever), the graphics could only have gotten so much better anyway.
You'd be surprised what can be done in 480p (<-- what the Wii is capable of. "Hi-Def" starts at 720p/i). Without a hardware necessity to render graphics into an HDTV signal, there isn't a need for processing power comparable, in raw numbers, as the PS3 or X360. However, the quality of the graphics, though rendered smaller, is very likely to equal that which the PS3 and X360 offer.

The GCN and Wii share lots of similar hardware, not the same hardware. Of course games are going to be run on similar architecture ('modified' GCN) when the official hardware isn't out/being produced. Not comprehending that is like saying that it's weird if a PC game with minimum required specs of a 1ghz x86 processor runs faster on a 2ghz x86 processor.

Just for the record, i dont feel that lack of hi-def will hurt the Wii. I have a pretty decent HDTV myself
(Sony 50" SXRD KDS-R50XBR1) and recently picked up one of those godawful expensive progressive cables for my Gamecube.
Some games like Resident Evil 4 look 90% improved, except that a lot more jagged edges are visable in some of the menus. Overall its a great improvement.
Now take something like the Metroid Prime series. Those games look absolutely breathtaking in 480p. Everything is sharp and well defined- its a stunning. Zero visable jagged edges. Its obvious that a lot of time went into producing these games. I honestly can say that im satisfied with 480p, even though i have a tv capable of much more.

Back