New Gp32 Project... Gba Connector

Mash

Hey I just added a new project I've been working on lately for the GP32. I've been super busy recently, there's alot of portable system out there, but seeing how GP32 is one of the newer ones (to some respect), I have created a GP32 to GBA link port converter, which allows you to plug any standard GBA pirepheral into the GP32 and power it. However the method I used requires a modification of the GP32 DC adapter plug, since It was hard for me to get the GP32 ext port connectors, and not too many people seemed to be using an AC adapter w/ their GP32.

The modification is realy easy and maybe even fun for beginners, it's not very hard and not hazardous to your system. Definitely not as heart-throbbing as the Afterburner GBA mods. Anyhoo, check out my site for the kits, they come with instructions, wires, and either the connector or a modded GBA worm light, theyre about $15 shipped. By the way, I am working on a couple other "kits" for the GP32, so stay tuned. They will be less expensive than this one.

http://www.mashmods.com/projects/gp32power.htm

http://www.mashmods.com

So does that mean you can plug a GBA tv adaptor into the GP32 and make it work on the GP32?

Carface posted on Feb 13 2004 at 07:46 AM said:
So does that mean you can plug a GBA tv adaptor into the GP32 and make it work on the GP32?
does the TV adapter only plug into the link port on the GBA, or does it plug into the cartridge slot? or both?

Becuase if only the link port, then assumably it may be, but most likely it isn't due to some fancy ass shit i do not have a clue about ^^;;

but i thought the TV adapter either plugged into the cartridge or both link and cartridge

Someone should try the TV thing and the GC->GP32 with this thing :D see wtf it does

Last edited by a moderator:
yeh think it has to go in cart slot of GBA unfortunatly.
Anyway what happened to GP32 TV tuner

Enslaved: Yah you don't have to mod wormlight. You can use the worm light now on gp32 and gba or whatever other Gameboy you have it for. We will be selling only one different kit, and that's a "controller-repair/upgrade" kit. Basically it's for the GP32's joystick we're working on a spring system right now to find out ways how to make it really good, something comparable to te NGPC. It'll cost under $10 and easy to do. The site will also have replacements glass screens by tonight, $6.50 shipped each. We go tthe inventory last night but I'm working on the write-up etc. Also the ram upgrade will be avaiable on the site (after a few requests), but in a couple weeks. It shoudl be under $30 for the upgrade, which can let you OC the gp32 definitely to 160 mhz, or maybe even higher (if you're willing to risk it).

The TV tuner utilizes the GBA screen for display, so no, it should not be able to work on the GP32, even if it gets it power from the link port (which I don't think it does).

ThndrShk2k posted on Feb 13 2004 at 12:53 PM said:
Someone should try the TV thing and the GC->GP32 with this thing :D see wtf it does
Um... AFIAK the GP32's DC port can't send data :D It only powers things, if I understand..... :)

rcx21000 posted on Feb 13 2004 at 04:44 PM said:
ThndrShk2k posted on Feb 13 2004 at 12:53 PM said:
Um... AFIAK the GP32's DC port can't send data :D It only powers things, if I understand..... :)
maybe its some kind of super dc port

A lot of people want a connector to plug the gp32 into the TV though, so if you can somehow do that, I am sure you will get plenty of customers.

I'd buy a GP32 -> VGA connector :) With a KVM switch + GPDrive + GP32 buttons -> keyboard it would be the perfect way to dev.... No more needing to get down on the floor to pick up your GP32 :p

Wow, these are really cool! If I was in America I'd send mine in for the GBA connector mod, but I'm not and there's no way I'm going to attempt it myself, I'd feck up for sure! Any chance of making a backlight mod like your other ones?

Woah man! Im so excited about that site! And I just noticed that its in Toronto so I wont have high shipping costs! (I live in Windsor)

Are the prices on your site in Canadian dollars? Nevermind, it says USD lol. But why not put Canadian currency as well since its in Canada?

How good are the glass screens gonna be?

Out shipping rates are low in general, shiping in North American for systems is $4.50, UK $5.50 and rest of europe $6. It's in US currency cause most of the customers are from the States. The glass screens are kick-ass, I have one on mine and it's sweet, no more scratches, it's now always crystal clear. The plastic one I had that came w/ the system was atrociously messed up, and I didn't even mistreat my Gp32.

Mash,
Very nice job you are doing with the website and also a good market niche.
One of the "cool" things with the GP32 is that its design flaws make us want to mod it.
I have installed gamepad buttons in place of the A button and made the first GP32 wormlight (see here) and I also used a dremel tool to expand the space around the sucky joystick, so it can perform diagonals. Oh - I reversed the speakers also.

I do hope you can make money with it, because just insane people (like me) want to risk their beloved GPs for perfectionism's sake. The others might just send their GPs to you.

Now I have one question - HOW ABOUT A GP32 INTERNAL LIGHT MOD?

;)

I'll say even more - How about GP32 parts, such as frames, plastic parts (the damned battery cover), buttons etc?

Well I can't get parts. But... I wasn't gonna say this for false hype, but I'm currently doing business with a manufacturer in hong kong for light guide plates, and yes, I am getting them for the GP32's screen. But it's only in the works, I'm not sure if I'll have the funds to kick-off production.

Why not also make it so people can send in their GP32 to get coloured? That would be cool, it would be a GP32 service center deally. I would send in for a glass screen, to be colored and if it ever happens, FLU-mattized.

B) This is definetly a fine site Mr. Mash!
I am very impressed with the wor youve accomplished, and I can also say that the people at the Neo-Geo.com boards praise you for your work on the NGPC internal light. I have a GP32 FLU Unit, but my damn reflector plate has damaged. (Curious me) so if you are able to score some reflective plates, i will DEFINETLEY puechase two, just in case, along with a new glass screen, the joystick tune up, oh. and maybe you could add a speaker swap along with the button tune up special. Pretty sweet work all together though. Something to be very proud of.

Mash posted on Feb 13 2004 at 11:43 PM said:
Well I can't get parts. But... I wasn't gonna say this for false hype, but I'm currently doing business with a manufacturer in hong kong for light guide plates, and yes, I am getting them for the GP32's screen. But it's only in the works, I'm not sure if I'll have the funds to kick-off production.
Regarding parts and support - it's just unbelievable how hard it is to get spare parts for the GP32. What's wrong with Gamepark? Can't they just grab 50 empty GP32 cases and send that? They are just plain LAZY.
And what's up with companies like Hahotech? It looks like they have developed FLU kits for the GP32 - at least that's what their website mentions on http://www.hahotech.com/english/en_flu.htm. They even have a part number for the kit: HT-FLU035-GCB02AR.
Their website also mentions - "Mission - Supplying the greatest products and services to customer"- what service? The never answer any e-mails!

I'm just in a bad mood I guess.

Back