The Ninja's Design...

EvilDragon posted on Aug 20 2005 at 02:34 PM said:
Mirko wants to finish this project regardless what handheld comes out.

But he certainly does have problems getting the needed pieces (processor, etc.) from Samsung, as you need to buy at least 10.000 each...

really? even if you're working on a prototype? bad.

if he need's to get approximately 10.000 of each thingy - what amount of cash would be involved?

Last edited by a moderator:
A one off purchase of 10,000 would be much more costly than asking for a regular order, as manufacturers of IC's hate increasing production, and then decreasing it again the next month - they want to keep a nice smooth supply. So your probably looking at £10 per chip or so, about £100,000. Place a monthly order, and it'll most likely come down to £60,000 - £70,000.

I know somewhere that will sell us less than the above, but they have a £35,000 minimum order value. They will supply lots of free samples however, but not without sending a couple of people to speak to you about how many your thinking of selling per month/estimated sales figures/etc, so unless your a proper company with everything in place, you've got no chance.

I liked the controller for v-boy, had quite a few buttons.
vb.jpg

EvilDragon posted on Aug 20 2005 at 02:34 PM said:
Mirko wants to finish this project regardless what handheld comes out.

But he certainly does have problems getting the needed pieces (processor, etc.) from Samsung, as you need to buy at least 10.000 each...

You can pickup smaller quantities via any distributor
with the Samsung CPU franchise, though they will
charge a big markup if they have to break a pack.

There are products likeSimtec IM2440D20 module comming out soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
interesting link^
i do hope the ninja gets off the ground sometime..hopefully with a vga resolution lcd ;)

Back