Another Ps3 Pricing Thread

how so? please, i'm not bashing the Wii and the threads I start are not bashing any company, they're just news bits from other sites or stuff i find interesting, in fact, if you read any of my post, I say Sony will be the one failing, so how does that make me a Sony fanboy? Oh wait, your typical Nintendo fanboy that gets offended at anything that might be constructed in your fanboy mind as anti-nintendo.

I don't care what anyone says, I don't have the money for an all-singing all-dancing game system. It's a Wii for me.

but with the way you'll have to use the controller you will be singing and dancing.
Some of us are not scared of actually moving. Some of us are also not bothered about how we look whilst having fun.

With the combination of your stupid sig, your even stupider avatar and your constant narrow-minded Wii bashing attempts, you come constantly come across as the stereotypical teenage GTA loving Sony fanboy.
I do recall him saying he will buy a ps3 eventually, but a wii at launch. Sony Fanboy? ;)

Anyway, I found his avatar to be quite clever actually....

Last edited by a moderator:
I could have sworn he said he was....angel, you wanna back me up on this? If im wrong, methinks ill just go away slowly (like the kool-aid man does when he enters the courtroom on 'Family Guy')

familyguykoolaidman.jpg

He is constantly slagging off/ taking the piss out of the Wii-mote.
This thread is unnecessary and was started to defend the excessive PS3 price. The only reason he isnt buying a PS3 is cost.

The constant bitching and joking about the Wii is similar to that of GTA fanboys- "OMG thats so babyish- you have to actually move!"
Just get over it. Nintendo is trying something different. Stop trying to wind fans of innovation up.

i don't think its unreasonable either, with current inflation rates from 1979, remember, the Atari 2600 debuted at $299 and I have a boxed 2600 with a price tag of $200 from JcPenny its a 4 switch version so its early 80's model, the PS3 is priced about what gaming systems should be priced. Video games is one industry that for some reason, inflation has had little to no effect. Atari 2600 games were $40 a pop, hasn't changed that much, its just nobody remembers those days and all the whiny bitches on message boards bitching about the price are punk kids that didn't grow up during the early days of video games and don't understand how the pricing works.
None of this does matter.
Inflation, gaming history blahblah...

Prices of any product are compared to the price of the rivalling products. Regardless of the sum a similar product would have cost 3 or 4 years ago, its overpriced if the concurrence is so much cheaper.

I will buy a Wii at launch unless they FORCE me to use the controller for Wii games, then i will have to TRY the controller first before purchasing. I have bashed the controller and think its a bad idea for gamers like me that have been playing games for 20 years, we'll wait and see how the controller works at launch, i think it will be a bad idea, much like i feel Sony will be 3rd in the console war, which i've stated a few times, but OMG i'm sony fanboy, and again, i'll point out, i've said numerous times, that I will more likely be purchasing a 360 as that seems to be the best system for what I like, but what do I know, i'm only a Sony fanboy.

And please, quote my Wii bashing posts because i don't remember them, i remember just reporting news that I see from Gamespot.com and then commenting on them, but i don't remember starting any threads that bash the Wii straight off the bat. I may DISLIKE things Nintendo has done recently, I might DISLIKE the controller, but I don't feel i've ever truely bashed the system, how can I, i've never played it, and the only reason I DISLIKE the controller is because I DISLIKE the CONCEPT, but enough about that, this thread was started to show charts that were made comparing prices of older systems and what they'd been if released today, I'm sorry i don't see how that is defending sonys pricing, i personally feel they're wrong, BUT HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES HAVE I SAID IT'S NOT UNREASONABLE???? Nintendo Fanboys only read what they want to read and thats why for some fucking reason the main Nintendo fanboys on this site hate me.

But again, its the internet, its a forum, i don't give a rats ass, hate me, i'll hate you right back, but i own ALOT more Nintendo stuff than Sony stuff. I own an NES, SNES, 2 N64s, 2 Gameboys, GBA, DS, Virtual Boy and Gamecube and i easily have over 100 games spread out, while for Sony i own a PS2 and PSP with about 20 games spread out, realizing they've only had 3 systems, but again, if i was truely a sony fanboy, i'd have a ps1 and a ton of games or a ton of games for the PSP, but I don't, i'd much rather play my XboX. But then again, I guess i'm a Sony fanboy for that. Oh, and i can take pictures if you want proof.

If you want to call me a fan boy, call me a SNK or Atari Fanboy, thx fuckers.

Oh and for the record, i changed my Avatar because ITS FUNNY, YOU F-ING NINTENDO FANBOYS, IT"S NOT INSULTING ITS NOT BASHING, ITS FUNNY.

Oh and for the record, i changed my Avatar because ITS FUNNY, YOU F-ING NINTENDO FANBOYS, IT"S NOT INSULTING ITS NOT BASHING, ITS FUNNY.

damn funny, I laughed my ass off when I first saw it. Did you make that or find it somewhere?

I'm freakin psyched for the wii man. I really didn't think I would be, but I am; only if it's $200 though, otherwise there will be problems :ph34r: The ps3 is simply too much $ for the average gamer- very few people I know can afford it. But this is all speculation after all- I can't wait to see the 2nd gen 360 titles and sample some next gen nintendo and sony goodness :)

damn funny, I laughed my ass off when I first saw it. Did you make that or find it somewhere?

I'm freakin psyched for the wii man. I really didn't think I would be, but I am; only if it's $200 though, otherwise there will be problems :ph34r: The ps3 is simply too much $ for the average gamer- very few people I know can afford it. But this is all speculation after all- I can't wait to see the 2nd gen 360 titles and sample some next gen nintendo and sony goodness :)

Nah i ripped it off an Atari site that I frequent, like i said, if anything, i'm an Atari Fanboy. But yeah, i'm waiting for all 3 to be released and then make my decision, though I do like alot of the features of the Wii, i'm leaning more towards the 360, but it will be very very tempting to get a Wii at launch if i'm right and they launch it at $199.99.

I will buy a Wii at launch unless they FORCE me to use the controller for Wii games, then i will have to TRY the controller first before purchasing.

It sounds like no to me, since Wii games will FORCE you to use Wii motes just like PS2 FORCING you to use PS2 controllers. :p

Nobody cares about the facts and the fact that the PS3 is not the most expensive console, and by todays standards is priced rather reasonably considering inflation over the years.

IMO, this whole inflation adjusted pricing is a BS. WIth the same logic, a job with $30k a year salary back in the 80s, should pay you $80k a year today, which is NOT the case. That's why more families have more than one person working to make up for that, nowadays.

i think you mis-understand me with the Wii mote or whatever it's being called. If i cannot use a normal game controller like i've been used to since the days of the NES, then no, i will probably not buy it unless it is released for $199. Even if the PS2 controller was different, it's still a game pad, thats what i'm getting at, If i can play Wii games with a gamepad, then it will definetly be bought probably on launch day, but if the games FORCE me to use the Wii mote, then it will have to wait until i can get somewhere to try it.

but if the games FORCE me to use the Wii mote, then it will have to wait until i can get somewhere to try it.
You don´t get it, do you?

The Wiimote is the biggest selling point of the Wii. Its the big difference to all other consoles. It´s the way Nintendo wants to attract both gamers and non - gamers and revolutionise gaming. Without the Wimote, the Wii would only be an upgraded Gamecube with retrogaming. Nintendo probably won´t even include a normal Gamepad in the Wii box at launch.

Taking all that into consideration it is very probable that the Wiimote will be the standard controller, and nearly all games will only utilise it. Given the versatility of it, most Wii games will use nothing but it.

You have a point though when it comes to trying it before you buy it. I´m expecting the controller to be great, but i´ll make sure i´m not wrong about that.

but if the games FORCE me to use the Wii mote, then it will have to wait until i can get somewhere to try it.
You don´t get it, do you?

The Wiimote is the biggest selling point of the Wii. Its the big difference to all other consoles. It´s the way Nintendo wants to attract both gamers and non - gamers and revolutionise gaming. Without the Wimote, the Wii would only be an upgraded Gamecube with retrogaming. Nintendo probably won´t even include a normal Gamepad in the Wii box at launch.

Taking all that into consideration it is very probable that the Wiimote will be the standard controller, and nearly all games will only utilise it. Given the versatility of it, most Wii games will use nothing but it.

You have a point though when it comes to trying it before you buy it. I´m expecting the controller to be great, but i´ll make sure i´m not wrong about that.

He may just be wanting it for the emulation of the old systems.

well i'm hoping that they allow the use of normal controllers in case the wii mote ends up being a dud. The bad thing is though, if it does end up being a dud, and Nintendo doesn't have a back up plan or allow the use of regular controllers, they will be hurting big time. I don't think Nintendo is that dumb, so I think alot of games will allow the use of a regular controller or the wii mote and if that is the case, then I will buy one.

OK, i get your point. But why do you want to buy a Wii then? Only for the retrogaming? I mean, if the Wiimote turns out to be, as you say, a "dud" then why should anyone buy a Wii and not a X360 or whatever? The retrogaming and (hopefully) the controller are the only benefits of the Wii. If the controller fails, Wii also fails.

I'd be greatly amused, if the pricing for PS3 is actually a publicity stunt, to get everyone to talk about the price, and justifications for it, and at launch, the machine wil be about the same as 360. :p ZOMG, 600$ tech for a bargain!

well i'm hoping that they allow the use of normal controllers in case the wii mote ends up being a dud. The bad thing is though, if it does end up being a dud, and Nintendo doesn't have a back up plan or allow the use of regular controllers, they will be hurting big time. I don't think Nintendo is that dumb, so I think alot of games will allow the use of a regular controller or the wii mote and if that is the case, then I will buy one.

You have never heard of Nintendo becoming anime production company, haven't you? Years ago, Ninty president mentioned if they fail in the market, they'd rather get out of the market completely rather than becoming software only company i.e. Sega.

You have never heard of Nintendo becoming anime production company, haven't you? Years ago, Ninty president mentioned if they fail in the market, they'd rather get out of the market completely rather than becoming software only company i.e. Sega.
I'm sure Sega thought the same thing before their first-party status was actually in jeopardy.

Back