Project Ninja

Squidge posted on Jul 3 2005 at 02:50 PM said:
Yeah, a mouse or touchscreen is always useful, and since the former would be quite silly for a handheld...

You could strap an optical sensor to the bottom... :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Because many NeoGeo ROMs are bigger. Sure, the Xbox has also only 64MB and still manages to load even bigger ROMs, but it also has more power to do fast dynamic loading.

Squidge posted on Jul 3 2005 at 04:52 PM said:
Heh, use the gp32 itself as the mouse? Nice idea, but somewhat flawed I think :D

gpmouse8ss.jpg

Damn my camera needs adjustable flash...

Works like a charm. :rolleyes:

But seriously, how good are trackballs nowadays?

Fishbong posted on Jul 3 2005 at 05:02 PM said:
Because many NeoGeo ROMs are bigger. Sure, the Xbox has also only 64MB and still manages to load even bigger ROMs, but it also has more power to do fast dynamic loading.

yeah, that's what i'm thinking as well

the core specs have to be spot on for the ninja to succeed otherwise people will just go out and buy and hack psp's and gizmondos

hm i thought i read 2x32mb chips on the ninja-page....

i thing 64mb would be the best amount of ram... but at the end its up to mr.mikro :)

and i agree with all the ppl stating that usb/serial ports are needed for adding things after the device is finished....
but i would really love to see a touchscreen on this device...
or maybe a adapter to add a touchscreen-foil later. i want the touchscreen just because it adds really much that you can do with the device.

Please dont flame me with "buy a pocketpc"...
I dont have the money to buy 10 devices and i think it would be awsome to have all the pocket-pc functions in this great little project :)

and i agree with the design idea of having the start/select buttons next to the d-pad/stick because it would be really great to play the cps1/2 arcarde-shooters that way :)

but well i think mr.mikro knows what is the best for project ninja but well i just had to say this because i love the idea of having a touchscreen on the expedio/ninja :)

p.s.
Add me to the pre-order list ;)

Edit:
Sorry if im not up to date xD somehow i missed this thread and having a hard time keeping up with all the news ;)
Why dont we make a new poll on the ninja homepace for the touchscreen option :)
(i know i`m talking too much about the touchscreen but it would be such a nice feature ;)

Edit2:
lol gp32mouse xD

Jarska333 posted on Jul 3 2005 at 06:40 PM said:
Squidge posted on Jul 3 2005 at 04:52 PM said:
Heh, use the gp32 itself as the mouse? Nice idea, but somewhat flawed I think :D

gpmouse8ss.jpg

Damn my camera needs adjustable flash...

Works like a charm. :rolleyes:

But seriously, how good are trackballs nowadays?

Is that a jumper your wearing? Please tell me that's not a jumper; we are still in summer, which means t-shirt weather!

oooh the old 'jumper'. haven't heard that in ages. when we moved here(us) i got used to saying 'sweater' ;)

I dont' visit much now, but my two cents/pence.

64mb of ram. The ram isn't that much more expensive (yes, times it by a thousand, etc..), it means that Neo Geo can be emulated much better (and NG is one of my favourate machines at the moment), and if there's a point in the near future (after release) when that amount of ram is needed, then hey presto, it's there... instead of people doing what they've done to their GP32s, and soldering extra ram chips in.

Also, a touch screen. Easier to play RTS/Adventure games, text inputs with virtual keyboards, mouse control, and yes, even homebrew PDA products, because not all of us are rich people, who can afford to walk around with two stone in weight of electronics equipment on them. I carry a phone and a games handheld. If the Handheld can double as a PDA, then it means i'm much more willing to spend money on it. Also, it's easier to input text on the move using a touch screen, than with attaching a chatboard. I'm a big fan of the amstrad cpc text adventures, and i cain imagine on the move (bus, train etc), trying to juggle a "keyboard" and the handheld would be trouble-some at least.

How much would i pay? I dunno. More with a touch screen.

That's my view. It isn't worth much, but still.

I had a dream about trying to choose a touch screen for the 'Ninja' last night. After sifting through a cardboard box full of touch screens of different sizes and shapes, I eventually found the perfect one. For some reason it was widescreen and tinted brown :blink:

Squidge posted on Jul 4 2005 at 12:00 AM said:
Is that a jumper your wearing? Please tell me that's not a jumper; we are still in summer, which means t-shirt weather!

Ah, I'm ill with flu, cough, sore throat, runny nose and inflammated ear. (Hurts like hell.) :(

Trying to keep warm...

(Besides, I live in Lappland, in the cold... brrr... It's only 20C outside...)

I'm feel sorry for your ear, but... 20c?! 20c is practically tropical! It's 16c here and I'd say it was still quite warm. If it was 20c, I'd be in me shorts :)

Talking about things inflamed though, I've got an inflamed anus :eek: doesn't hurt too much, but it does mean I need access to a toilet anything upto 9 times a day, so travelling is right out the window.

Squidge posted on Jul 4 2005 at 04:33 PM said:
Talking about things inflamed though, I've got an inflamed anus :eek: doesn't hurt too much, but it does mean I need access to a toilet anything upto 9 times a day, so travelling is right out the window.

That is by far the most derailing thing I've ever seen in a thread, and one of the best things I've ever read on here.

:)

Squidge posted on Jul 4 2005 at 05:33 PM said:
I'm feel sorry for your ear, but... 20c?! 20c is practically tropical! It's 16c here and I'd say it was still quite warm. If it was 20c, I'd be in me shorts :)

Well, nothing an antibiotic enema won't fix. I'm kinda glad it's only ear in my case... :(

Speedy recovery, and warm weather to you. B) :D And may your toiletpaper never run out. (Old chinese proverb.)

please come back to the topic....

reply to my last post xD

we need some figures how much more a touchscreen would cost :p
if we have them we could start a poll at the ninja homepage :)

Back