Release Preview: Mupen64Plus 2.0 Video

I'm assuming ptitSeb used the gles2 glide plugin from mupen64plus-ae? If not, good job for porting it yourself but it seems a bit redundant :p . Hopefully now that an updated version of mupen is on a more debugger friendly platform, some of the dynarec issues can be fixed (especially the DK64 walk through walls glitch)

Awesome! Even with the texture pack installed, OoT seems to be running at about the same speed as my old PAL N64 or even a little faster. Kokiri village really is a slideshow at times.

Shame the numbers in F-Zero X still get messed up (or so I hear), but I can live with that especially if I can run it at higher resolutions and still get 60fps :)

I'm assuming ptitSeb used the gles2 glide plugin from mupen64plus-ae? If not, good job for porting it yourself but it seems a bit redundant :p . Hopefully now that an updated version of mupen is on a more debugger friendly platform, some of the dynarec issues can be fixed (especially the DK64 walk through walls glitch)
Glide comes from here yes, and so is GLES2N64 video plugin.

But I ported Rice (the one from mupen64plus-ae crashed very often) and Arachnoid to GLES v1 (there are both fast, but have more glitchy video output). So there is 4 video plugins to play with...

DK64 is still crashing for me, whatever the video plugin I used. With Rice, I have the Logo, and it says "OK", screen goes black and it segfault...

Still work to do... But the Video is nice, thanks ED!

You forgot to mention that Rom Hacks now also can be played.

So "Super Mario 74" and "Super Mario Star Road" also are playable with frameskip now.

Portable Paper Mario. Everything is excellent in the world.
That one works. My kid is currently *hum* testing it on CC. It works, but need a swapfile (and so you'll have some huge slowdown on certain scene). He looks quite happy anyway, so it's seems to be perfectly playable :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back