Ps1 On The Gp32? What Could Come Of This?

ok man quit your bitchin we all know that this is probably gonna be a peice of crap but if it doesnt then your gonna have your face down in the mud and be eating tuna flavored yogurt(uhhh gag me witha spoon)

PS2 and xbox is still being worked on for compatibility, more the fact is the speed of your processor like i said.. that is the major drawback to emulation, the emulator can be perfect but your PC cannot ( yet )

mingus_dew posted on Oct 18 2004 at 12:52 AM said:
hey shadow of chaos i think there is a program that can downsize stuff its called iso buster

Hi, i have heard of this before.. does it really downsize stuff, or simply just allow you to extract the files from the ISO into a folder? let me know.. thanks for that

Last edited by a moderator:
about the zise of isos...
i have some games on my hd, all ripped down..
most are not bigger than 10MB.
so size wont be a problem i think more cpu power or ram..
but still this is awesome if it gets out.

those are games with music and movies ripped out...
most things which we will dont use on the gp
gta is 9,5 MB big :)
so perhaps we will soon see gta on the gp32

I suspect only 2D PSX games have any chance of being playable but that would still be great!

alundra 2 runs full speed on ps1 emus for PC.And most other 3d games i have tested.I prefer 2d though since almost every good game on PS1 is 2d.

I've used the original FPSEce personally, and many games do, in fact, go lower than 128 MB. Don't get your hopes up for some of the major RPGs though. I ripped FF7 disk 1 to around 315 megs or so. That's without movies, music, and every other rippable thing. Chrono Cross disk 1 just went down to 314 megs.

I'll try not to be a downer though. Most games do go below 128 MB. The emulator itself (for the Pocket PC) is very impressive, with sound and speed improvements to come in the next release. After that, we have some kind of new core or version or something. Apparently, the speed improvements are dramatic. I really do hope this gets released...

about running on PC...
tony hawk 3 on psx runs at full speed (or faster if you're so inclined, via the fps options menu) will no lag or frameskip... on my athlon xp2000 w/ 128mb ram, and its fully 3d.
about PSx on GP...
SotN would rule....
and CvS

neogeo games would be best cause they only use 4 buttons. (Capcom vs SNK... droooools)

OmarNawaz posted on Oct 18 2004 at 12:03 AM said:
this is possible because the ps1 had very little ram requirements but in order for it to be even the slightest bit playable we need at least 200mhz with at least 20mb ram.

Well, I played Final Fantasy 7 on my Cyrix 133 (~pentium 100 or pentium 75, it was SO slow...) and 16 mb of RAM, and 1 mb PCI graphics card, and it was almost 100% (with bleem!). I didn't test any other games because I only had FF7, and of course I think other more-3D games would be unplayable, but ff7 ran fine!.

u could probly port the psx emulator onto the Amiga 500 - and it`d run dont mean it`ll be playable.

gp32`s got no hope of it being playable, it has probs running 16bit systems

Maybe on the gp64

Or get yourself a ppc

timeslip posted on Oct 18 2004 at 08:34 AM said:
u could probly port the psx emulator onto the Amiga 500 - and it`d run dont mean it`ll be playable.

Maybe on the gp64

Or get yourself a ppc
Problem is PPC controls are rubbish. If we do get this, then it means we all know that it will run very well on the GP32 successor, even if it does not run that well on tour existing hardware. To be honest, even if all I can play are early strategy games with no sound and high frame, i'll still be happy. For those into fast action games- I wouldn't keep your hope up on the existing hardware (unless you can super overclock)

khephren posted on Oct 18 2004 at 08:52 AM said:
timeslip posted on Oct 18 2004 at 08:34 AM said:

Maybe on the gp64

Or get yourself a ppc
Problem is PPC controls are rubbish. If we do get this, then it means we all know that it will run very well on the GP32 successor, even if it does not run that well on tour existing hardware. To be honest, even if all I can play are early strategy games with no sound and high frame, i'll still be happy. For those into fast action games- I wouldn't keep your hope up on the existing hardware (unless you can super overclock)

If its actually real at best its gonna be an unusable tech demo.

PPC`s do have terrible pads but its not really to much of an issue when im playing Final Fantasy 7 on it - Just sucks for fast paced games

Back