Project Ninja

This thing needs to have a distinct advantage over the PSP as far as I'm concerned. This will have a much smaller community than the PSP, and, if the only advantage is 77mhz, I do not believe that this thing will be worth a purchase.

It has to have something that will set it apart from the PSP and allow for an experience that can not be gotten elsewhere--like a touchscreen.

This thing needs to have a distinct advantage over the PSP as far as I'm concerned.  This will have a much smaller community than the PSP, and, if the only advantage is 77mhz, I do not believe that this thing will be worth a purchase.

It has to have something that will set it apart from the PSP and allow for an experience that can not be gotten elsewhere--like a touchscreen.

...Like a kick-a$$ version of the DS, instead of the suck-a$$ version we have now. :) But no two screens, thats dumb, only one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, and a temperature captor, and a micro...

What ? This axe, again ?

There must be a Ninja emulator for development purposes. Drivers to make it act like a USB gamepad (like saturn pc pad)/mouse (for touchscreen?) and Mass Storage device must also be made! (build into firmware perhaps?)

This must come out on release day.

This thing needs to have a distinct advantage over the PSP as far as I'm concerned. This will have a much smaller community than the PSP, and, if the only advantage is 77mhz, I do not believe that this thing will be worth a purchase.

What about not having a shitty way of booting homebrew, involving intricate swapping of memory cards?

What about not having a shitty way of booting homebrew, involving intricate swapping of memory cards?

Probably because you don't need to swap memory cards to get homebrew to run on a PSP? Regardless of whether firmware is 1.0 or 1.5, you can just download a homebrew archive, unpack to a (single) memory stick, and run from a menu selection.

If you are still swapping memory cards, then you need to read the news more often :)

I haven't had my PC for a few days so I wasn't up to date on the news, so I only read about that this morning, and I couldn't correct myself because all my posts are being moderated because Rico accused me of being a troll.

As such this post is redundant.

It can. Crank up the Voltage from 1.3V to 1.4V, and you can o/c to whopping 533MHz. (I think mr. mirko stated that before)
And even without that speed boost, the Ninja would be a considerable better homebrew console than the PSP, because it is a console designed for homebrew. Someday all of the PSP´s exploits will be closed and then you need eiter two of them or you won´t be able to run either homebrew or commercial games.

They won´t turn up anytime soon - Because Sony will try to prevent it at all costs.
And even if we finally will be able to modchip our PSP´s, i think Sony will prepare some nasty things for us- games that recognise the chip and won´t start or something like that... The PSP is certainly the best handheld for commercial games atm- but nothing more.

(Also it is way too large IMO, but offtopic)

Sorry to be late to this little party, but:

Count me in :D

... I'd be willing to donate some $$ for this project: telcoloo "at" yahoo "dot" com

I guess I will have to have two PSPs then. One for emuz and one for games. Bah :blink: $500 invested in PSPs because sony don't want us running w4r3z on their system ;) I just hope they sort out the smearing problem though. I was playing with some of the emus and the graphics left black trails as they scrolled. It almost looked like my screen is defective, although I know it is just how they are as others have reported it. There still is the GP32 for 8-bit stuff and MD. I guess the GP32 is still good for stuff except SNES.

I guess I will have to have two PSPs then. One for emuz and one for games. Bah :blink: $500 invested in PSPs because sony don't want us running w4r3z on their system ;) I just hope they sort out the smearing problem though. I was playing with some of the emus and the graphics left black trails as they scrolled. It almost looked like my screen is defective, although I know it is just how they are as others have reported it. There still is the GP32 for 8-bit stuff and MD. I guess the GP32 is still good for stuff except SNES.

I've done a few little things for the PSP now, and tried out loads of other people PSP demos, etc, and I must say homebrew just doesn't seem to suit it. The GP32 and Zodiac are so much better than it for homebrew, and since the emulators are not that much difference (apart from snes, which is a little quicker simply due to the fact that it runs at 333Mhz), I'm going to upgrade and just use commercial games on it instead. Or maybe I should sell it in a months time or so when they become more rare.. I dunno.

Probably because you don't need to swap memory cards to get homebrew to run on a PSP? Regardless of whether firmware is 1.0 or 1.5, you can just download a homebrew archive, unpack to a (single) memory stick, and run from a menu selection.

If you are still swapping memory cards, then you need to read the news more often :)

Well how about then the fact that you won't be constantly playing cat and mouse with the manufacturers of the unit over whether the latest firmware will be able to run homebrew or not and over how long you will have to wait for someone to crack it?

If you don't upgrade your firmware, then you'll never be playing cat'n'mouse. If you upgrade to a higher firmware that hasn't yet been cracked, but your main reason for owning a PSP is homebrew, then your a fool :)

The only advantage so far is that PSPs with 1.0/1.5 firmware will soon start to be in limited supply, and if Sony eventually manage to close all the holes, then developers may abandon it due to the limited numbers of people that can actually use the stuff they create.

What will eventually happen is that someone will do exactly the same as the xbox - bring out a firmware switcher, so you can have the latest firmware for games, and the 1.0 or 1.5 firmware for homebrew. I don't see this being done however until someone finds out how to run 'warez' on the psp, as homebrew doesn't make the mod chip creators much money (the amount of people wanting emu's compared to the amount of people wanting free games, for example, is huge).

Back